anyone buying any iPad2 they can find at this point"

Discussion in 'iPad' started by triplecore1, Mar 18, 2011.

1. triplecore1 macrumors member

After making many attempts I have given up on finding a 64gb Black AT&T; so I think I will just get whatever they have including a white 16gb wifi. Total opposite of what i want. I placed an order online that wont ship till April 24! anyways I am just wondering if anyone else is going to just give up on there specific model and buying whatever apple has that day they decide to stand in line?

Btw anyone knows what the depreciation of used iPad2 looks like? eBay only has new ones and there are still shortages so the prices are inflated. I hope by April 24 I wont be losing to much $$$.

2. Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

I refuse to buy anything except the white 32GB WiFi. I'm not going to settle for less on a device this expensive and one that I will likely use everyday for the next year. :cool:

3. schmoopy.design macrumors regular

I bought a 32GB Black wifi this week because it's the only one I could find. I'm #11 on the wait list for a 32GB White wifi (the one I really want). Let me tell you, staring at this unopened black iPad 2 is killing me. I'm wondering if I should just crack and embrace the black option.

4. Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

Why did you buy it if you haven't even opened it?

5. ohla313 macrumors 6502a

ohla313

you can just open it and play with it for a bit. Apple doesn't charge a restocking fee anymore.

6. schmoopy.design macrumors regular

Well I got it at Target so I'm not sure how they handle opened items. Ideally I would like to locate a 32GB White at Target and just exchange it.

I bought it just in case I get confirmation that I won't get mine from the campus Apple store for like 5 weeks. At that point I would probably just go with the iPad in hand.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I wouldn't buy anything other than I what I want.

8. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

Thankfully when I went to the Apple store on launch day I wanted either a AT&T or Verizon 32GB iPad 2 in either black or white. I got the last 32 GB Black AT&T iPad 2 they had so I was lucky to get my first choice but it's good to have backup choices. None of my four choices were settle choices, I genuinely didn't care which of those four I got.

9. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Nope, the farthest I'll compromise is any size black ATT model. I don't understand how people can be so utterly desperate for just a gadget. In a week or 2 everyone will have one and then you will regret not getting what you want for the rest of the year.

10. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

This!

It's crazy to me to spend between $500-$830 on just any one I can find. I want a white, 64 GB 3G and I'm not settling for anything else. The only thing I will settle on is the data service, be it Verizon or AT&T (doesn't really matter to me). Other than that, I will just remain patient until the one I really want is available.

11. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

Not interested in anything more expensive than the 16GB wifi, but at this point I'm starting to feel flexible on black vs white. I want black, and I have heard people say the white is cheaper-looking, plus my main concern with white is yellowing over time like my old Apple keyboard - but iMacs don't seem to have that problem as badly, do they? So at this point color might be a silly thing for me to be picky about. Though I'd rather see a white one in person before committing to buying it. Maybe I'll swing by my apple store today to see if they at least have floor models to check out.

12. triplecore1 thread starter macrumors member

I plan on putting the one I got on eBay when my 64gb ATT black comes in the mail from apple or best buy pre order. I guess I am the only one just decided to get any old iPad. Guess im to desperate or have no patience.

13. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I need 3g on my iPad so that is mandatory

But outside of that, I would take any iPad, regardless of color and/or Gb size.

My current iPad 1 is a 64gb, 3g version but that is only b/c it was the only one left when I got it

14. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Why be so hasty? Don't convince yourself to like something if you don't. Best go with something you'll be happy with especially if you plan to use it everyday.

15. DaveF macrumors 6502a

I could have bought an iPad 2 I didn't want on launch day. BestBuy had plenty of wifi models. Verizon had a number of white models left.

But I want a black, 16GB, Verizon iPad 2. So I'm waiting. :)

16. gigaguy macrumors 65816

Yes, I got a 16g black wifi from the B&H Photo Sunday sale. but really wanted an ATT model.
    !but! today I acquired a 32gb ATT from an individual! price was okay, I made up the cost with the sale of the 16g wifi today too.
    now to sell my 32g ipad1 3G and I'll be done with the madness.

17. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

I wanted 32GB WiFi in White but they were out and I grabbed a 3G 32GB White instead.

Not really a big deal.. i'm not upset about it lol.

18. tomman, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011

tomman macrumors newbie

I want a 64GB Black AT&T model but after waiting in line 3 times with no results I was finally able to get 2 White 16GB WiFi-only models. I'll definitely keep one for myself at least until my backordered 1st choice is received (end of April, I'm told). As for the 2nd one I got, dibs go to
    1) Wife if she wants it <----Update: She doesn't
    2) Apple fan friends if they want it for my cost <----Update: They don't
    3) Forum/eBay member with positive feedback, (via Paypal) which will get me some $ to offset my trouble in getting it.

19. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

I really wanted a white iPad 16gb wifi,but ended up with black. It's not a huge deal and I did preorder a white version at BB so when it comes in I might get it and return the black one back to apple store assuming it's within 14 days.

20. am476 macrumors newbie

Yes. I woke up at 4 in the morning and got to the Apple Store at a little after 6. At that point, there were already people on line and I waited another 3 hours for the store to open. At 8:45, they finally came out and said that they only had 16 and 32 GB black iPads in their shipment. I intended on buying a 64 GB white iPad. However, with all that effort, I had to buy what they had.

I'm quite satisfied with what I got, though. If in a week or two, the situation changes and I really can't live without the white 64 GB one, then I'll return this one and buy the upgrade.

21. rondz macrumors regular

rondz

I think it's safe to say that I'm in that current situation, failed many times already but not going to quit looking. I really want a Apple iPad 2 (White) WiFi + AT&T 3G ASAP but if I happen to find any in-stock inventory within the radius of my location then I will probably buy whatever is out there to offer a trade to someone with the version I want because I'm sure a lot of other people that have waited in lines and got versions that they don't want too. I just can't believe how bad the shortage is at this point. I have one pre-ordered at BB and BHPV but if I find one sooner than they are getting canceled.

22. shinerburke macrumors newbie

shinerburke

You know what they say.....once you go black, you never go back.

23. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

White

Pretty much anything in WHITE though for cost reasons I would like to avoid the 64GB models. But 16, 32, WiFi, Verizon or AT&T its all good.

24. tracerhawk macrumors member

tracerhawk

Funny, I just bought a Black, 16gb Verizon iPad 2 this morning from the Apple store after waiting in line. It definitely wasn't the one I wanted though, but they ran out quick (again!). I really want a Black, 32gb, wifi only one. I put an order in from B&H 4 days ago, but who knows how long till they get the model in that I want.

I'm probably just going to sell this one I think and wait it out for the one I truly want. Haven't even opened this one, its still in the shrink wrap. I hope I can sell it quick before I just say screw it and open the box! :)

25. kevjen888 macrumors 6502

not to that point yet, but definitely widen my choices. anything less than 64G with either 3G carrier i would take it.