Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

colickyboy

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2008
OK, long story short, I ordered a new iphone for my wife under the regular AT&T web site but now realize I have a Premier account through my work. But AT&T says they won't waive the cancellation fee even if I upgrade the account later to Premier, which blows my mind. Doesn't make ANY sense to me.

Has anyone been able to get the activation fee waived (for whatever reason)? I'm just curious if AT&T has ever done that for anyone, so I know whether that rep was accurate or just blowing smoke up my @$$.

The other thing that blew my mind is the rep said if I refuse accepting shipment of the phone from the delivery guy (so I can reorder the right way thru the Premier web site), AT&T will still charge me a restocking fee! What?!?

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I got it waived, but that was when I was adding a Data Card. I just said, I've been an faithful AT&T customer for 3+ years and I think it'd be great avoid that fee. Customer rep called up and got the fee waived.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.