Anybody here ever play cornhole?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by npolly0212, Oct 15, 2018.

1. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If a stranger walked up to my kids in a park, and asked out of the blue about playing cornhole or any other recreational game, I would have called the cops. Its not the game, its the fact that a stranger approached them. I don't don't the circumstances of what transpired in your case, but we have a saying here - stranger danger.

2. D.T. macrumors G3

D.T.

Maybe this will help ...

<JOKE>
    I asked the kids in the local park just now if they wanted to play 'Cornhole' with me, and now I'm typing this from the reception of the local police station. Their parents are upset with me for some reason, I have no idea why. I hope it'll all be sorted out without any lasting consequences for my job, my house, or my life.
    </JOKE>

:D

3. AngerDanger macrumors 601

AngerDanger

Now that is a fantastic saying!

4. RedTomato macrumors 601

RedTomato

I'm thinking about printing this out and putting on my wall .... :)

5. jbarley macrumors 68040

jbarley

when we were kids we played a very similar game, only we called it bean-bag tossing and avoided all the hassle.

6. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Lol! And those chemistry sets containing a radioactive puck, Mercury, cyanide, and ammonium nitrate! Those were the days!

When friends came over we’d boil a pot of water then chase each other around squirting it at each other with turkey basters. We played for keeps.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 27, 2018 ---
    Consider it a PSA. Lol!

7. Matz Contributor

Matz

After trying a few games on one occasion, I'm here to say that it's tougher than it looks.

I actually own one of those. Pretty good pump, as it turns out.

8. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

Hey all! Haven't gotten any notifications from this post lol!

Here are some of my recent sets I've finished up. Started shipping them within the US and have been doing great now!

Attached Files:

9. Zenithal macrumors G3

I don't think I've ever seen this game and I've lived in the US for a long time. I do like lawn games, though. They're quite fun and it's a way to engage everyone at a family event. I have fond memories trying to convince my younger brother to become a human dart with just a mere helmet. Alas, this didn't work out because he refused to even try it or be forced into such a precarious situation. So, so long ago.

I guess I was a bit of a meanie.

10. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

Hahahaha! Sounds like a good time. I had never heard of the game until I moved to the south and started going to college football games! But it's an obsession of mine now.
    I'm good at pointless games and this is one where I'm just good at hahaha

11. Zenithal macrumors G3

Cornhole? South US? Gee, I don't recall it myself. Horseshoes was popular when I was down there. Hell, horseshoes are always popular. Bocce and croquet are also good games. Stone put could be considered a lawn game, right?

12. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah it's big during college football season and tailgating! I only know of horseshoes haha

13. Sword86 macrumors regular

I’ve never heard of it referred by that name although the name I heard it called escapes me. The first time I saw it being played was prior to a TCU home football game about 11 years ago. I’ve never seen it since. S

14. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

Really? Down here it's at everybodies tailgates every weekend. Otherwise I'm the back yard the weekends of away games!
    --- Post Merged, May 20, 2019 ---
    Here are some new sets that I have finished or am finishing up

Attached Files:

15. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816