Anybody got a mac, iphone 4 also have the ipad?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Game 161, Feb 14, 2011.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Anybody got all 3?

Do you think it's worth having all 3? mainly having an ipad along with the iphone 4?

Thinking of getting an ipad as it is a bigger screen and would be useful just relaxing downstairs.

Anybody got all 3?

2. Thadon macrumors member

I have all three and use them all. The iPad is mainly for watching movies/hulu and using it while watching tv in bed. Mac I use for programming and the iPhone well I use it as a phone. =P

3. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F5166b Safari/6533.18.5)

Uh, yes.

4. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Movies wise do you have to pay for them all or can you download them onto the ipad through a DVD?

5. DeathChill macrumors 68000

Yep, I've got an iPhone 4, iPhone 3G, iPad, MacBook and Mac Mini.

6. bmms8 macrumors 68020

within my immediate family we have 4 iphones, imac, macbook pro, macbook, and ipad. it all started when i picked up macbook summer of 07 :)

though im the only apple fan haha :D

7. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

They call it MacRumors for a reason.

8. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

Yes, I did. I sold my iPad for the iPad 2 though.

9. Tonsko macrumors 6502

Tonsko

Yep, got all 3. However, no matter which way you turn it, the ipad is a luxury. Don't get me wrong, I use it all the time for vids, browsing, games etc. but if you're feeling a bit strapped, then MBP and iphone is enough. If you can/want to afford it, get one. :D

10. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Tis true. Realistically, and financially speaking, the iPad is a bonus as it a smaller laptop and bigger iPhone all in one. As far as the iPad is concerned, it's about WANT versus NEED. In my case, it's a WANT :D since I already have a MBP and iPhone. I do, however, need something a smidge smaller than my MBP to carry around while traveling so there is some actual need for it.

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I used to have all three, got rid of the iPhone for another smart phone. Even still, I find use for all three.

12. dave420 macrumors 65816

I use all three and it is great. I haven't used the MacMini as much since getting the iPad, but it is still needed for some things of course (app development, burning cds, syncing devices)

13. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Got all 3.

iPad is great due to its long battery life and large multi-touch display. iPhone is great on the go.

14. bid2ask77 macrumors regular

bid2ask77

I have all and everything is used for something different.

15. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

I have all three plus an iPod Touch. The MacBook rarely leaves my room; the iPad rarely leaves my house; the iPhone rarely leaves my pocket; and my iPod Touch rarely gets used anymore.

16. NebulaClash macrumors 68000

NebulaClash

My MacBook Pro is my media hub, the main storage center for my system. It is also where I do dev work, and the place where I do writing and any task where I want to see multiple windows open simultaneously.

My iPad is the device I use most of all. I do all of my RSS reading on it in the evenings, I play games on it, and most of all I read books on it. If I had to choose only one device, this is the one I would keep. And it is the perfect travel device.

My iPhone 4 is my commute companion. I continue reading the book I started on my iPad, and I keep in touch with email through the day. When I get home my bookmark gets transferred to my iPad so I can continue with the book where I left off.

All three devices talk to each other, each has its own place, each does a great job.

17. Burr510 macrumors member

Burr510

Between my wife and I we have:

An iMac

An iPad: used for surfing the net on the couch, iBooks, games and she uses it for cooking apps

2 iPod Classics: so that we can take our entire music collection with us.

2 Iphones

we got the iPad because we wanted a Mac Book to surf the net in the living room or in bed at night. we decided the iPad would do that and it's cheaper.

we use all devices almost every day

18. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Yes, and I use all 3.

MBP - I primarily use to process my photographs via Adobe Photoshop. I also use it to buy mp3's from iTunes and Amazon. And more obviously, I use it to sync up my iPhone and iPad.

iPad - I primarily use my iPad for iBooks, web browsing, typing out longer emails, Twitter, Facebook, and ocassionally Netflix.

iPhone - It's obviously my phone, so it's with me everywhere I go.

19. xyz1534 macrumors regular

Have the Mac and the iPhone, will get the iPad as soon as the new one comes out

20. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Macbook Pro-this is used mainly for when I'm DJing. We may do some occasional web browsing on it.

iPad-this has replaced the MB Pro in the house as I use it for the apps and some browsing while my fiance uses it mainly for web browsing and games.

iPhone-use this when I'm out for phone calls, texts, emails, and of course apps as well.

iPod classic-this gets used when I'm on the road and comes in handy.

Each device has a purpose with me and gets used accordingly. My fiance called my iPad an oversized iPhone before I got it and now she's in love with it and trying to take it with her to DC this weekend. That won't happen since I'm going to LA this weekend and I will need :D

21. Mapmonkey macrumors regular

Yes I have all three, iPhone 3GS, MacBook 13" aluminium and an iPad.

Do I really need all three, probably not. The iPad was a must buy gadget, but it has become my primary bit of kit. The iPhone has pretty much been reduced to just being a phone, once I played Angry Birds on the iPad I couldn't go back to the iPhone. Same for FB,twitter and email.

Feel sorry for my MacBook it's been neglected and we were so close, but times change;) the MacBook is my store for music, photos. I use it to rip and burn. And it holds my material for work. I teach at home so the MacBook has the audio tracks and print outs etc.

It's the battery on the iPad that is so amazing, I can surf for ages sitting on the bed or sofa. Do still take the MacBook to bed to watch BBC iplayer, I have to use a VPN and openvpn isn't available for the iPad. (pptp VPN on the iPad can't hack the distance to the UK). So in this respect I feel like the head and shoulders ad, " still taking a shampoo and conditioner in to the shower"

If I had the cash, I think I would readjust my line up, losing the MacBook adding an iMac, I could watch iplayer on a bigger screen. As for the iPhone well I won't be upgrading to iPhone 4, can't justify it. Might go to iPhone 5 but not in a hurry.

As I said in a previous post I hope in future to see an iPad-pro that merges more of the MacBook Air into the iPad. Hook up a big screen, keyboard and mouse when needed, unhook to lounge around the house or the coffee shop;)

There is a lot of overlap in the products, but something for everyone.
    Different strokes for different folks.

22. Sean006 macrumors 6502

i have all three but my macbook only sees the light of day when i need to update/restore the ipad or iphone .

my ipad has taken over surfn at home and i bring it to work to watch shows during lunch.:D

23. gigapocket1 macrumors 65816

Well considering I have an iMac, MacBook Pro (upgraded 2 1TB hard drive, 8gigs of ram), iPhone 4, and iPad..

I use everything.. Although i do end up usually carry my iPhone..But all my devices have everything synced to it thru Dropbox (documents, itunes, iphoto)... So i really don't need to sync.. Notes are synced thru Yahoo i believe..

I would have to say it depends on your setup. And what all you plan on doing.. I find that i dont use my iPad alot, mainly because Im to lazy to charge it.. But when i do use it, Its not like I have to sync it and get everything back ready.. Its ready to go..

I also dont think i use my iPad as much because I use skype alot..Theirs no point of using the iPad if im on skype on my desktop.. I think i will use it more when i get the iPad 2 lol

24. OptyCT macrumors 6502

I have a MBP, iPhone 4, and and iPad (as well as an AppleTV). No matter how you look at it, the iPad is a huge upgrade over the iPhone when it comes to watching video, surfing the web, gaming, e-book reading, etc. As others have said, the three devices really define themselves (usage wise) when you have access to all of them. If you removed any one of these items from my daily rotation, there would certainly be a void.

25. trsnrtr macrumors 6502

trsnrtr

Got an iPad, iMac, iPhone4 and two iPod Touches. I had the Touches before the iPhone. :)