Anybody get the Spigen Ultra Thin Air case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by squidkitten, Sep 24, 2012.

1. squidkitten macrumors 6502

squidkitten

I'm waiting for the clear one to come out, but has anyone tried out the black/white? If so, what do you think of the fit?

2. Massa macrumors member

Massa

Just ordered one through Amazon. Patiently waiting :( ...

3. squidkitten thread starter macrumors 6502

squidkitten

I really love Spigen. I got the Ultra Oleophobic screen protector and it's an amazing product. They sent out a notice saying it doesn't fit properly, so they resent out a whole new set (just got it in the mail today) but I had no problem with the fit on my original, so I got 4 protectors for the price of two!

I've heard nothing but good things about their cases, I'm just eager to see what people think of their iPhone 5 model!

4. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

I've got a white one on my ip5 and its great! Super light, no bulk, fits perfect yet not to hard to put on or take off.

I prefer a more protective case but for what it is its a good one.

I plan to post my full on video review of it at some point tomorrow - lots of cases coming through right now ;)

5. squidkitten thread starter macrumors 6502

squidkitten

Excellent! I love video reviews! Any chance you can quote me and post a link on this thread so I know I'll see it?

6. dynamiks macrumors newbie

I ordered the black one, and it still hasn't shipped! And I ordered it on friday... :mad:

----------

Here's a review of the white one already... It's really nice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Nb-Mdd8Boo

7. squidkitten thread starter macrumors 6502

squidkitten

Fantastic. The more video reviews the better. I really like this case so far. Spigen always delivers top quality products! I can't decide if I want to order the black now or wait for the crystal clear hrmmmm...

8. katai macrumors regular

The case looks nice. I love the minimalist look. I might get one in black for my black phone.

9. josh1985 macrumors newbie

Haven't get any of them yet? hope it's great

10. MacWorld78 macrumors member

I've pre-order the same model but with black version - I'm having double though right now! - there is no protection from top and bottom :confused:

maybe silicone will for all around protection?

11. sangreal06 macrumors member

Ordered a black one the other day. Should be here tomorrow, but after watching that video review I'm not sure if it will actually do any good

12. sangreal06 macrumors member

My black one came in today. It does indeed look fantastic, but offers a minimal amount of protection. Just enough that I feel I can put my phone down without babying it. Ironically, it came with a small scuff on one of the front edges

13. kyellowness macrumors regular

14. hmai18 macrumors 6502

Does it provide a raised lip, or does it sit flush with the screen?

15. Hanwei macrumors member

Is the white version glossy? Or is it more of a matte finish?

16. Georgexm macrumors newbie

The Incipio Feather looks awesome on the ok ip5. Matte finish, what's not too like if ur just looking for minimal case. Good luck.

17. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

What kind of material is this case coated with? Is it the soft touch material that has sort of a grip or just matte plastic?

I'm interested in the black one, seems like a quality piece.

Anyone own these for previous iphones that can say if they get loose over time?

18. bwsteg macrumors 6502

For anyone who has ordered from Amazon, rather than Spigen directly contact SPG immediately. I just received an email stating that all "Smooth Black" have been recalled, and new versions will be shipped starting Oct. 9th. They also state that in the event that you receive the older version of the smooth black (since some orders were already shipped), keep it and use it until the new batch arrives.

What's strange is that they say for reason's due to manufacturing process. I hope using the old case doesn't scratch up my phone.

19. squidkitten thread starter macrumors 6502

squidkitten

Soft Clear just came in stock if anybody is interested. I was going to get the crystal clear, but I really don't like the white letters on the side of the case. It looks pretty awful :/ I ordered the Desmay Slight instead, and if that doesn't work out, I might look into the Incipio Feather or the Zero in clear.

20. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

I got the same email and immediately emailed SGP because I had the same concern that you did. This is the response that I got,

It will go on the phone, but it does not fit quite right on one side. I've taken it on and off twice and it does not appear to cause any damage.

21. AnthonySmith macrumors 6502

AnthonySmith

Yes! I got this e-mail as well. It does not snap in as I hoped. Also, where the volume buttons are, they're not centered in the opening so hopefully they fix that as well. I knew it didn't fit right.

22. bwsteg macrumors 6502

I also had the same issue with the right side not snapping-in correctly...

23. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

does anyone have the same "fit" issues with the white one?

24. bwsteg macrumors 6502

No issues with other colors, only smooth black...

25. zerolight macrumors 6502

zerolight

I'm returning mine. It's a nice case. Two issues. Minor one being the white colour is a different shade to the white phone which catches your eye immediately. But the bigger issue for me is that the back of the case doesn't stop flush with the edge of the bottom of the phone, nor does it wrap around it like the old incipio feather for the 4. Instead it sticks out a bit below the phone. If, like me, you tend to rest the phone on your pinky when using it (not on a call obviously) then your finger has the sharp edge of the case pressing into it. I found it awkward an uncomfortable.

I'm not completely enamoured with the feel of the case but I may just be used to a naked 5. Search continues.

----------

Glossy

----------

Flush