Anyone dropped their iPhone 6+ already?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Falcon80, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Falcon80 macrumors 6502

I am a first time large screen phone user. Dropped mine on the very first day. Ouch. :(

2. Gmcube macrumors regular

Didn't for the first week, then it finally happened. It was just a kitchen floor though, and only from about a foot. No noticeable nicks or anything. I've since dropped it two more times, but just on carpet. (Do those even count?)

I'm generally not a dropper, but its bound to happen.

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I haven't yet, but I made the HUGE mistake of letting someone else drop my 6 Plus. We were in a touristy place and they insisted on taking a picture of me there using my phone so I'd have a selfie to post (they had good intentions, and even though I didn't want the picture, I didn't want to be rude and say no).

She's a Galaxy S3 user and her reason previously for not getting an iPhone was the screen was too small, and was commenting about how nice and big the 6+ screen is, so I ASSUMED she'd know how to deal with a big phone. Wrong.

I pose, she lines up the shot, and as her thumb moves to press the button, her hands slip and I see my phone fall. "Whoops!"

Had to grit my teeth and act calm as she picks it up and I walk back over to inspect the damage. Butterfingers was extremely apologetic. Thankfully, it was on grass and moist soil, so the corner got a bit muddy but it cleaned right off. No scratches. Whew.

Between that and to co-worker who insisted on putting my phone in his pocket, naked, WITH HIS KEYS JINGLING ALL OVER IT, I don't care about being rude anymore.

4. HerdJC macrumors member

HerdJC

I dropped it for the first time this past Saturday at a tailgate. Dropped from my pocket face down on gravel. Luckily, I had put on a tech armor glass screen protector. It shattered the screen protector, but the screen was perfectly intact. I then dropped the phone again this morning getting into my truck, but thankfully it landed on the side of the case and just scratched the case up. I'm usually good at never dropping my phone although Saturday's incident may have been caused by a little too much to drink :p

5. Falcon80 thread starter macrumors 6502

Unfortunately for myself, my iPhone case arrived a day after my iPhone thus the drop on the first day caused a scratch on the side of my phone. But i guess i can live with that.

6. DillonCawthon macrumors newbie

Haha I usually don't drop my phones much but the first weekend I had it I dropped it twice. I've dropped it sense too but everyone it's been in a case so no damage.

7. Falcon80 thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess there needs to be some getting used to properly grip the new phone.

8. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Dropped my iPhone 6+ with Apple Leather Case on concrete - case little banged up.

9. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

I had a coworker that dropped his 6+ and it suffered nasty damage. Luckily his Apple Care covered it and he got a new phone no questions asked.

10. Falcon80 thread starter macrumors 6502

He is really lucky.. The Apple Care is really useful. Everyone should get one. :)

11. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

Agreed he was lucky. I don't have AppleCare but perhaps I should reconsider.

12. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Dropped it then caught it in my other hand...very close call and I am glad I bought apple care +

13. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

What is a "proper grip? " :)

14. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Oh man that would of pissed me off beyond believe, this is why I dont really ever let people handle my phone ever haha...i make sure that they dont ever have a need to use my phone, i just get nervous when someone holds it lmao...espcially since I am caseless

15. Falcon80 thread starter macrumors 6502

The only reason I may not want Apple Care might be if I plan to sell it within a year for the next gen iPhone. That's what I did with my previous iPhone 5S. However, for this phone, I foresee myself using it for 2 years. :p

----------

I am still trying to figure out how to best use this phone with one hand. I know I am asking for trouble. :D

16. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Not yet but I did freak my husband out by taking pics while inside the Hyatt Embarcadero from the highest guest room floor down into the atrium. It being the tallest atrium in a hotel... anywhere I think?

Well... yeah. It's pretty far down. Hehehe.

If I'd dropped it, I would've cried, but I couldn't resist. :)

17. Falcon80 thread starter macrumors 6502

That is very brave of you to do that. :D

18. LWP777 Suspended

My friend had his 6+ for 28 hours before he dropped it and this happened:

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

19. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Well, I had a grip strong enough to bend it. ;)

I kid. I kid. I scared myself. I only did it once.

----------

Ouch. AppleCare+?

20. LWP777 Suspended

Nope! Nothing!

21. LFCYNWA macrumors regular

bound to happen. I've dropped mine, in the silicone case no damage.

It's just like cycling when you clip in for the first time,everyone falls.

22. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

I've a 6+ and I love how it feels on the hands without the Apple leather case. But it's really slippery and so hard for me not to drop it if I don't support the bottom by my pinky.

23. Zwhaler macrumors 604

Zwhaler

That line made me Lol!

24. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

He might be able to take it back to Apple anyway. Sometimes they can be forgiving.

25. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

That is painful to consider. There's always screen replacement, I suppose.