Anybody getting the 6 Plus S and the ipad mini 4?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by The Game 161, Sep 15, 2015.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Still in two minds

Not sure if it's pointless having the mini and the plus. Guess will wait till I have the plus in my hands to decide

2. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

I previously had the 6+ and an iPad Air 2. I found myself reaching to use my phone much much less and enjoying the Air as it was snappier and the screen was beautiful.

In the end, I sold the Air and the 6+ and went back to Android for a while.

Now I pre-ordered a 6s+ and on the hunt for an iPad mini or Air/Air 2 until I think about the pro.

I enjoyed a bigger device to web surf and watch videos on even though the 6+ is great for that, it won't beat an iPad or at least in my experience.

3. Downs2011 macrumors regular

I have considered it a few times but the thought of my phone being more powerful than my ipad makes feel like the Mini may be unnecessary. The size of the mini is great though, i just wish it came with the specs of the iPad Pro :D

4. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

I am.

when I got my 6+ last year I would contemplate going with the full size ipad since they are sorta close in size.... however when it comes to doing things like surfing the web or reading macrumors on a mobile device.... I prefer the ipad!

ultimately I ended up with the mini vs full size because of portability. I like that the mini fits in almost all of my purses and if it doesn't... the carry case I have for it isn't that big...

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

No, its not pointless. But the same reason I got a 6S+ is the same reason I'm getting an iPad Pro.

Go big or go home.

6. laffnvegas macrumors member

laffnvegas

I have last years 6+ and 1st generation mini while at work I use my plus a lot but home use the mini for reading and will probably use my new 4 more but will use the both

7. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

This is the thing I have the air 2 aa well so think maybe having all 3 isn't a good idea

8. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

Then yea it may be a tad overkill but hey, when you are a tech fanatic like most of us here there is no such thing as overkill. :)

9. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    I used to carry my iPad Mini 2 with me all the time. Last year I bought the iPhone 6 Plus and gradually started carrying the iPad Mini less and less, using it less and less. I also have the iPad Air 2 and have found that I tend to reach for it first and use it much more often than the Mini. So this year I'll be buying the new iPhone 6S Plus and skipping the iPad Mini 4. If there had been an iPad Air 3 on offer, though, I definitely would have purchased it. Looks as though my iPad Air 2 and I'll be together for another year now.......

10. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

I have a mini, iPad Air and iPhone 6 Plus.

My personal preference in iPads is the Air. It's only 1lb. Obviously super thin and easy to slip into any bag I'm carrying. The job requires I have a laptop at all times, my new MacBook covers that need. Having both sizes of iPads for a few years I still prefer the Air.

Yet it's the most personal decision of all the Apple gear I have.

YMMV :D

11. leenak macrumors 68020

For me, the regular iPad is too big, the 6+/6s+ is too small for my tablet needs but the mini is just right. I would only consider the 6s+ for me if I was planning to get rid of the mini and then I'd get the regular iPad Air but I love my mini and wouldn't give it up and I need a phone that isn't huge.

12. USCJohnnyP macrumors newbie

I have a 6+ and a mini 4 on the way to replace my current mini 2. I find the form factor of the mini perfect for gaming. I like that I can hold it comfortably for hours while I level up in Hearthstone each month. I can play Hearthstone on the 6+, but it is a much better experience on the mini. My wife has an air and although I like it a lot, I still prefer the comfort and portability of the mini.

13. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Yeah I mean my mine usage for my mini will be

at work
    when travelling
    when going to basketball away games
    hoilday trips
    watching the odd tv show, football when at my girlfriends house

stuff like that

I likely wouldn't use the mini at home much as i would use my ipad for that. Although when im using my ipad my GF can use the mini i guess

14. chrisforpm macrumors member

I have a 6+ and a mini 2. I'll be upgrading to the 6s+ and mini 4. I love my 6+ on the go but I find that the phone is still too small to do everything on. I like using my mini at home. It's the perfect size.

15. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

All 5 devices.... iPhone 6S, 6S+, iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2(3)?, iPad Pro.

Why settle for less?

16. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

It's only pointless if you think it is. It's great having various sized devices to choose from, we all get to pick what works best for us. I personally prefer a smaller iPhone 6 paired with an iPad 2, but that combo only works for some. If you get the Mini and aren't happy with it, you can always upsize it within 2 weeks. That should give you an idea on whether that combination is what you want. Enjoy!

17. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

To me, the iPad Mini and a 6+(insert any other phablet) have two separate uses.

When I get home from work, I either keep my phone in my pocket or stick it on the charger and pull out the iPad and use it to mess with my fantasy team or send out a few emails while I'm watching ESPN or something like that. I also grab it when I'm traveling and want a larger screen but don't need a laptop. For me, the iPad is more of a coffee table or nightstand device or something you take with you on a trip. A phablet device can fit that role in a pinch but between the aspect ratio and screen size, it just doesn't completely do it for me. To me, the magic and usefulness of the iPad comes with the 4:3 aspect ratio. It's the reason why doing much work (or leisure) on a phone hasn't really appealed to me or why I've never been interested in 16:9 or 16:10 tablets. Manufactures like HTC, Asus, and Samsung are just starting to catch on to 4:3.

18. Binarymix macrumors 6502a

This.

I really only use my iPad mini at home, on the couch, on the throne, on a plane, on a train, in the car (when a passenger obviously).

I use my iPhone for all other uses; patio, porch, on the go and pretty much everywhere. (Mostly because I can smoke and easily control an iPhone).

I wasn't trying to rhyme. Really.

19. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

this is why maybe I think I should just stick with 6S plus and my air 2. It's nice to have on paper but do i need a mini and an air? likely not

20. Binarymix macrumors 6502a

Not both, probably not.

I just prefer the minis size to the air. I had larger iPads up until the mini came out, then I was like "awesome" it's the perfect size.

I have had all gens. of the mini up until 3rd gen. because I really didn't feel the need to shell out money just for touchID. With the new enhancements however, touchID is just a bonus.

Only thing that irks me a tad, is that none of my prior mini cases or covers are compatible, because it is both longer, and thinner.

Bummer.

21. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

This is a Good Thread because Many people here are in the same boat.

I had an iPad Mini and a Nexus 7, and would 100% reach for either and my iPhone 6 was just a phone maybe texts and YouTube here and there some Internet

But then I tried the Note 5, and I stopped using both small tablets and my iPhone 6.

The Note 5 is simply that good.

Now I'll wait to get an iPad Air 3 a "mini tablet" at 8 inches would be redundant 5.7" is a small tablet
    I'll get a 9.7" iPad Air 3

22. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

"I see your true colors shining through....."

23. leebroath macrumors 6502

leebroath

My personal pref is the iPhone 6S (not plus) for going out with and the Mini 4 for sitting with at home or Offshore :)

24. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

I am. The iPad Mini fills a better gap between my 5.5" iPhone 6+ and 12" MacBook than the iPad Air did.

25. Saturn007 macrumors 6502

Keep in mind that the iPad Mini's screen size is almost 2 1/2 times bigger than the iPhone 6+'s!

That's no small potatoes!