Anyone else have a scratch on their iPhone 4 screen?

tnsltwn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
Gotta admit I'm pretty pissed about this. It's a light wiggly scratch very minimal next to the front facing camera. I have NO IDEA how it got there. I called Apple and they said they do not sell screen protectors because the screen is "very scratch resistant". Well apparently that is BS. I'm checking out powersupport.com for a screen protector. Just wondered if anyone else had a scratch on their screen? I also have had 3 iPhone's and this is the first one to have a scratch. :(

zachcheatham

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2009
St. Louis, Missouri
The screen being scratch resistant is BS. I scratched my first one and had it replaced for the camera, then the replacement came with a scratch so they replaced it again.

I've never scratched another iphone.

DanggxAmanda

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
I got 2 on the second day of owning the phone. Too small straight lines. One near the front camera and one on the bottom of the screen. But it was my fault because I dropped it about a foot from a couch to a wooden floor. I guessed it must have slid on some dirt/crumbs while I was picking it up... :/ doesn't reAlly bother me though since its only visible in a certain light, its really faint

liquidsuns

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2009
Unfortunately, I do now have a scratch on my iPhone 4. I've been very anti-screen protector because my 3gs seemed to be unscratchable and I figured the iP4 would be at least just as good. I take very good care of it (as much as Apple could expect anyone too) and a couple days ago there it was...a nice little 1/2 inch scratch right down the middle. We had been camping and I put it in my backpack at night and when I woke up, there it was. There was nothing in the pocket with the phone but a little flashlight. So...whatever, I don't know what the hell scratched it.

It's only noticeable when the screen is off and it's not a big deal, but it's still a bit annoying.

I just ordered a SGP Ultra Oleophobic protector and I'm hoping it will maybe make the scratch unnoticeable, cause I've heard that happens with a screen protector. So yeah, I'm putting screen protectors on all future iPhones.

orange42

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2009
No scratches. Aside from the first few days of having the phone, I have always had and always will have a cheap eBay screen protector on it.

Natesac

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2008
Dallas,Tx
I have noticed the coating is far more scratch prone than my 3GS and my iPad. Also seems like it is far more difficult to remove grease. A tshirt won't do the job

diamondschwin

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2002
I have noticed the coating is far more scratch prone than my 3GS and my iPad. Also seems like it is far more difficult to remove grease. A tshirt won't do the job

my findings exactly... lots of LIGHT scratches in the coating... cant see them unless in the right light but my 3GS never had this problem... also, I have to wipe more than once to get grease and stuff off.... 3GS never had that issue either...

I love my iphone 4, but I think the 3GS was perfection at the time, I think by next year when they sort the kinks on this current hardware design with some it will be perfect.

megsalias

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Mobile, AL
There's not a single scratch anywhere on my phone. I'm crazy about keeping screen protectors and a good case on it. I even have a back screen protector on under the case, so dust doesn't scratch the back.

MisterDisney

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
Won't post my story, even though it is a cool one.. But, in my own experience, the iP4 is just as scratch resistant as my 3G and 3GS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.