Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaveF

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2007
NoVA
Funny, I just bought a Black, 16gb Verizon iPad 2 this morning from the Apple store after waiting in line. It definitely wasn't the one I wanted though, but they ran out quick (again!). I really want a Black, 32gb, wifi only one. I put an order in from B&H 4 days ago, but who knows how long till they get the model in that I want.

I'm probably just going to sell this one I think and wait it out for the one I truly want. Haven't even opened this one, its still in the shrink wrap. I hope I can sell it quick before I just say screw it and open the box! :)

You could return it to the Apple store for a refund. Unless you're hoping for a profit.

I gave the launch about two hours of line waiting and chasing after stores; an amusing if futile Friday evening :) But I don't have time to wait in further lines during weekdays in hopes of finding an iPad 2. I've got it ordered online from Apple and Verizon. I'll keep whichever shows up first. (Actually, I tried to cancel the Verizon order, but they told me it's not possible and I have to refuse shipment when it arrives.)

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
Wanted black but all they had was white in the config I wanted (64 gig wifi only) so I decided to get it. I'm starting to like the decision, too.

apple.pseudofan

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2010
I landed the original one I wanted (though I had opened up myself to wifi only, either color, 16 or 32 gig). Walked into the San Luis Obispo Apple store yesterday after a 2.5 hour drive and got the last iPad they had. 16 gig black wifi.

Fairly satisfying after numerous strikeouts where I live at the third party retailers.

Josh125

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2008
Katy, TX
I'm holding out for a 16Gb black 3G however don't really care if it's VZ or ATT as I won't be leaving the country with it.

I'm stood in line a few times this week and came close yesterday, but so far no dice. I'll either pick one up for a slight mark up or just wait, I'm really in no rush at this point.

jwilliamsaxa

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2011
Went to the Apple Store at Partridge Creek in Clinton Township, MI at 4:45am this morning (Saturday). Two people were ahead of me and got there at 3:30am. By the time the doors opened at 9am there were at least 50 people behind me and the guy comes out of the store and says they only have about 12 total ipads (32GB White WiFi and 64GB Verizon). The 32GB is the one I wanted so got in and out quick and am a happy camper. Lots of unhappy folks left after standing around in subzero weather for several hours.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.