Anyone else buying from Best Buy this sunday?

Sean Dempsey

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
I hope to get my wife a phone first thing Sunday morning. The next closest place is 2 hours away so we're pretty excited.

Auzburner

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2008
Syracuse, NY - USA
I guess it's useful to anyone not anywhere near an AT&T or Apple store, but otherwise I don't see how they are going to attract a big crowd. For whatever reason I'm sure they will... Somehow... I mean it is Best Buy. They can make something out of nothing.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Austin, TX
I guess it's useful to anyone not anywhere near an AT&T or Apple store, but otherwise I don't see how they are going to attract a big crowd. For whatever reason I'm sure they will... Somehow... I mean it is Best Buy. They can make something out of nothing.
I would definitely prefer BB of those 3. I don't like going to the Apple store, and at&t can never get anything right. BB it is then.

plchung

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2008
Which version of iphone software do you think Best Buy will have? 2.1, 2.02, or 2.01 ?

Sean Dempsey

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
It's just a big deal here because anyone who wants an iPhone or anything apple/ATT, you have to drive to Las Vegas. All of our ATT stores are 3rd party resellers.

daihard

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2008
Seattle, WA
It's just a big deal here because anyone who wants an iPhone or anything apple/ATT, you have to drive to Las Vegas. All of our ATT stores are 3rd party resellers.
Will you be able to have your iPhone activated at Best Buy? I hope so... otherwise you'd end up driving all the way to Vegas anyway. :apple:

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
If I didn't already have my two iPhones, I would have chosen BestBuy over Apple just for the connivence. I have five Apple stores all about thirty minutes away in my area and a BestBuy ten minutes away. I bought my iMac and my 23" ACD there as well. I would have also ordered my Mac Pro online if I could have had it sooner but it was a weekend so I went to the Apple store and bought it.

Anyways, good luck with the phone on Sunday! Nothing wrong with buying it there.

Nicolecat

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2008
Oh, wow...I didn't even realize Best Buy was getting their paws in on it too. :rolleyes:
Suppose, it makes sense.

Blonde moment. :D

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Austin, TX
Best Buy has the best customer service among AT&T and Apple...NOT! Try worst.
At least BB takes returns with no restocking charge, and usually with no argument. Apple and AT&T can't touch that. And I get 1% back on everything that I buy at BB, plus I get discount coupons fairly often too (not good on iPod or Macs, but good on Airport/Time Capsule, software, etc).

CocoaPuffs

macrumors 68010
Aug 23, 2008
At least BB takes returns with no restocking charge, and usually with no argument. Apple and AT&T can't touch that. And I get 1% back on everything that I buy at BB, plus I get discount coupons fairly often too (not good on iPod or Macs, but good on Airport/Time Capsule, software, etc).
Read the fine prints for iPhone, I am sure it isn't the same as everything else.

mrmayor92

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
PA
yeah i am because i have 50 dollars worth of best buy gift certificates and NOTHING to spend them on