Anybody else NOT watching their battery % ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacDawg, Oct 28, 2011.

1. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I am not unsympathetic to those with battery issues
    I am sure some are valid and need to be addressed

But I don't constantly check my battery numbers, percentage, standby or anything else
    I don't check every time I do something to see if it dropped 2% or 5%
    I don't monitor overnight drain
    I don't fiddle with every setting on the phone trying to squeeze another percent

I just use my phone and plug it in at night

I am curious, anybody else NOT constantly checking their battery %?

2. macbd macrumors regular

The first few days, mostly due to the hype on this forum, I was closely watching my battery percentages, comparing it to how the iP4 was. But I've found that since I have turned off the percentage indicator, I'm much more relaxed about the battery.

True, it doesn't perform as well as the iP4 battery did, but I plug it at night, and everything is fine.

The phone does a lot more network-wise now, with iOS 5, and that is probably the reason for the faster drain.

But so what? My coworker with his Evo has to pretty much keep his phone plugged in all day.

3. juswest macrumors regular

I don't think they were checking it either, until well you know it died.

4. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Wirelessly posted (iPhone : Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Whatever problems you may have, be thankful that you can actually do all that the iPhone can do while out and about. Search YouTube for The world is amazing but nobody's happy.

5. Illuminated macrumors 6502a

Illuminated

I don't really watch it, but I do have the % showing...I plug it in whenever I'm at my desk and when ever I am near a plug and have
    My charger...

6. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I've noticed drops in battery life since updating to iOS 5. Sometimes it's significant, sometimes it's not. Not sure why that is. Anyhoo, I shut the percentage indicator off and now I'm fine. I probably should restore as new but I'm too lazy. I'll just keep this up until the iPhone 5 comes out next year.

7. MaxximusPrime macrumors newbie

Bingo! Some of us don't get that luxury, we have to plug it in at the office, in the car and at home during the day.

8. ijohnbro macrumors regular

I watch my battery indicator for hours, sometimes I grab popcorn and a soda for it.

9. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

I never look at mine. With my use it will last me two days before it is completely dead so I don't worry and charge it every morning before work

10. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I keep my battery % displayed, but I'm not anal about it. It is what it is. I don't check it every 10 seconds to see if it has dropped.

Reason I keep it checked is because I like knowing an exact amount as to how much battery have left when I do check it.

Threads can come up about anything these days.

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If I check my battery level twice a day, I consider that a lot. I generally don't pay any attention to the battery level during the day.

12. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

I don't. I'm on day 3 since last charge.

13. adztaylor macrumors 68000

I display the % but I don't obsesses over it, I use mine heavily so as long as it serves me from when I wake up to when I go to bed I'm fine. Pop it in the dock before I go to bed and wake up to a freshly charged iPhone. I'm using an iPhone 4 though and never had any problems with battery life.

14. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

15. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Absolutely. Never assume that active topics mean that the less mentioned alternatives aren't in use no matter what forum site you're on. And does it really matter anyway (unless you're just trying to fit in)? Do what you prefer. As with anything in life, some people are obsessive, some are not.

16. AppleWarMachine macrumors 6502a

AppleWarMachine

Ditto

I have all of my settings on/maxed out, use it until the battery is low and the charge overnight, then get a new iPhone in 2 years, recycle, repeat...

17. sbddude macrumors 6502a

You can't charge at night?

18. MaxximusPrime macrumors newbie

My point was that it doesn't make it a full day. I don't get to charge it once at night.

19. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

This and this. I have mine on so I know where I'm at so I know if it needs a charge. I totally don't get all OCD about it throughout the day. I just use and abuse.

20. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

What makes it so you can't plug it in at night?

21. jade, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011

jade macrumors 6502

Me too. I have a 50% success rate of it lasting all day. I keep watch to see if i need to be cognizant of charging during the day. If it lasted all day with no question, it wouldn't be a concern.

For example, I am 5 hours unplugged from the charger, and at 59% of battery left. I have sent a dozen emails and about 5 texts. Browsed/Facebook for 15-20 minutes and downloaded 5 app updates. At this rate, I will be lucky to make it until dinner time.

22. pbateman macrumors 6502

I guess im lucky i see absolutely no difference in how long my battery lasts compared to my 4, using it exactly the same way. I had my 4s on last weekend without charging for the entire weekend from friday afternoon to Sunday night when it got to 20%.

23. asouclks macrumors member

I don't watch my battery percentage either. But when I get home and it dies on me before I even head to sleep then it's a problem. I would never charge my phone before bed with my iPhone 4.

Doesn't matter if I you don't watch it, the problem still exists whether you believe it or not.

24. wellok macrumors 6502

I have it turned on because I feel like my status bar looks lopsided without it, but I don't obsess over it.

25. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I don't keep checking my battery because turning on the phone causes the battery to drain needlessly.