General Anyone else gotten a blue screen since 8.4?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kalirob99, Jul 19, 2015.

1. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

I'm on an iPhone 6 Plus 128GB on ATT. All the Google searches on mention TMobile. Also curious if this could be jail break related. TIA.

2. Frozentoast macrumors 6502

Frozentoast

Yes.

The blue screen on reboot is 100% jailbreak related; even TaiG’s latest beta is still unstable. Paired with a completely broken Springtomize, it hardly seems worthwhile.

Running cleanly restored stock software with uncompromised battery and stability is very refreshing. A potential of ad–blocking in iOS 9 will further remove the need to break.

3. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Tethering is the number one reason I jailbreak. I don't tether a lot but when I travel it's really helpful.

4. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Yes I have noticed a couple on my weekly reboot but hasn't affected user experience at all;) iP6+ 128 ATT here and have always set up as new.

5. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Well thats disappointing to hear but glad to hear its not just me seeing this issue lol.

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

LOL! For you maybe.

But I don't stay stock for your reasons. I jailbreak because Apple after all this time still won't let me make my device look/function the way I want it to.

Staying stock may be fine for you. Not for me.

7. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

For me I can't stand the fact they make SMS replies so basic. With all these Cydia hacks they could at least use all the functions ffs lol

8. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

For what it's worth, I just recently bit the bullet and upgraded to iOS 8.4 from 7.1.2

7.1.2 PanGu jailbreak was getting the blue screen crash 0-3 times during startups until it actually loaded to the lock screen

In this past week with the TaiG 8.4 jailbreak, I have not noticed a single blue screen crash during a start up

Running an iPhone 5 though. I remember a few months back that there was an article mentioning Apple changing the flash chips they used for the 128GB models due to a problem with them

Maybe that's related to the blue screen you and others are experiencing?

Did you get your iPhone 6 soon after it was released to the public?

9. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

I had a couple blue screens on my 128gb iPhone 6 on 8.4(bought in May and came with 8.1.3 I think) but I put it down to the fact that I had a load of tweaks installed because it was my first jailbreak and I went a bit ott trying out stuff, I also had other problems as well so I used Cydia impactor to un-jailbreak and then redone all the tweaks I knew I wanted and it has been a couple of weeks now and not one blue screen touch wood.

10. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Yeah I did. But I hadn't seen one till 8.4. It's like 8.4 is still glitchy and there's no Jb Updates to patch it.

Smart but there crashes aren't that bad for me and I need the tweaks. If I had a Twitter or knew what I was doing on it lol I'd rally to see if it's fixable.