Anyone curious about the box?

Redrum509

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
I wonder what the box will show for the ipad 3? Ipad 1 was a full front view of the ipad. Ipad 2 was a ipad 2 floating at a angle. Wonder how they will show the ipad 3? What would you like to see?

Redrum509

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
Yea I'm curious to see what it will look like. Anyone have any ideas?

Lukeyy19

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
England, UK
I think the side on iPad 2 image was to show how thin it is, so whatever they decide is the defining feature will be the highlight this time I guess. Probably the display.

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
I was wondering this too. There aren't too many different ways to show the product, they definitely won't go back to it being straight on. I think still at an angle but showing off more of the screen. Maybe like the iPhone box.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
I'm more curious about when the earliest is I can get my grubby hands on one.

SteveAbootman

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2008
I get it... unboxing an Apple product is a neat thing.

But I'm more curious about what's in the box, than on it. That's why we love the unboxing - you know the product you're opening is going to be worth every penny.

Redrum509

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
No, not OCD, just something different from the usual tedious questions about the next iPad.
Exactly thanks. I was just curious and thinking about it like many others are. You can only have so many where,when,what size ipad threads you know?:cool:

maclook

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
I'm still surprised by how they can package the iPad in a box that's the same size of the iPad. They only have the tiny paper walls of the box protecting it from any damage. I've never seen or heard of unopened iPads being damaged though.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
I'm still surprised by how they can package the iPad in a box that's the same size of the iPad. They only have the tiny paper walls of the box protecting it from any damage. I've never seen or heard of unopened iPads being damaged though.
How would it be damaged? It fits snugly in the box and is packed tightly in shipments with other iPads. It's not like it gets thrown around.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
The same way any box gets damaged. You've never seen a box with a dent in it?
I have, but it's very unusual to see in shipments straight from a large manufacturer because they tend to account for this before shipping. You were wondering why there aren't more unopened iPads that were damaged.

Emoo

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2010
Texas
I don't really like the angle shot on the large side of the box. It looks like too much white space to me., so I hope that they have the face on shot on it. /shrug

Really though, I absolutely love their packaging and boxes. Those things are sturdy as hell, excellent for storing and organizing tiny things after you have the device out.

Redrum509

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
I don't really like the angle shot on the large side of the box. It looks like too much white space to me., so I hope that they have the face on shot on it. /shrug

Really though, I absolutely love their packaging and boxes. Those things are sturdy as hell, excellent for storing and organizing tiny things after you have the device out.
Yea the packaging is top notch. I even have a few apple product boxes on display in my entertainment room.

GoGa

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2012
I really loved the 3G/3GS box, where the the phone was lifted above the main box and the home button was curved in.

I always thought that was awesome :)

Redrum509

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
I was wondering this too. There aren't too many different ways to show the product, they definitely won't go back to it being straight on. I think still at an angle but showing off more of the screen. Maybe like the iPhone box.

Something like that would look nice. Maybe alittle more angled to really show the display quality.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Remember when Apple packaging was amazing? :(

Unboxing my first iPod in that cube box...My Macbook Pro from that black box, the polystyrene cover adding a few more moments of mystique before you got to the machine itself...

Yes I know how lame I sound, and I get why Apple don't dress up their boxes anymore :p

Still....