Anyone else have issues with AirPods not staying in your ears?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dragon4ever, Dec 10, 2018.

1. dragon4ever macrumors member

I love the AirPods but I have a hard time keeping them from falling out my ears. Having to constantly adjust them every minute has been a chore and I’m starting to get tried of it. Forget about running in them, let alone wearing them for even a brisk walk. I wonder why Apple doesn’t make them in different sizes. Not everyone has the same size ear holes.

2. mritech macrumors regular

I’m looking into the anker ones that have changeable tips. It’s pointless to have to put something else on the AirPods to make it work when they cost 160 bucks. The AirPods case is not big enough to fit the extra accessory and it’s more work to have to take them on an off

3. Eksoccer99 macrumors regular

Eksoccer99

4. bodonnell202 macrumors 65816

bodonnell202

I never bought airpods since the earpods would always fall out of my ears and I wasn't down with loosing them of the first day considering the cost. I do have BeatsXs and Solo 3s that I use for different activities and don't have to worry about loosing either of them

5. DoubleFlyaway macrumors 6502a

DoubleFlyaway

For me, this helps some, but not enough. I use the covers with hooks and am OK with that. But, yeah— it seems dumb that Apple doesn’t have its own solution for this that is accommodated in the case. Why would you make a wearable in only one size?

6. jcshas macrumors 6502

jcshas

Same here. I use cheap foam covers I picked up on Amazon. Unfortunately you lose the functionality of being able to auto pause when you remove them from your ears, but at least they still fit in the charging case with the foam covers attached. I also tried silicone covers with hooks but they have to be removed every time you put the AirPods in the charging case. Short of getting ear replacement surgery (-: I’m not aware of any other options that work as effectively as the foam covers.

7. vietalogy macrumors 6502

That’s my reason for returning mine they wouldn’t stay in.

8. millerj123 macrumors 65816

I've only had problems keeping them in when taking my shirt off over them. Otherwise, no issues.

9. jimmy_uk, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018

jimmy_uk macrumors 6502a

jimmy_uk

Not a good fit for everyone and unlike other earphones were you can change the tips to fit, Apple decided that slippery plastic in one size only would be good enough.

Leak sound so annoying to everyone around you.

Let in too much external sound.

Roll on MK3.

Wants:
    Noise cancellation
    Option to fit ear tips and fit in case.
    No sound leakage.

10. arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

Same here.
    I have never had the earpods fit me… so I knew the airpods were bound to be a non starter for me.

11. upandown macrumors 6502a

They don’t stay in my ears at all. But my wife has no problems and they are her favorite Apple device.

A product can’t fit everyone. That’s life and acceptable.

12. decypher44 macrumors 6502

decypher44

The left one was always coming out, so I had to buy the accessory pack at Best Buy. The silicone pieces work, but it’s a pain because you can’t leave them on while charging.