Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rever3nce

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
Life is much more enjoyable without Facebook IMO. All people do is complain or fight about nonsense on there. If I want news I go to Twitter.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
I spend less time on the site, but I keep my account open and the app on my iPhone because it's interesting to check in on people you've not been in touch with for a while. So many people I know use it now, it's become a useful tool to stay in touch.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Not really... However the only Facebook I have is a fake one me and my friend made to screw around with people. Doing so is pretty entertaining, so it's hard to get bored :D

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
It's been around that long? I don't think I heard of it until just a few years ago when people started leaving Myspace.

It used to be available only for students at a handful of universities, and it was a semi-useful, semi-interesting way to stay in touch with friends out of town. But it lost its limited appeal to me long ago...

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I imagine like everything else that has ever existed, if you do boring things with it or know boring people, you too will feel bored.

I've got a friend driving through another country at the moment, another who is somewhere in the Amazon (get updates via text messages), another whose "comedy shorts" career just exploded and a guy whose band is taking off, a bunch of others who are going to town on some cosplay outfits for a show next month...

I load up my feed and I'm hooked on just reading.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.