Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

happyfrappy

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2007
Location eh?
Why are you guys trying to tear the kid apart? He's doing something on his own that is proving towards a good work ethic and shows that he can be responsible.

It's actually pretty cool that people send you things and you're able to review them and keep them.

I'm not tearing the kid apart, the FTC and European Union version of the FTC have gone after Mom/father blogs who never disclosed source(s) of reviewing "handouts/giveaway drawings" and several indie tech blogs were also slapped for non-disclosure to the point of Microsoft yanking free Vista/7 laptops from those shills. Hiding the fact when posting reviews will destroy your credibility if you decide to work for a magazine/CNet. (I went on to work for a few magazines and such companies do Google your past work)

How would you like it if a guitar company hands me a guitar every year, hides the public fact of sponsorship and in interviews/forums I brag about the greatness of the guitar(s) from that company. There is a right and there is a wrong, there are companies who exploit others for marketing purposes.

sdilley14

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2007
Mesa, AZ
Why are you guys trying to tear the kid apart? He's doing something on his own that is proving towards a good work ethic and shows that he can be responsible.

It's actually pretty cool that people send you things and you're able to review them and keep them.

Keep it up and forget the haters.

I'm not trying to tear the kid apart. I think what he's doing shows good initiative and I would have loved to have done something like this when I was 16.

However, I rely greatly on thorough, accurate, thoughtful, reasonable reviews to make a lot of my purchases on Amazon. The only thing OP has done is make me question the review system a little bit more than I previously did.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.