Anyone else have a scratch on their iPhone 4 screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tnsltwn, Aug 3, 2010.

1. tnsltwn macrumors 6502

tnsltwn

Gotta admit I'm pretty pissed about this. It's a light wiggly scratch very minimal next to the front facing camera. I have NO IDEA how it got there. I called Apple and they said they do not sell screen protectors because the screen is "very scratch resistant". Well apparently that is BS. I'm checking out powersupport.com for a screen protector. Just wondered if anyone else had a scratch on their screen? I also have had 3 iPhone's and this is the first one to have a scratch. :(

2. zachcheatham macrumors regular

zachcheatham

The screen being scratch resistant is BS. I scratched my first one and had it replaced for the camera, then the replacement came with a scratch so they replaced it again.

I've never scratched another iphone.

3. DanggxAmanda macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

I got 2 on the second day of owning the phone. Too small straight lines. One near the front camera and one on the bottom of the screen. But it was my fault because I dropped it about a foot from a couch to a wooden floor. I guessed it must have slid on some dirt/crumbs while I was picking it up... :/ doesn't reAlly bother me though since its only visible in a certain light, its really faint

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Not one. I kept the original plastic cover until I got a Power Support film set.

5. tnsltwn thread starter macrumors 6502

tnsltwn

6. liquidsuns macrumors 6502

Unfortunately, I do now have a scratch on my iPhone 4. I've been very anti-screen protector because my 3gs seemed to be unscratchable and I figured the iP4 would be at least just as good. I take very good care of it (as much as Apple could expect anyone too) and a couple days ago there it was...a nice little 1/2 inch scratch right down the middle. We had been camping and I put it in my backpack at night and when I woke up, there it was. There was nothing in the pocket with the phone but a little flashlight. So...whatever, I don't know what the hell scratched it.

It's only noticeable when the screen is off and it's not a big deal, but it's still a bit annoying.

I just ordered a SGP Ultra Oleophobic protector and I'm hoping it will maybe make the scratch unnoticeable, cause I've heard that happens with a screen protector. So yeah, I'm putting screen protectors on all future iPhones.

7. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I've got a bunch of light scratches on the home button. Kinda sucks.

8. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

9. orange42 macrumors 6502a

No scratches. Aside from the first few days of having the phone, I have always had and always will have a cheap eBay screen protector on it.

10. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

I have noticed the coating is far more scratch prone than my 3GS and my iPad. Also seems like it is far more difficult to remove grease. A tshirt won't do the job

11. diamondschwin macrumors member

my findings exactly... lots of LIGHT scratches in the coating... cant see them unless in the right light but my 3GS never had this problem... also, I have to wipe more than once to get grease and stuff off.... 3GS never had that issue either...

I love my iphone 4, but I think the 3GS was perfection at the time, I think by next year when they sort the kinks on this current hardware design with some it will be perfect.

12. megsalias macrumors regular

There's not a single scratch anywhere on my phone. I'm crazy about keeping screen protectors and a good case on it. I even have a back screen protector on under the case, so dust doesn't scratch the back.

13. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

Won't post my story, even though it is a cool one.. But, in my own experience, the iP4 is just as scratch resistant as my 3G and 3GS.