Anyone else double pre-order with att and Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by quaxon, Oct 10, 2011.

1. quaxon, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

quaxon macrumors member

I was wondering if there was any way to simply cancel my att one? I heard that we are supposed to get an email about terms or something that we can not accept and the order gets cancelled (I am on a premier account if it matters)? Has anyone actually received this email yet or know when we're supposed to get it?

The reason I double booked is because I just went att at first and then when I went to check my order status it said it wouldnt be delivered until the 21st so I went and booked with apple using my reservation and have it confirmed for delivery on the 14th.

I tried to call and cancel my att preorder but the guy was no help at all after waiting 40 minutes on the line just to speak with him, he said they cant cancel orders, the only way to do so would be to refuse the package. The good news is today they said that it is scheduled to arrive on the 14th so I guess it wasn't backordered after all.

Anyone know what would happen if I don't cancel either of the orders? will apple send mine on before the 14th and then will the att one get cancelled before it ships or what? Right now my apple order is preparing for shipping, any chance of having that order canceled this far into the process? My att order has both the boxes ticked and all that is left is the shipped part. Though trying the ref.# trick at fedex or UPS yields no results.This is turning into such a bigger headache than I expected, jeez! thanks.

EDIT: So my Apple order didn't get canceled, and neither did my premier order (as of yet at least). I got a tracking number from apple and my phone is shipped, however I still havent heard anything from att and can't get any info on my order from any of their status sites except for the premier one.

EDIT2: Premier order shipped last night, I'm getting two phones!

2. Tnnrx7 macrumors member

As long as you have not accepted the T&C's email that was sent to you from AT&T they will not process the order. I highly recommend this as the shipping delay at this point through AT&T is already much longer than through Apple.

If you have accepted the T&C's from AT&T, they will process your order. Apple should hopefully still fulfill your order (highly recommend calling them to verify). Refuse the package from AT&T and it will be wiped clean.

3. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

No, that is just asking for annoying issues to occur

4. lyrastar macrumors member

If either place suspects you ordered two phones with the upgrade discount, they will cancel. I would try your hardest to get one or the other cancelled for sure or you may end up with no phone at all.

5. Effusion01 macrumors member

I was in a similar situation. Ordered throughout AT&T and than apple on launch day. Cancelled my AT&T order on Thursday and asked them to revert my eligibility. All went fine and got my cancellation email. Than checked with apple to make sure all was fine, order said processing and no sign or any issues. On Sunday called apple to make sure again to be told by 2 supervisors that all is fine and that I should have no issues receiving the phone. When checked the order status by calling the apple status line heard that there was a hold on my order, checked with the supervisor again, only to be told that they spoke to att and all is fine no issues. Called today in the morning to check again what was happening as it was still processing, once again to be told by the agent and a supervisor to rest assure that all looks great and no issues whatsoever. Than in evening got an email that the order was canceled and reason because it seemed there was a duplicate. This is after speaking to at least 4 supervisors, att and making sure all was fine. So that's basically it, when called them again was told yea it's cancelled and best would be to reorder again.

Still can't believe what happened, but guess just gave up. All this trouble for nothing only to be informed via email it's cancelled after being told repeatedly that all is fine.

6. quaxon thread starter macrumors member

The thing is I have not gotten any email like that yet though. If it matters I am on a premier plan with my dad as the main account holder (though I am authorized to make changes), and upgrading a line, so I don't know if I should be getting an email or if it is just for new regular customers or something.

7. Effusion01 macrumors member

Am on premiere too but no emails ever came with the terms.

8. quaxon thread starter macrumors member

Did your status order ever go to "preparing for shipment" on apples order page or did it go from processing to cancelled?

9. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Yeah, I'm worried I'm out in the cold...

I ordered Fridqy morning with AT&T but got an email Friday evening saying I was backordered for 2-3 weeks. So I canceled, and a few hours later, ordered through Apple.

I never got a cancellation email, so I called again on Saturday and finally got a cancellation confirmation.

My Apple order is currently sitting at "preparing for shipment," but I won't be surprised tomorrow when I hear that my order was canceled. These AT&T people are just complete morons and are gonna end up causing me a hassle to get this damn thing.

Good chance I'll end up waiting in line Friday morning and hoping to get lucky.

10. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

do you get a TC email with standard att? Because I never got the first email from att when I first placed my order but ive gotten like 5 copies of the 2nd one saying my order has been sent to the warehouse. Id hate my order to get cancelled over a first email that I never received. I saw screen caps from peoples first email on here and it looked exactly like the confirmation page at the end of my order so i never worried about not receiving it.

11. Effusion01 macrumors member

It just went from processing to cancelled. While all this while apple customer service saw no issue with the order.
    I just reordered, as the email states to reorder and let them know I. 48 hours and they would try their best to fix it, but am sure it's a lost cause. My only concern is that now it does not create more issues.

12. silver7 macrumors newbie

I am also in same boat. I had a major glitch with Apple's site that locked me out of ordering for about 12 hours (that's another story). During this time I preordered with ATT. I don't really trust ATT at all, so once I was able to order from Apple I did (with an Oct 14 ship date). For some reason I thought it would be easy to cancel the order from ATT. The first time I called them I was told I had to wait a week to cancel. A few days later I called again and the women told me she put the cancellation through, but 24 hours later my order still shows up as active.

I spoke to someone at Apple who told me he was absolutely sure that my order with them is fine since it says "preparing for shipment." He told me that if there was any problems it would have been caught in the "processing" stage and cancelled, once you reach "preparing for shipment" you are golden. I am still nervous but he sounded pretty confident that all would be well. So as long as yours has reached the "preparing for shipment" stage, you should also be ok.

13. quaxon thread starter macrumors member

att's premier website is the ****ing worse, I do not understand why, in 2011, they can't hire some competent programmers to make a site that is not from 1997. Compared to apples order status page which is at least from this era. I had to call again and it took 40 minutes to finally speak to someone over there but they told me that it was being shipped to the proper address (which is different than account address) and that I should receive it on the 14th, I didn't ask them to cancel it this time in-case my apple one gets cancelled.

Just curious for all those who had theirs cancelled, did your order ever get to preparing for shipment or did it simply get stopped at processing? Also I have pending charges (at subsidized price) on my account for both att and apple as of typing this.

14. quaxon thread starter macrumors member

hey guys, I updated the first post, got both phones coming at upgrade price, has this ever happened to anyone before? what are the chances of them charging me or signing me into a 4 year contract or something? should I return one of them back or keep sell or something?

15. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

I was told at AT&T that if you manage to get multiple at the upgrade price by some fluke, within a few months you will see a charge on your phone bill for the additional money (difference b/w full retail and upgrade price). In other words, you'd be taking a huge risk by trying to sell the extra one,...

Remember, the phone company is paying that subsidy because you have a contract with them. One person, one 2-yr contract, one subsidy. You didn't just win a free subsidy. ;)

16. tl01 macrumors 65816

Check your spam folder. We had one terms and conditions e mail get stuck there.

17. quaxon thread starter macrumors member

So Basically they will change the charge from $299 to $649 for my 32gb 4s? Seeing as how much the ipad2 was going for on ebay/CL i think I might keep it and make a profit, i'm just a poor college student so I'm gonna need the money come winter break when my student loans start to run dry.

18. ObsidianBlade macrumors regular

I had originally placed an order through Premier myself. Never got a TC e-mail. Ordered on Saturday afternoon. I'm actually hoping it doesn't go through now because I'm just gonna tough it out for a few hours before the Apple Store opens. I hate Premier.

19. quaxon thread starter macrumors member

Yea I never got a TC email either, do you know if everyone gets one or just new accounts/numbers? because I am just on a family plan and only the authorized user (not primary) and upgraded. I am glad that I ordered from apple as a back up because I would be ******** my pants right now if I didn't have a backup in place.

20. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

Yeah that was my understanding... I guess you could give it a shot. Only thing is that people paying those prices on eBay probably want an unlocked version (or are Nigerian scammers who want you to send it to an unverified address because it's a "gift" for their "friend")...

21. quaxon thread starter macrumors member

AH I just finally got my Premier tracking number/shipment email. looks like I am getting 2 iphones friday!!

22. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

You do know they'll end up charging you the full price for the second phone your receive, right?

23. quaxon thread starter macrumors member

Yea, I'm gonna see how much I can get for it on CL/ebay first and if it isn't significantly more than full retail price I'll just return it, I think I have about a month to do that.

24. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

14 days, 30 in California.

25. quaxon thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info, I live in SF as well! did you preorder online or are you going to try and get it somewhere in the city?