Anyone else bumming about non-phone announcement?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dadoftwogirls, Jun 6, 2011.

1. dadoftwogirls macrumors 6502

dadoftwogirls

Was really hoping to hear something about a phone hardware update. Anyone else bumming?

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

they made it clear there would be no hardware updates..

3. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

And gave us a definite release for the next iPhone - Fall of this year.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

True. If you are bummed, then you weren't paying attention.

5. bailorg macrumors member

bailorg

They also do have the occasional total surprise. As someone who is currently using a 3G, I was holding out hope for at least a price cut on the now nearly year old iPhone 4.

6. gigemzach macrumors 6502

I am. I was hoping we would at least get a glimpse. Isn't the iPhone usually released in July? Shouldn't we be hearing something soon?

7. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

No because iOS 5 won't be released until fall. That is when a new iPhone is supposedly coming out. In other words, I'm not going to be running iOS 5 on my 3GS.

8. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

9. terraphantm macrumors 68040

even though I kinda knew it wouldn't be announced, I was hoping that Apple would surprise us. Oh well

10. pyro008 macrumors 6502

No, they did not. And FYI "fall" is mid September to mid December, so even if they had announced the phone for fall, its far from a definite release date.
    Yeah, its pretty dumb.

11. dadoftwogirls thread starter macrumors 6502

dadoftwogirls

Really? I was paying attention. Just hopeful. There was a lot of speculation from pretty good sources that there might be an iPhone announcement. I believe even WSJ analyst thought we might hear something today. This is MacRumors so it's ok to speculate, right? I do know this, I have bought each new iPhone in succession, the last two being in June. So to think it was clear cut they wouldn't announce a phone just means you don't know how Apple has operated up until now. It will be the first time since the original release that it will be more than a calendar year between hardware offerings.