Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lazer711

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2008
Yes!

i, too, am having problems receiving text messages. i ported my number over from verizon and i text message A LOT (avg 700+ a month) so my usage is definitely a great sample of just how spotty the text messaging is. so...it seems the problem happens more for receiving than sending. in fact, i don't recall ever hearing anyone not getting MY text messages. but there have been MANY instances where i do not get some people's text messages

and there doesn't seem to be a pattern either. i'd say i get about 85% of my text messages. it affects anybody at any given time. even if you're having a dialogue with someone, some texts will just not get sent. it seems to happen randomly and for no good reason. quite honestly, its EXTREMELY annoying. it's even caused a few problems btw me and a friend of mine. some texts are very important and should not be missed, especially in this day and age

i called ATT and they adjusted some "provisions" on my account but ya know what? later that day, bam, missed text message

i called again and was on the phone for an hour with tech support. they opened up a service ticket but ya know what? it failed to find any problems

meanwhile, i'm still missing text messages for sure. what's even more sad is, i don't think this is something ATT can rectify. i think it's more to do with ATT's sh*tty service. i don't EVER recall missing text messages when i was with verizon. in fact, i don't recall ever having a problem with them. i LOVE my iPhone but i almost want to return it since the text msging problem makes me so paranoid and annoyed.

here's an article about this issue, not sure it helps but it's good to hear we are definitely not the only ones: http://www.iphoneatlas.com/2008/07/28/iphone-3g-text-messages-not-getting-through/

CharQuake

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2008
i've only had one of my friends say they texted me something that i didn't receive but then again most of my firends have verizon... perhaps its a conflict between the providers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.