Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

humpbacktwale

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 20, 2019
The log seems to be generated about 15 minutes after I plug in my phone to charge, and has been consistently happening since i've updated. Just wanted to see if this was only me or if this is just something that is occurring now due to an update. You can find them under privacy> analytics data if you've never looked before.

Reactions: mischap

mischap

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2022
Heya, thanks for posting! I am a frequent visitor to the analytics data and did notice that it has been occurring on my phone and ipad since the update. I have very limited experience/knowledge with the mean so I was a bit relieved to see your post...

humpbacktwale

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 20, 2019
No problem. I take it it's happening in the same manner as yours? Once every few charge cycles? Maybe accompanied by a jetsam event around the same time?

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Log of a file system (APFS) task that needed to exceed the power limits. That is the reason it happens after you plug in the iPhone. Generally they are more obvious, ie PhotoAnalysis or something like that. Post the log here (remove personal data if there is any) for more information.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Log of a file system (APFS) task that needed to exceed the power limits. That is the reason it happens after you plug in the iPhone. Generally they are more obvious, ie PhotoAnalysis or something like that. You'll get them until its done. Post the log here (remove personal data if there is any) for more information.

humpbacktwale

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 20, 2019
I found this reddit post where they have all the log. I think signpost reporter appeared in my apfs_iosd logs a few times. Usually its been logd at the bottom.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Surprising. Not even the analytics 90 day ones that seem to generate after updates?

I get the daily full boat of Analytics... and others. It is the apfs... that I do not get.
15.4b4.Analytics.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.