Anybody having second thoughts about the iphone and want the THUNDERBOLT 4G instead?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bonds79, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Bonds79 macrumors 6502

Anybody having second thoughts about the iphone and want the THUNDERBOLT 4G instead, especially since early adopters get grandfathered into the 29.99 unlimited 3G/4G LTE plan.

2. shelbymayer macrumors regular

I'm going for the Motorola Atrix in march! (I have AT&T)

3. brock2621 macrumors 6502a

brock2621

No.

4. brock2621 macrumors 6502a

brock2621

5. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

No.

These phone/device names are getting pretty entertaining. And people talk about Apple's marketing? :p

6. countrydweller macrumors 6502

countrydweller

My wife wants the Atrix also, I'll give her's a shot. Probably get the iPhone(next model) when it comes out....

7. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Nope, I'm not. :)

8. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Nope. I have an HTC phone (Droid Incredible) and don't really care for Android. And the Thunderbolt doesn't really look like it's bringing much new to the table but a bigger screen, a body the size of a brick and 4G service available in only a small handful of markets.
    No thanks.

9. doubleaa macrumors regular

Zero. As a longtime Mac and iPod user I've been waiting for the iPhone for four years. I have no carrier loyalty and would have been with AT&T long ago if the 3G coverage was strong in my area. It's not so I was forced to wait like many here.

10. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

No.

Personally, nothing about Android appeals to me ... even the notifications.

11. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

+2!!

i got rid of AT&T and my iPhone a couple of weeks ago and bought the Incredible to hold me over for the Verizon iPhone release. Android is definitely behind the curve, although the notification system is nice. My buddy has an Evo, the phone is way too big, has HORRIBLE battery life, and 4G isn't available anywhere close to me.

12. AlexIamandi macrumors newbie

I think I'll get it. I never had an Android phone(just installed on my old iPhone 3g), and I want one. It looks pretty nice too.

13. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

I often show photos/videos of the kids/grandkids to family, so I'd like the larger screen.

It depends on how Verizon is going to charge data plans if you live outside 4G coverage area.

14. Fugue macrumors 6502

I am 90% sure that 4G will simply cost an additional $15 a month added to the $29.99 we currently pay for 3G. It may be unlimited at first but I highly doubt it will stay that way.

Regarding the Thunderbolt:

I am never moving back to Android unless its Flea Market catches up to the App Store, the phones will pack equal battery life to the iPhone, and the interface will stop being so goddamn glitchy.

15. trizzil macrumors regular

trizzil

hell no...i have gone through so many different android phones and i never liked it.. i love the iphone, i had the 3g and 3gs when i was with ATT..

can't wait for my verizon iphone to come on monday.

16. BugBytes, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012

BugBytes macrumors regular

17. Sticman macrumors member

Well, the data on the VZW iphone is supposed to be slower than the GSM iphone. So, certainly something to consider.
    But, the Thunderbolt is larger enough that it won't fit easily into a jean pocket, so combined with the fact that I prefer ios, I'm a no for now.

18. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Wouldn't the tablet be better? :confused:

19. e²Studios, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011

e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I am actually thinking to switch to the HTC Inspire when it comes out in a couple weeks. I have the iPhone 4 now, but I really just would like to have a droid and see what its all about. The inner tech geek in me loves the specs on the Inspire, the screen is bigger, more memory, aluminum unibody, and its a new gadget.

The one thing I really like is how universal the droid app store is. There is a Japanese app on the JPN iTunes store, Apple sees to it that I cannot buy from any store that isn't in my region. However on Droid that same App is on the Droid marketplace, sure I have to pay for it in Yen, but its available. In this day in age I really don't see why anyone limits you to purchasing things from only your region. It is after all a global market.

I have 3 phones on my account so I figure I will just use one that is not under contract to get the phone, transfer my number to it, and give that user my iPhone 4. If I don't like it my contract is up in a year so I can just jump back to the iPhone 5 or whatever it will be in 2012.

It's nice to hear we can carry our unlimited data over, I was a bit worried about that. Though if I want to use the hotspot feature I have to get the tethering plan which requires me to switch to a current data plan on the phone I heard.

20. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

21. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

but how often are you going to have a tablet in your pocket.
    He could be visiting his kids/grandkids so he just has his cell phone with him.
    Plus using a tablet would require him to carry more crap with him.

22. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Who said anything about AT&T grandfathering 4G LTE? They don't even offer it. You'll be grandfathered into HSPA+. When they offer LTE I find it unlikely they'll allow those with grandfathered plans to have it and keep their unlimited plan.

23. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

The Thunderbolt isn't an AT&T phone it's going to be on Verizon.

24. jmo1116 macrumors regular