iPhone X Anyone else experiencing cellular data dropouts with the X?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MjWoNeR, Jan 16, 2018.

1. MjWoNeR macrumors 6502

MjWoNeR

Anyone else experiencing dropouts?

Sometimes when I’m browsing or using any app that needs internet access the cellular data connection drops. It’s like the internet pauses for 10-20 seconds before coming back. Signal is at 3 lines 3G or 4G.
    In the beginning I thought it was a slow transition from 4G to 3G when there was bad signal. Even though the phone showed 2-3 lines in 4G.
    But this happens on 3G too, with 2-3 lines of signal.
    It’s quite irritating when I’m in the middle of something

I’m not really sure if it’s the iPhone, the signal, or my carrier. My carrier (Tele2) says they see nothing wrong from their end. They also recommend do a factory reset to the phone which I’d like to avoid.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Do you know someone on the same network with your exact same phone model? If so, do a comparisson test between them. If yours drops, then go to Apple for diagnosis.

3. MjWoNeR thread starter macrumors 6502

MjWoNeR

I have a friend with the same phone and network, he doesn’t have any problems, but he is in a totally different area.

I ordered a new SIM card from my network provider and I’m in talks with Apple support. Though I suspect they will eventually just offer a new phone if it’s not solved.

I also send feedback to Apple and reported it as a bug since I don’t remember experiencing this with my old 6+.

4. itegypt macrumors 6502a

itegypt

I don't drop calls but older 6s+ had a better reception than the X

5. Caesars macrumors regular

I'm convinced the X has weaker reception (compared to other iPhones I have).

Can't objectively prove this though, either way still Loving it.

6. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

Many are reporting this

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don’t know about weaker reception but my X has been rock solid and hasn’t incurred any cellular drops

8. gahig ulo macrumors 6502a

gahig ulo

if you have an iphone 7 or older do comparison and you will see,im not saying my X is slower but definitely not fast either compared to my 7+

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I came from the se which was also top notch

10. MjWoNeR thread starter macrumors 6502

MjWoNeR

For future reference, Apple replaced the phone with a new one and no more cellular issues for me!

11. allenlee12306 macrumors newbie

allenlee12306

If a new iPhone can solve this problem,that's not bad.At least their attitude is worthy of recognition.

12. Corsig macrumors regular

YES!!! I thought it was just me. Its been happening more and more the last couple of weeks for some reason

13. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Which means Apple is having serious manufacturing defects with the X granted that not only do people have cell reception issues but also GPS triangulation issues.

14. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

Likely not the issue here but for some it may help, iPhones come stock with data and voice roaming off. I always enable both.

15. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Just because a person had this problem, that doesn't necessarily that Apple is having serious manufacturing defect problems. How many iPhone X's have been manufactured? What is the ratio of produced iPhone X's to iPhone X's that have exited the production line with a hardware defect requiring Apple to replace the unit?

No problems here thus far.

16. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

You need to start reading he iPhone forums much more frequently then. Almost daily do we get threads or relies to existing threads with people having these issues.