Anyone bought iPad 2 after launch day (upstate ny)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ansabakhan, Mar 13, 2011.

1. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

I m in Albany ny area any where within 200 miles I called they don't have iPad 2 in stock or any idea when try will get it .. Wanted to know if some one got lucky getting there iPad 2 after launch day???

2. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

I'm near Syracuse but I'm facing tge same problem you are

3. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

If you're willing to drive down to Erie PA for one I walked in 15 minutes before closing on March 11 and they had a huge stack of them on the counter in the Geeks area and only two people looking at one in the Apple area. I just walked up, asked for one, paid for it and left. In and out in about 5 minutes. I don't know how many specifically they had of any particular model but it was a very large number in multiple stacks (assuming each stack was a different model).

4. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

thanks for the tip but thats approx 7 hours drive for me ! ... some thing around upstate ny any one?

5. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

Found one

I went to the carousel mall in syracuse today looking at the apple store for the iPad 2. Of course they didn't have any, but suggested I try the third party retailers. First place I went was the best buy in the same mall. They had just gotten a shipment in according to what I was told.

They only had 4 left, and they were all 64gb AT&T black models. I didn't quite want or need that much storage, and I was more looking for a wifi model, so I left the store and called all the local wal marts and targets trying out my luck.

Of course none of those stores had any stock. I ended up going back to best buy and picking up their last iPad 2-- good thing I didnt wait any longer :D

6. alan111 macrumors regular

I think it's safe to say that it will be close to impossible to get an ipad 2 in nyc anytime soon. there are tons of people who dont work and are willing to stand outside apple stores all day long to grab an ipad 2 (i would too but unfortunately cannot).

7. jrwalco macrumors newbie

Carousel Mall, Syracuse

None currently available this morning at Carousel in Syracuse. Salesperson didn't know if more would arrive today. Any incoming stock will be sold immediately, not held until the next morning.

See post #175 on another thread here.

8. jrwalco macrumors newbie

Carousel Mall, Syracuse

Any other reports from upstate NY?

The Carousel Apple Store in Syracuse will again open tomorrow at 9am for iPad sales. See longer post here.

9. globex macrumors newbie

No ATT models in Syracuse?

Lined up at Carousel in Syracuse Wednesday morning - about 50 ipads were distributed, supposedly all Wifi or Verizon based on a later conversation with a store employee. Lining up at 8am for the 9am open got us offered the choice of 3 remaining Verizon models.

North Syracuse Target had a 64gb black in stock at 10am, and the other target on west genesee had a wifi only model as well. Chatting to the employees - they mentioned the next week's Target flyer will feature the iPad 2 and they are expecting to have lots available on Sunday (19th). They said they're only going to have the Wifi models.

Talking to an ATT store rep - they said no NY State ATT stores had any 3G ipads and likely wouldn't for a couple weeks.

Walmart was a complete bust, most in the Syracuse area didn't have any in yet or just a handful at the opening on mar 11 and nothing since.

Anyone in Syracuse getting ATT models?

10. jrwalco macrumors newbie

AT&T in Syracuse

Interesting.

I'm in Syracuse, looking for a AT&T model. My husband called the Bridge Street AT&T store this morning, and the rep he talked to indicated that they were expecting to receive some "this week". I'll report back if we learn if/when they have incoming stock.

I haven't yet braved a morning line at Carousel because of the general forum news about lack of AT&T models. I'm pretty dead-set on AT&T so I don't want to stand in line for nothing.

I'm on waiting list at the SU Bookstore (I work on campus) but the Apple rep doesn't know what his next shipment will contain.

11. vkramer macrumors regular

Buffalo, NY here ( Walden Galleria Sold Out) - Called Apple store disgruntled apple employee told me that there might be a shipment tomorrow. He said he couldnt really disclose that to me, but if hypothetically there was a shipment the mob of people waiting in line before the store opens would buy them instantly.

12. chrisfromalbany macrumors 6502

haven't seen anything available of late in Albany, NY

13. gordita macrumors member

please don't forget good ol' rochester
    any info about stock at Apple Eastview or any of the BB locations?

14. jrwalco macrumors newbie

Update - AT&T in Syracuse

Update to my post yesterday -

My husband called the Bridge Street AT&T store late yesterday afternoon. The sales associate he spoke with indicated that they were not expecting iPad 2s for a while - definitely not "this week" as a different rep had indicated earlier in the day.

I didn't even bother calling the Carousel Apple Store yesterday or today.

I had my hopes on the bookstore at the university at which I work - but their soonest shipment, originally expected to ship yesterday, has been pushed back by Apple to the beginning of April.

I'm out of town tomorrow and Sunday so I might try the Carousel morning lineup the last weekend of March, if it seems like AT&T models are more available than they are now.

Good luck, everyone!

15. aloys24 macrumors newbie

I'm also looking in Syracuse. I have a bunch of bestbuy gift cards and reward zone certificates so I reserved a black 32gb wifi at carousel but I went there today and asked if they had even received any shipments in this week and they were all clueless as to what was going on. When I put my $100 down I was told I was very close to the top of the list for the black 32gb wifi so hopefully I will get a call soon.

I've started looking at the Target inventory's with no luck but maybe that will change this weekend!

If anyone has any luck either with Target or local bestbuy revervations please update this thread!

16. daschmo12 macrumors newbie

Yes there are still plenty here in Upstate NY!!

I was able to purchase 2 today. One for myself and one for my dad. Boy is he happy!

Keep searching because they are out there. I bought the two at Target in Webster. When I walked in today they had 5 sitting there in the case. Now they were all 16 gb Verizon but still I haven't seen that many since launch day!!

I calmly asked the employee for two and he said sure. Purchased them and walked right out the door :)

My best advice is to use the Target inventory system and check SEVERAL times throughout the day. I checked all models 5 times during the day before I finally found one.

Best of luck!

17. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

congrats! i guess i have not seen any one getting at&t ipad 2 any where upstate after launch day ...

18. daschmo12 macrumors newbie

There seems to be quite the supply in Rochester. I called the Apple Eastview store every day last week to get updates :)

Sure enough Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday they all got various shipments in. Now I wasn't able to get any of them but still it's a good sign! There is a supply somewhere..

19. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

Rochester got supple only early morning like other apple stores right? or did they had it available all day long?

20. diacritic macrumors regular

Walked into a target in Buffalo today and picket up a white 64GB Wifi. It was the only one and the guy at the register was kind of shocked it was there.

21. thecellar macrumors regular

Crossgates in Albany, had as shipment in yesterday...i got there at 10, they opened up early, so they were gone when i got there....Apple rep said try again tuesday?

22. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

I got an iPad from the Eastview store yesterday. I got there at 5:45 AM and there were already 9 people in front of me. By 8 AM, the line was probably something like 50-60+ people. They came out and handed out tickets to the first 15 or so people and told everyone else sorry, but that was it.

Most of the stock was 64 gig wifi white, there were some 32 gig wifi white and black, and no 16 gigs at all, no 3G models at all.

23. ajsla macrumors newbie

Where did the line start?

Hi.
    Where did the line start - outside of the entrance near the Pottery Barn or another entrance? Also, were they allowing you to buy 2 each?

Thanks!

24. Staindsoul macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

Hopefully the Asian gangs from NYC dont make their way up your way and buy them all up

25. Steve2357 macrumors newbie

Macconnection Orders

I ordered a black 16 g from Macconnection on 3/13. Has anyone received
    their order or a shipping notice? I was told it would ship in two weeks. I live
    in California and have bought many Apple products from them. They offer
    free shipping and no sales tax.