Anybody else go bareback?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Macs4u, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Macs4u macrumors regular

Hi, up until today I have always had back cases for all my products such as iPhone, iPod touch, iPad 1 etc etc

I've just got a new iPad 2 and thought I'd try it without a case and omg it feels sooooo much nicer.

Anybody else go bareback? Am I mad?

I do have a screen protector but may even drop that now.

Matt

2. melman101, Oct 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2011

melman101 macrumors 68030

I have a smartcover and a screen protector. It's great. I carry it in a Targus sleeve.

3. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

Bareback?
    oh I thought this was about something else nvm

4. allmanbrother macrumors member

I've gone bareback since launch day (with smart cover of course).

5. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

I do all the time, my girlfriend HATES it!

Oh.. my iPad umm ya I just use a cheap folio case from eBay.:rolleyes:

6. saberahul macrumors 68040

No scratches on mine either.

7. applefanboy4739 macrumors member

I go bareback, and it feels quite elegant. I just keep a tight grip because I know what it costs......

8. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Been going bareback for some months now, with some minor scratches on the back*. My iPad also has minor scratches on the back too, but I stopped caring about that a long time ago. I use a Smart Cover, as the screen is the most important, and that is flawless.

*Obvious joke is obvious.

9. c14nhl macrumors 6502

c14nhl

I have a smart cover.

The only time I keep it on when using the iPad is when I'm using it as a stand so you could say I'm going bareback the vast majority of the time. Can't imagine having something covering it up when using it. Feels great in the hands!

10. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Yup

Bareback with a Smart Cover though I'm thinking of "jimmy'ing" up with some Ghost Armor/InvisiShield on the back.

11. palpatine macrumors 68040

no chance. ever. this ipad is going to look brand new when i sell it in preparation for the ipad 3 (or maybe migration to android, if the app market beefs up on productivity).

12. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

If you don't want a case but are worried about it you could go with an invisible shield. I have a I have a X-Men skinit on mine.

13. JPS macrumors regular

Lightweight Hammerhead case, front and back. It's great.

14. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

i just use a smart cover, but when i put my iPad down on the table i always put the smart cove face down so i don't scratch the back. as for my iPhone i use a slide in case just from my pocket.

15. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

No way. I use a zagg shield and its great. I put it on properly this time so am happy with it. I use my iPad all the time so it'd be a bad idea for me to go naked.

16. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

95% of the time I use my iPad it is in the lap position, horizontal or else I would go bareback.

Like this.

[​IMG]

17. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

I used to use the Apple Case for the iPad, but I stopped using it about a year back because the iPad was just so nice to hold on its own. Been naked for a year now, and it's still perfectly fine. There's a small dent in the back, but whatever, not too shabby for a nearly two-year-old iPad :)

As for my iPhone, I've never used a case with any of them. Not my original, not my 3GS, and not my 4. And they all still look great!

18. MonsterRain macrumors member

I don't buy my Apple products with the intention of selling them later. I buy them to use them. For that reason? No case. With the iPad, whenever I do get one, at most, I'll just use the smart cover, only for the dust protection. I don't care about the back of the device. I could care less if it becomes one big scratched up mess. I'll never see it.

I've never had problems selling a scratched up iDevice for the same price as one that isn't, as long as the front is still good.

19. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

I went out right after I got the iPad 2 and bought a Galaxy screen protector and stuck it on the back. It was about 1" too small all the way around, but it is enough to protect the back from scratches when I set it down. It is also slightly rubbery feeling and has a good grip in my hand.

20. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    That's weird, she loves it when I do it! :D

21. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

22. iarti macrumors newbie

I prefer nude iPad. Only got smart cover and sleeve to go.

23. MallCop macrumors 6502

24. bryanjc macrumors regular

dont bother with a screen protector, they are more trouble that they are worth, i have a smart cover and a sleeve for travel. :apple:

25. jacobson00 macrumors member

I would rather not go bareback. It is just not safe... So many diseases can happen on the ipad. Just put some protection. Unless you really trust yourself and the ipad