Anyone bought a case from Ultra Case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by kailess, Jun 12, 2009.

1. kailess macrumors member

I'm tempted by the beguiling and beautiful cases, but I can't find any reviews anywhere.

Ultra Cases Website

Anyone had any experience with them? I'd love to hear about the service and the case quality.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

I have thought about ordering

looking at the Shining blue or red

3. V4705 macrumors 6502

4. kailess thread starter macrumors member

5. onebuddah macrumors newbie

taking one for the team :)

i am taking one for the team (hoping those wont be one of those "famous last words" scenarios)

just ordered the mono series thin case in black and screen shields for my 3gs which im waiting for in the mail(tracking info said it will be here on tuesday).....hopefully the case arrives same time as phone...dont really want to take phone out to the real world naked....the company is based somewhere in the euros and they only accept paypal(from looking around i heard the company is really doing well in the euros)....so when it arrives i will leave my reviews

6. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

I ordered the white one and shining red. I'll try and remember to come back to this post when they come in. :D

What I really like is that the Apple logo will still show. I think that's pretty neat. :)

7. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

Does the logo show through or is the logo part of the case? I'm anxious to hear some feedback as I wouldn't mind picking up one of these cases.

8. hintolime macrumors newbie

I've been toying with buying an ultra case, but the thing that worries me is that they're snap on cases & don't seem to give much protection to the front edges of the phone. Anyone have experience with the snap on cases? I currently have an incase slider case and it protects the edges around the face very nicely. The ultra cases are much cooler looking, but I'm not sure that I want to sacrifice protection for appearance.

9. onebuddah macrumors newbie

Sacrifices....

That's the sacrifices you have to take with snap on cases, it exposes the shiny bevel but it looks better that way, I hate cases that hides the beauty of the bevel, minimal design...I like it....just don't forget to put a protective film on...that coupled with the snap on case should provide protection all around, minus the shiny bevel....sacrifices :)

10. V4705 macrumors 6502

you aren't sacrifice alot cuz the incase slider don't have much shock absorbing so the difference isn't too big.

anyway i recommend you to buy only cases with silicone\gummy rails\lining to avoid scratching your phone's back.

11. meagain macrumors 68030

I want the Curve. Badly. I also like the blue Viper for the color mostly. Also the gold/yellow Reptile.

I cannot find the Curve on Ebay unfortunately so I think I'm stuck paying Ultra-Case's higher price. I'm just hopeing they fit over a skin. Anyone know?

12. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

I have ordered from Ultra-Case and from Ebay sellers. They all appear to be the same cases.

For $20, you get a flashy web site and nicer packaging (Ultra). Ebay China sellers, however, are much less expensive. Both come from China (there are some US Ebay sellers, but more expensive).

I got several from China Ebay sellers for $4 (average).

If you are in a hurry, get them from Ebay US sellers, or spend a lot of money at the Apple store for the SPB. China sellers (includes Ultra-Case) take almost 2 weeks!

I like these snap-ons. The thin ones fit in the Seidio Innocase holster, but not the thicker leather ones. For these, I use a side leather holster.

13. meagain macrumors 68030

I just paid the big bucks for the Curve at Ultra-case. I searched all over Ebay for it and came up with nothing. But I did buy the Blue Viper case on Ebay for $4.99 plus free ship. :) I'm good with a longer wait from China.
    Now I'm on the hunt for a yellow/gold Reptile type. Can't find that on Ebay either.

This plus my $5 Incipio Feather from AT&T and my skins - I should be good to go.

14. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I ordered 2 pink cases from them on the 16th and have yet to receive them. I did contact them and they were quite prompt responding to me, saying that they'd been shipped out on the 19th (why it took 3 days to get them in the mail, I have no idea), and that there was no tracking info to be had :confused: . I'm hoping they show up in the mail today; if they do, I'll post my opinion of 'em tonight.

15. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Agreed, which I unfortunately just found out the hard way. The pics on the site make it look as though the Apple logo on the back is actually part of the case, but it's a cutout (and one that doesn't line up properly with the logo on the back of the iPhone!) and, IMO, they just look kinda cheap and flimsy and like they'd shatter in a heartbeat if you dropped your phone. I realize they're not designed to cushion impact or anything like that, but I'm afraid that a drop would damage both case and phone.

Argh. I'm hoping they'll accept a return. SO pissed I just spent $40 on something that I could've gotten for about 1/3 that amount (or less).

16. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

Anyone who ordered from Ultra, (NOT the eBay cases) can you please tell me how the item was packaged? I am looking at bringing them on for a retail store (again, eBay not really relevant, since they seem to have quite a few cases not available on eBay) but am wondering what the packaging looks like.

Thanks.

17. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

I just got two cases from them in the mail, the white and the shining red, and honestly I'm really disappointed. Can't believe this cost me $40. They're charging $19.99 each for this case which looks like it should be half that. The plastic doesn't feel high quality at all, has some flash, and the cutout for the Apple logo on the back is not quite perfectly lined up either. As far as the packaging, each cover came in a really cheap flimsy clear plastic bag, and both were in a generic "ultra-case" branded cardboard box for protection. Bottom line though, the quality is not worth what they're charging, and I'm going to attempt to ask for a refund and return them. I'm sticking with my collection of incase Sliders, I love those things and have had no issues with 'em.

18. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

They'll accept returns, but you have to pay return shipping. That was the response I got from them the other day after experiencing the same disappointment you did. The cases looked really awesome on the site and in person, they look like something from the clearance rack of a mall kiosk. Grrrrr.

19. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

THESE are way cheaper than the Ultra Case and actually have the same Apple Logo and iPhone printing on the back as the 3GS iPhone...not really for protection but they look great :D

20. CarlyLyon macrumors member

never had a problem with the ultra cases i personally like the incase brands pretty durable and reliable

21. majikp3 macrumors newbie

Ultra-Case iPhone Covers

Caveat Emptor!!
    I purchased the "TwoPiece" iPhone cover for $27 and what a WASTE of money! You have no idea how furious I am about the crap quality of this product!
    "Lightweight Polycarbon provides complete protection..." WHATEVER! My iPhone fell off my coffee table on to the floor (distance of less than 2 feet) and I have very plush carpeting, so it had a soft landing and a piece actually chipped right off the cover. This was within 2 weeks of delivery.

My roomate purchased the "Shining" series for his iPhone at the same time and we could not believe the thin piece of plastic that was shipped! I wouldn't be crabbing so much if I paid $10 but for the price we paid, I expect MUCH better quality!

22. Luthifer macrumors newbie

Did you get the cases and screen protectors( I'm really concerned about the screen protectors. I ordered a black curve case and the 3x crystal screen protectors and I was wondering if those were any good

23. serialtoon macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

I hate how they look like Aluminum but are actually ****** plastic. Does anyone know of a place that sells some rugged metal,aluminum type cases? Im looking for something like a Incipio Feather, but aluminum (or Superman like STEEL)

24. GetZwole macrumors newbie

Im thinking about ordering the doe skin one. It actually has a soft red felt like lining inside so it wont scratch. Plus i think the black one looks pretty sharp.

25. atwell macrumors newbie

Doeskin was one of the few that I thought actually looked good. I may order the blue one. I think the case doesn't cover any of the front of the phone or the bezel, so if you dropped it face down it's still unprotected. As of now I have been using an iPod case made from silicone, best one so far for me.