The UPS has lost/misdelivered my Iphone X thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jetydosa, Nov 3, 2017.

1. jetydosa macrumors member

So 3am preorder day I order myself and my wife 2 Iphone Xes. Got the Nov 10 date, then bumped to Nov 3rd date. Phones ship the other day, Ive been following them from China, to Alaska, to Kentucky, and finally to Atlanta area early this morning.

They both go "out for delivery" about 7:40am this morning, shipping to my work. UPS normally shows up about 9:30-10am. Well they show today about 1:30, I understand UPS runs lates on days like today, no biggie. Well, only 1 phone comes off the truck (I wasnt there right when it unloaded as we get a lot of UPS packages at my work). My wifes shows - no sign of mine. I track it , it still says "out for delivery".

I call UPS, they say they still show it on the truck but would call the driver and get a trace on it and call me back. To UPS credit, they call me back in about an hour, but say they do not know where the package is. I call them back a few hours later - same. They tell me it might get scanned coming off a truck if it got mis-loaded.

Any one else? I am fearing the worst here...

2. kpeex macrumors member

kpeex

I had mine for pick up at the "Will Call" at the local large UPS sort facility. It never completed after the "Destination Scan". The Will Call lady was very helpful and apologetic. This was about 11 am.

It ended up on the feeder truck at the local mall where the Apple Store is. A UPS supervisor went and got it in her car and had it to me by 1:30 pm.

I can't complain. Mistakes happen. I think they went above and beyond to get my package delivered.

I hope you have a similar experience. Good Luck!

3. sparkhill macrumors regular

Crazy story here... my family had three identical phones for home delivery today. They tracked together all the way from China until this morning when one was loaded on the truck a little later than the other two.

UPS arrived with two phones and said One was missing. About 30 minutes later, we get a call from Apple support in Austin informing us that the phone was delivered to the wrong address - our local Apple store. We were good we could pick it up today or have it delivered Monday. Went and picked it up from the store manager, who said they never heard of something like this.

4. jetydosa thread starter macrumors member

Just to update my situation - Ive spent a ton of time on the phone with UPS, the hub, supervisors etc. They all same the same thing:

They have no idea where my phone is. The last scan on was onto the truck. To their credit, they seem to be "trying".

Fortunately as able to locate on for in-store pickup today due to the other thread.

5. Costino1 macrumors 6502a

Costino1

When the iPhone 5 came out on launch day, my phone got delivered to 4567 Apple St instead of my address 4567 Macintosh st. Granted it is confusing how my neighborhood is set up. Person at the other address signed my name and kept phone. I knew what happened when website said DELIVERED but obviously I didn’t get it. I had to get cops involved. Luckily she didn’t open my phone and set it up or I’d press charges.

6. ZipZap macrumors 603

Ive had other types of orders scan into the center and vanish. I dont think UPS even cares. Customers (apple) just files a claim. Apple refunds your money.

7. _Kiki_ macrumors 6502a

8. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Who is an expensive carrier. UPS and FedEx is pretty well it.

9. meu macrumors member

Wife's iPhone X was "incorrectly sorted" by UPS :mad: Was supposed to arrive Nov 3rd
    We live in Tampa. Went from Orlando to Tampa back to Orlando. WTH
    Its now sitting in Lakeland which is a city between Tampa and Orlando. What is
    really outrageous is it's schedule for Monday Delivery. If you mess up, and deliver
    on Saturdays, wouldn't you get the customer their package the next day at least. It's
    45 minutes away from its destination?

Attached Files:

10. Vanilla35 macrumors 68040

Vanilla35

Lol I feel sorry for you poor souls. Funny that this will be a continuous thread though :p

11. _Kiki_ macrumors 6502a

DHL Express (2-3 days delivery from China)

FedEx is rubbish in UK
    UPS also nothing special

12. Lexio macrumors member

Lexio

I had mine to pick up at a UPS-point. It should be on the 3th of november Delivered to my house, but at 5:30 PM i thougt that they will not come to me, so I went to this point and an employee said that my package was delivered after the UPS trucks went out to the customers... So it was good that I decided to go to this point, otherwise my iPhone would be delivered on mondey

13. AidenL macrumors 6502

I agree, same here in Ireland.

DHL are star performers, as are some of the local,couriers.

UPS use subcontractors here, and it’s cheapest possible option, hence no one cares.

14. nalbagli macrumors 6502

Placed the order for two phones (one SG one Silver), both shipped with different order numbers from UPS but simultaneously, then on second day both phones appeared as: Shipment In Transit - Delayed. Strange thing is soon after that the Silver got an update and now has a delivery date for Friday.
    Space Grey sitll delayed with no movement since yesterday morning, status suck on:

06/11/2017 12:07 P.M. The package is awaiting clearing agency review. / The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release.
    06/11/2017 11:27 A.M. The package is awaiting clearing agency review. / The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release.

I am starting to believe they lost my phone, I was travelling to NY to recieve it so if this happens I will be out without iPhone X indefinetly. I simply can´t belive this.
    Anybody else experiencing something similar

15. Tommy c macrumors 6502

Tommy c

I did not even see this thread, ours is in California now, not PA. Lol

16. PrettyWings macrumors regular

Absolutely unbelievable. Just spontaneously deciding to steal

17. Costino1 macrumors 6502a

Costino1

Her excuse was she was going to bring it to me in the morning. No. She was waiting a few days to open it and sell it to make sure no one was coming after her.