Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TehFalcon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2011
United States
My X was scheduled for delivery today. Never came, and when contacting UPS their reply was that they have no idea where it is.

The last scan was an arrival in my city at 6am and nothing since.

Attachments

• 9D940FC6-86BE-4415-A498-4E4D53B1AE60.jpeg
    9D940FC6-86BE-4415-A498-4E4D53B1AE60.jpeg
    308.8 KB · Views: 347

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Sounds like an employee got sticky fingers in Pueblo CO. It happens every year to a few unlucky customers. Sometimes they find it after an exhausted search of the facility, other times a large group of good employees suffer for one that had sticky fingers.

Your information does show that it is currently scheduled for delivery on "Monday" so a very slight change of hope left.

Dave

Reactions: TehFalcon

TehFalcon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2011
United States
Sounds like an employee got sticky fingers in Pueblo CO. It happens every year to a few unlucky customers. Sometimes they find it after an exhausted search of the facility, other times a large group of good employees suffer for one that had sticky fingers.

Your information does show that it is currently scheduled for delivery on "Monday" so a very slight change of hope left.

Dave

Rescheduled for Monday, fingers crossed it shows up then.

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
My X was scheduled for delivery today. Never came, and when contacting UPS their reply was that they have no idea where it is.

The last scan was an arrival in my city at 6am and nothing since.

Yep, same thing happened to me. I had two. One was ready for pickup at roughly 8:30am yesterday. The other was loaded back onto the container. No explanation as to why. My assumption: stolen. Same thing happened to my watch once.

Reactions: TehFalcon

TehFalcon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2011
United States
Yep, same thing happened to me. I had two. One was ready for pickup at roughly 8:30am yesterday. The other was loaded back onto the container. No explanation as to why. My assumption: stolen. Same thing happened to my watch once.

So is the other rescheduled for Monday like mine?
There still has been no movement over the weekend, so i'm still hoping for Monday, otherwise it's going to be a real fun conversation with Apple.

LoveMyMacPro

Suspended
Aug 22, 2015
A friend of mine got screwed by FedEx. They never bothered to deliver his phone yesterday and can't tell him when they'll get around to doing so due to "high volume".

nycxaxez

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2010
I almost got screwed over. I held the iPhone for pick-up at a UPS customer center but after the package arrived there early Friday morning the status stopped updating on the website. I was previously told that I would not be able to pick up a package until the status noted it was available for pick-up. All day I anxiously waited for the status to say that it was ready for pick-up but that update never came. Then 2 hours before the customer center was scheduled to close I called UPS and the customer rep told me it seemed like the package was available for pick-up even though the website didn’t say so. So she suggested that I go to the customer center and try to pick it up.

When I got there the worker saw that the package didn’t seem to be available for pick-up in the company system. He was really nice, though, and after asking if it was an iPhone offered to go look for it. He dug around for a few minutes and found the package somewhere where it wasn’t supposed to be and it also hadn’t been scanned correctly, leading to the incorrect status in the UPS system. So it seems like somebody somewhere screwed up at some point. Goes to show that even one small mistake in the whole delivery process could lead to people possibly getting screwed over. I try and keep in mind that out of the millions of these phones that go out to people, only a small percentage of people get screwed. I still consider myself one of the lucky ones, though, because at the end of the day I was able to get my phone on launch day. I know not everyone was that lucky.

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
Aw man that really sucks. I'm sorry to hear this happened. I hope it makes its way to you asap or that Apple goes above and beyond to take care of you if it was UPS' screw-up. Keep us posted, please.

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
So is the other rescheduled for Monday like mine?
There still has been no movement over the weekend, so i'm still hoping for Monday, otherwise it's going to be a real fun conversation with Apple.

Yep same exact thing. Monday. Guaranteed it'll never happen.

cpzahner

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2013
The Main UPS hub in Louisville is very behind not just on apple products but all shipments. most packages I order deliver by UPS within 2 days. now im getting packages 3-7 days.

TehFalcon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2011
United States
Just got notice it's ready for pickup on Monday and it had to be picked up by Monday or is getting shipped back.

I just got a notification that mine just left Commerce City, CO. It has already been there and left, who knows why it went back. It will be ready by noon Monday now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 1.26.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 1.26.26 AM.png
    310.6 KB · Views: 66
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.