Anyone else get a flawless phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by droeun, Jun 29, 2010.

1. droeun macrumors member

No yellow screen or gradient from left to right, no dead pixels, no light leak, no reception issues... WOW! this thing is perfect. Also love the metal trim around the headphone jack - the plastic on 3GS would crack easily. Had all sorts of problems with the 3GS; did I get lucky or did Apple finally sort out their QQ?

This one's definitely a winner.

2. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Mine is absolutely perfect except I can replicate the signal issues in SOME places apparently. I'm still super stoked. Thanks AT&T store!

3. tokiidokii macrumors regular

that sounds great :)

what you can try tho, is to look for the yellow blotches when your phone gets hot. i'm not just talking about usage but more like if you're outside in hot temp (like around 85-90 degrees F). what i notice is that the yellow stuff on the screen comes back when the phone gets hot... it's really annoying.

my phone is only 5 days old so i'm hoping it will permanently vanish in a week or two but from what it looks like, i'm not really sure. the bottom yellow blotches are already permanently gone. it's the blotches on top that doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon or at all.

4. diabolic macrumors 68000

Absolutely perfect for me. No yellowing on any part of the screen whether it's hot or not. No screen problems at all. Far better reception than my 3GS. A lot less dropped calls.

5. AshStorm macrumors member

Same.

I even TRIED to make the damn thing fail. I held the thing as WRONG (Yes, JOBS! I held it WRONG! Send me to iPhone jail) as possible to see if I could make my call or bars drop and it still held up without any quality degradation. I even tested it on speaker and normal call mode as well as different locations (work, home, campus, car with all the windows closed) and still no issue.

I'm not trying to brag as much as just give people data. I feel bad for the people that aren't having the same luck.

6. JayDude132 macrumors 6502

7. kaizer85 macrumors member

kaizer85

No issues what so ever. Had it since launch. I'm loving it!

8. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

9. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

10. RC83 macrumors 6502

Mine has been good to me.. My signal bars drop sometimes.. But I never lose connection. Never had a dropped call or anything.. My phone is a week 26 build also.

11. EdLee macrumors member

I can't say it's "flawless" or "perfect." All I can say is that I have not had any of the issues as described. I haven't gone looking for them either.

12. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

The reason why some of you are not experiencing reception issue may just be that AT&T has better service in your area.

13. krtnkd macrumors newbie

14. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

While that's possible, I wouldn't rule out differences between the units. Someone I know (in my area) got much better reception with the bumper on, while I can't get the bars to drop when I touch it in the most detrimental way. Remember the freezing iMacs? Some had the issue and some didn't despite the exact same innards/components. They were eventually fixed with a software update and the same may happen with iPhone 4.

15. big0mar macrumors regular

Amazing piece of electronics. Really has changed my life :apple:

16. msduncan macrumors 6502

How can you tell what week your build was?

I have the reception issue.

17. iPadztr macrumors 6502

mine just works fine. Had my launch i4 replaced and the replacement is perfect. No yellow tint issues when phone is being used. No dead pixels (didnt bother looking for them as i dont see any noticeable when in use), lose a bar or 2, but never got any drop calls. I'm a happy camper.

18. skinsone macrumors regular

+1 for me too. No problems here. I am amazed at the battery life and I really like the multi-tasking.

19. me2000 macrumors 6502

Mine is perfect.

Perfect screen.. no yellowing, no dead pixels.

I *can* replicate reception issues in certain areas and that's if I REALLY tightly grip it. But at home I can tightly grip it for minutes and it still stays at 5 bars.

I think if I have to actually try and get the signal to drop, it's not a defect for me. I actually get a better signal at work! But if I do the "death grip" I drop 2 bars. But with normal usage and holding, it works fine.

20. kcjohn macrumors member

kcjohn

Not a problem at all

My friend and I have 0 problems. Tried the grip from hell many times and it doesn't affect it one bit. The media and everyone act like every iPhone 4 is not working. Simply not true.

21. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

I've got a perfect phone too. I've tried to replicate the signal issue many different ways in a lot of different locations. As someone else stated, it could be because the reception is excellent here in Utah. I've had all the previous iPhones before and have never had issues. The only time I did was when I spent last summer in Dallas. The reception there is terrible.

22. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

No issues. I can get it to drop a bar if I hold it just right. Reception seems the same as 3GS (which wasn't bad). I'm in LA.