Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Is the case good quality? I just ordered it but surprised how cheap it is compared to Mous and Otterbox cases. Is it one of those cases that gets loose on the sides after time?

Mous and Otterbox are simply expensive cases. I think Sheaths are priced just right. Yes they are amazing quality. No looseness over time at all. Solid high quality cases for a fair price and I prefer less bulk.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrianSoCal and AE14

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
Mous and Otterbox are simply expensive cases. I think Sheaths are priced just right. Yes they are amazing quality. No looseness over time at all. Solid high quality cases for a fair price and I prefer less bulk.
Does it offer good protection? Why are Otterbox and Mous cases so expensive/ For example in the UK Mous cases are £50 whilst the Sheath case cost me £26. It's basically half the price.

sonstar

Suspended
Sep 13, 2021
Does it offer good protection? Why are Otterbox and Mous cases so expensive/ For example in the UK Mous cases are £50 whilst the Sheath case cost me £26. It's basically half the price.
Not like those cases, more for knocks/scratches.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019

Yes it offers good protection without the extra bulk, they are rated up to 6ft of drop protection. I am not clumsy with my devices so for me It works. I don’t need/like bulky cases. But for someone who might be clumsy or absolutely needs the extra protection and doesn’t mind bulky cases then maybe cases such as Mous and OtterBox will satisfy more.

OtterBox and Mous are more expensive cases simply because of the well established name brands, it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re “better” cases. Caudabe is more of a small business type brand and isn’t as well known as major case brands, they are more niche than the well known brand names such as OtterBox. Honestly there are bulky protective cases just as good as OtterBox on Amazon for a fraction of the price simply because they don’t carry the “OtterBox” brand stamp.

Good luck with what you choose, just go with what you feel fits your needs best. I absolutely love Caudabe Sheaths and have had them on my phones for many years and they have just gotten better and better and never fail me. It’s all preference really!

Reactions: BrianSoCal

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
Yes it offers good protection without the extra bulk, they are rated up to 6ft of drop protection. I am not clumsy with my devices so for me It works. I don’t need/like bulky cases. But for someone who might be clumsy or absolutely needs the extra protection and doesn’t mind bulky cases then maybe cases such as Mous and OtterBox will satisfy more.

OtterBox and Mous are more expensive cases simply because of the well established name brands, it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re “better” cases. Caudabe is more of a small business type brand and isn’t as well known as major case brands, they are more niche than the well known brand names such as OtterBox. Honestly there are bulky protective cases just as good as OtterBox on Amazon for a fraction of the price simply because they don’t carry the “OtterBox” brand stamp.

Good luck with what you choose, just go with what you feel fits your needs best. I absolutely love Caudabe Sheaths and have had them on my phones for many years and they have just gotten better and better and never fail me. It’s all preference really!
Thanks
Like I said I have ordered the Caudabe case and will see how it goes. I had the Otterbox Symmertry for my 12 Pro Max. It offered good protection but it was pretty slippery and doesn't have good grip at all, but I just lived with it as it offers good protection. I am not really carless with my phones or hardly drop them (never had a cracked screen). I do have Apple Care Plus so I guess I am covered if I do drop the phone and crack the screen!

Reactions: JBlass421

Numerati

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2021
Orlando, FL
Thanks
Like I said I have ordered the Caudabe case and will see how it goes. I had the Otterbox Symmertry for my 12 Pro Max. It offered good protection but it was pretty slippery and doesn't have good grip at all, but I just lived with it as it offers good protection. I am not really carless with my phones or hardly drop them (never had a cracked screen). I do have Apple Care Plus so I guess I am covered if I do drop the phone and crack the screen!

I would say smartish cases on Amazon could be a good compromise. Not too bulky, great protection and has some caudabe vibe.

Reactions: AE14 and JBlass421

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
Still indecisive on favorite. been switching back and forth between the leather cases and the sheath. Can definitely feel the extra bulk on the sheath this year and the small dust getting trapped between the screen protector and the case can get a bit annoying but i do love the grip. Will probably end up picking up more colors on Black Friday! Lol

I did notice there is basically no give around the charging port Which is nice!

Attachments

• BE438B80-DF58-4B94-8D62-5FCC0E34C7FD.jpeg
    BE438B80-DF58-4B94-8D62-5FCC0E34C7FD.jpeg
    356.4 KB · Views: 217
Reactions: NBKindaGirl

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
Still indecisive on favorite. been switching back and forth between the leather cases and the sheath. Can definitely feel the extra bulk on the sheath this year and the small dust getting trapped between the screen protector and the case can get a bit annoying but i do love the grip. Will probably end up picking up more colors on Black Friday! Lol
What screen protector do you use?

Djadam08

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2019
Shellrus sapphire. Might have to switch back to imos.
I have the same screen protector paired with the same Caudabe case. Do you find the screen protector lifting when you press the volume buttons, causing a bubbling effect? The bubble disappears as soon as you release pressure from the buttons, but my fear is eventually it won't. I love the set up but sadly thinking the edge-to-edge screen protector doesn't work with the sheeth.

golfnut1982

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2014
Chicago, IL

I did notice there is basically no give around the charging port Which is nice!
How is the Apple logo on the back of your case? Is that the Caudabe Magsafe Sheath?

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Looks really cool. Got a link for it? Is it pretty much stuck on there? Also, do you know the weight of that case? You have an iPhone 13 Pro right?

I don’t have that sticker on my case and wouldn’t do that personally. I just know it’s a sticker as he did it as well to one of his apple leather cases. He’ll have to respond for the link as I don’t have an answer to that but I don’t think this is something he bought.

I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max. The case is not heavy at all doesn’t add significant weight to the device if that’s your concern.

Reactions: golfnut1982

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
How is the Apple logo on the back of your case? Is that the Caudabe Magsafe Sheath?

Looks really cool. Got a link for it? Is it pretty much stuck on there? Also, do you know the weight of that case? You have an iPhone 13 Pro right?

Actually I found the sheath doesn’t work very well with the permanent vinyl stickers like the apple leather case due to the bumpy texture. So I used a laser machine We have laying around and etched it into the case, just had to triple check alignment and size. Also did my AirPods since they’re more likely to get returned if there is no way for someone to take your last name off of them haha.

Attachments

• D94AF18F-C12F-4E21-BD1F-36D8B2A7E581.jpeg
    D94AF18F-C12F-4E21-BD1F-36D8B2A7E581.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 99
  • B22CAC59-249F-4B5A-9E25-40995A08C781.jpeg
    B22CAC59-249F-4B5A-9E25-40995A08C781.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 105

golfnut1982

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2014
Chicago, IL
Actually I found the sheath doesn’t work very well with the permanent vinyl stickers like the apple leather case due to the bumpy texture. So I used a laser machine We have laying around and etched it into the case, just had to triple check alignment and size. Also did my AirPods since they’re more likely to get returned if there is no way for someone to take your last name off of them haha.
Do I hear side business??? I bet you would get some takers...

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
Wait, is that red thing a laser etcher?! I want one!

*looks at DYMO label maker with new found disgust*

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
Do I hear side business??? I bet you would get some takers...
Nah I had mentioned it once before and a thread and got attacked by people saying it’s tacky and Goudy and what not lol never again! But I do love the sheath, it’s just too plain for me to not throw a logo or something on there.

Reactions: golfnut1982

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
RMI laser UM-01S-01
Oh man, I'm hoping these are expensive enough to keep me out of trouble... Otherwise there's a significant chance that everyone in the house wakes up to find their shoes branded "left" and "right" and all my pocket change re-enters the world labeled "Analog Kid spent this".

Reactions: Itsedstech
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.