Any way I can get screwed trading verizon iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by einmusiker, Jul 23, 2011.

1. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

I'm looking at trading my iPhone for a thunderbolt tomorrow with a guy from craigslist. Were going to meet at a verizon store to activate the phones on our accounts. Am I not seeing anything here? Should be fine right as long as both phones have good esn numbers and they are activated on our lines that should be it?

2. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

As long as you're at a Verizon store and they're taking care of the switching and any changes that may need to be made to either of your accounts I would say you have nothing to worry about.

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

One thing you've not accounted for......

your gonna miss your iphone !

Keep hold of the guys details your swapping with as your gonna want to swap back.....lol.

5. SR71 macrumors 68000

I'd advise not doing this. I recently switched FROM a Thunderbolt to an iPhone. The reason? Battery life. 3-6 hours of battery life was terrible, I knew it from the start, but I figured what the hell, I can manage it... Boy was I wrong. Don't do it man, you'll regret it.

On the bright side, 4G LTE is friggin' amazing. 25Mb/s download everywhere I was made the phone feel lightning fast and is the only thing I miss from the Thunderbolt, but I'm sure next year the iPhone will have 4G LTE and then I won't miss the Thunderbolt as much.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Just my 2 cents.

6. einmusiker thread starter macrumors 68030

einmusiker

The thunderbolt has the extended batty and im planning on basically just using it for internet. Going to root it and install a tethering app. I have my iphone on att still for on the go.

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

If it were me I'd call Verizon and ask them the same question to see if there are any gotchas or how this will affect your account, upgrade eligibility, etc. (if at all).

8. dennisjr631 macrumors 6502

I purchased the iPhone for Verizon when it came out. Sold it and went with the thunderbolt. I only lasted a week before I bought another iPhone. Think before you do that trade because you might regret it.

9. einmusiker thread starter macrumors 68030

einmusiker

This was covered earlier. Thanks for the input though