anyone bored with Facebook?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by GD0X, Mar 17, 2012.

1. GD0X Guest

2. simsaladimbamba

Maybe this will put your faith back into FacialBuuk.

3. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

Yeah. It's not really of much use to me except for planning things with friends and talking to those that don't have phones. That's basically the main reason I keep mine.

I always have it up when I'm online, but I'm rarely actually on the page.

4. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

one day soon you will hear people say ... you were into Facebook? ... lol

5. simsaladimbamba

I hope. And I hop.

6. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Too many changes that make it difficult to keep up with.
    Too many different interfaces, apps, touch, mobile web and web to name a few.

I want a very basic interface with all my friends readily visible. I can sort them into groups on my own.

I used to spend a lot of time on Facebook until they started with the recent post and subscribe bs

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

The next Myspace.

8. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I'm not bored with Facebook.

Of course, I have never had an account (or whatever it's called) on Facebook.

In fact, I have never been to the Facebook site.

Perhaps that is why I'm not bored with it!!:D ;)

9. Sideonecincy macrumors 6502

I shut mine down a while ago. Their deactivation process is pretty ridiculous and they just hope that you will log back in.

I know its a tool and its about how you use it but I find twitter to be much more useful. I just don't see why people are "friends" with people you never actually talk to in person.

10. (marc) macrumors 6502a

(marc)

And everybody will claim they weren't on it.

11. kirky29 macrumors 65816

kirky29

I get bored with all the pointless posts & games, but I mainly use it to keep in touch with my American friends and family, it's nice to see pictures of where they are, and they sometimes 'like' pictures of my England. - it's a great place to find out gossip about your next door neighbour or coworker too! ;)

12. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I can't think of one person I know of who doesn't have a cell phone.

I kept mine for about a week. Got bored with people saying that it was time for work and others drunk posting.

Can't wait till the next big thing comes along and FB is the next Myspace. It's only a mater of time till that happens.

13. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I like it but I also curate my friends list. If I don't care about someone or they're just an acquaintance they don't get friended. It's that simple. Most of my friends and family are very active. It also helps greatly to keep in touch with my family in other countries.

[RANT] As far as what I think of the Facebook apps and website? Not impressed at all. A company with that much money ought to be able to afford decent developers. Way too many bugs and they force you into doing things the way they want instead of what you need. [/RANT]

14. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

15. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Actually I use Google+ for the hang outs. From my iPhone I can have a video conference with several different people around the world. Its interesting because the feed will cut to whop ever is talking or moving the most. Like some one will say something funny and its cuts to each person laughing like reaction shots. slick.

But yes I'm a little bored with facebook, but its starting to replace my email for contacting friend and clients, so it may be here to stay.

16. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

He says as he starts a thread in status form.

17. malman89 macrumors 68000

Ever since graduation, my use for it has plummeted significantly. I basically only hop on occasionally in the evenings for the chat feature. Unfortunately a fair share of my friends don't use gchat, which would be much better. On another note, RIP AIM.

18. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Unfortunately for me mine has become less of a "stay in touch with old friends" and more of an open channel of communication for people to constantly post computer questions to me. I get everything from "Can you make me a website" to "Can you make a 3D model of my kids fridge drawing" to "I'm starting a business can you make me some cool graphics for it?" and of course "What computer should I buy?" and lastly "I have a great idea for an iPhone game...will you make it for me and we split the money?"

The above were all real things I've been asked about multiple times. I start to wonder why I keep facebook around :/

19. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Bored with Facebook? Maybe your (OP) expectations are exaggerated? I don't really consider Facebook a place to hang out, but mostly to touch base with relatives and friends. What's to get bored about?

20. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I used to use AIM to communicate but everyone migrated to Facebook so if you want to talk to anyone you are forced to use it.

21. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Bored? Sure I guess.

But I'm not deleting it and losing contact with all my friends.

22. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I use it to keep in touch with people I won't be able to, uni friends, professionals etc, I find it's great for that, I guess if you don't surround yourself with friends that you find interesting, you'll get bored.

Have you tried deleting the mundane friends you have?

23. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Aren't you describing MacRumors?:)

24. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

25. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

Not bored just using it less than I used to, although I don't need to be active to much as my friends are more than willing with filling up my newsfeed.