Anyone else fed up with iTunes Radio?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by dextr3k, Jul 10, 2014.

1. dextr3k macrumors 6502

I deleted pandora and thinking itunes radio will take care of me. But it seems like they have a horrible algorithm and never seems to play "good" songs.

I dont know if its just me being picky? But I dont think this should happen:

[​IMG]

2. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

Kind feel the same way, I get some good songs that I like every once in a while but I still prefer pandora.

3. =E= macrumors regular

=E=

Well, where I live we don't even have iTunes Radio yet. :roll eyes:
    And no, we don't even have Pandora. Sucks...:p

4. dextr3k thread starter macrumors 6502

Just register for a free USA Apple ID with no credit card, and iTunes radio will be opened to you. No ip checks.

Notice my carrier is in Chinese :D. But it still sucks, keisha should never come on when I searched for skrillex.

5. mcfly88 macrumors 6502

Have you tried changing the "Tune This Station" option at all? I put all my stations on variety and get good results.

6. white4s macrumors 65816

you are crazy if you thought itunes radio was going to be better than pandora

itunes radio is garbage

7. mr99 macrumors 6502a

Can you further elaborate? Just wondering what pandora does so much differently? Honest question.

8. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I like the free previews, otherwise the ads that repeat are horribly annoying (Pandora did this too).

So I guess all and all it is basically the same experience

9. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

The best streaming music service in my opinion is Samsung's Milk Music. Slacker is ON POINT with their library.

10. white4s macrumors 65816

everything lol

plus i'm jailbreaked so i have the pandora downloader which lets me save songs from pandora, gets rid of the limited skips & also gives me the option of using pandora one for free

11. afsnyder macrumors 65816

Everything? Not really a good answer... oh and your illegally forcing pandora to giving free unlimited service, no wonder it's better.

12. mr99 macrumors 6502a

What repo is that in? I don't see pandora downloader when I search

13. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

We don't even have iTunes Radio in Canada:(

14. white4s macrumors 65816

good enough for me. like i care, there's more serious crime happening out there

ps even the free version is better than itunes radio

cydia.myrepospace.com/mobileios

it works great & has a few options to turn on/off as well

15. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

I have fairly good luck with it but I have also been using iTunes for a while and I have iTunes Match. I can't help but wonder if all that data might be helping.

But even then yes the system needs work. Apple has a lot of sources for data like iTunes Match, Genius, purchases, reviews. it doesn't seem like they have one overall system to have better data. Not to mention the similar artists data and system they likely got when they bought Lala (which never failed me in the year I was a member).

that and some better cataloging data (especially genre data) would improve everything. And not just with Music. They could use it for discovery in all stores.

16. Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

LOL. pandora Downloader isn't even an official Pandora app. More hackware.

17. LaurieAnn macrumors regular

LaurieAnn

Even though I pay for Pandora, I like Songza because sometimes I am lazy and don't feel like tweaking and fine tuning stations. Songza has hundreds of already made playlists. Lately I find Songza as my 'go to' streaming music app.

18. white4s macrumors 65816

:apple:

19. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I'm not fed up with it I use it every day. (Using it as I type this post). But it does piss my off Eminem radio doesn't play enough of Eminem's songs.

20. gumbyjunior1 macrumors regular

gumbyjunior1

The iTunes Radio is missing a lot of dynamics. In my opinion they are better off learning from Pandora and SiruisXM when it comes to having radio stations like 90's, 80's, etc.

I am sure like anything else, it will improve.

21. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

Really? My Eminem station plays a lot of Eminem songs, it actually annoys me cause I have most of the songs that play lol

22. saberahul macrumors 68040

Having tried them all, I've found Spotify to be the best option for me. Plus, as a free member you can like songs and play them anytime (you can choose what to play) from the Liked from Radio playlist that is auto-created.

23. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

:eek: It takes me about half an hour to get an Eminem song! And every time I get one i make sure it is set to play more like this and then I changed it to play verity and that didn't help it just gave me different songs not by eminem

24. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

The first song that plays is by Eminem then the next couple of songs he's either featured on or are other artists associated with Eminem such as 50 Cent, D-12 or Dr. Dre then it'll play another Eminem song, that's how it works for me lol

Occasionally it'll play random songs by random artists but I usually like them, my other stations don't work like this though and instead will play a lot of songs I don't like.

25. CEmajr macrumors 601

I think I've figured out how to get iTunes Radio to play a good selection of songs.

If you go into iTunes Radio on your computer you can manually edit your stations as far as songs and artists that you want to 'play more like this'. After doing this I've gotten some impressive results with my stations comparable to what I get in Pandora. It's just sad that I had to go in there and do all that work myself when Pandora just plays a great selection with minimal effort.