Anyone else have issues with mygearstore?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dauerhippo, Dec 31, 2008.

1. dauerhippo macrumors regular

I ordered a case from them on Dec 12. They charged my CC, but never shipped my order. They don't return phone calls or emails. Anyone else having problems with them?

I know they can't be a total scam, since all the youtube reviewers highly recommend them, but their customer service is just non-existent!

2. pisces03x macrumors regular

1-800-290-2492?
    It is their customer support line, apparently. (Contact Us)

3. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

hope you get your stuff soon, I hate when companies give customers the runaround.

4. dauerhippo thread starter macrumors regular

Haha. Have you ever tried calling their customer service line? You get a message saying that all their representatives are busy assisting other callers. You don't get the option to wait on hold until a representative becomes available. Instead, they direct you to leave a message or send them an email, both of which they will then ignore.

So frustrating!! My order was almost 80$, and I'm not just willing to let that go! Does anyone know what the procedure is for getting a refund through Paypal in these situations? (that's how I paid for the order)

5. spader macrumors newbie

Hey Dauer...

YEs....its me.

File a paypal complaint, and they should take care of the rest.

Take Care

6. danieldelgado29 macrumors member

Yup.....You call them to return something no one call you back.

7. FriarTuck macrumors 6502

FriarTuck

I am also having a problem with MyGearStore. They have not sent me the item I ordered (via Amazon), they have not responded to my online inquiries, and in my opinion their customer service voice mail system is a joke.

8. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

I was going to order from them seeing how Carlos has had such good luck with them but after hearing this from another one of his loyal viewers I dont think I will be shopping there.

9. dauerhippo thread starter macrumors regular

I think that's probably your best bet. They really need to get their sh&*t together, but for now, I would stay away. I do hope they do get their act together though, because their prices really are great, but I'm not holding my breath. They probably have such low prices because they are woefully understaffed, hence the crappy customer service.

10. WTBipod160GB macrumors newbie

meh, they offer pretty awesome prices and stuff. i ordered a couple of things during the holidays and i got it before christmas, so it was all gravey. its better than ordering stuff from scammers on ebay imo. paypal dispute my ass, still waiting for my chargeback....

11. myGearStore macrumors newbie

Like any other company we of course make mistakes, and we are normal people with families, friends and lives. We are not perfect, so please do not think that we will be tomorrow. We apologize if there were any issues that have affected anybody on this forum. For what it is worth, our error rate is less that one percent of all orders. However, rightly so, those with problems tend to vocalize them, and we can understand their frustration.

We have representatives, albeit 2, by the phone and will call you back and email back if you email us. I sincerely apologize if there have been some emails or phone calls that were not returned. This is unacceptable and we are working on fixing any internal issues that may cause this. I can assure we do not intentionally try not communicating with our customers. We do have great prices and do have good service…99% of the time.

12. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

I love mygearstore.

Never had a problem, doubt I ever will.

:cool:

13. dauerhippo thread starter macrumors regular

That's a pretty poor excuse, IMO. Just because you are normal people with families doesn't excuse you from having to provide adequate customer service and followup on your orders.

As for your having representatives - when someone calls in, and they are busy, there is no option to hold until they are available. The only option is to leave a message, which, guaranteed, won't be returned anyway. Do you really perceive no problem here at all with your customer service?

14. myGearStore macrumors newbie

myGearStore.com now has an account on Twitter http://twitter.com/mygearstore, another step in improving our customer service accessibility. No excuses, we just listen, adjust, improve & grow!

Everyone can come up with their own definition of "adequate," but here we are responding to your concerns and making efforts to better ourselves. We never claimed to have "no problem here at all," nor does any other company. We are committed to bringing great prices and great customer experience, and we take customer feedback to heart.

15. vtb1128 macrumors newbie

my gear store

I too can not get my gear store to answer an email or phone call. I purchased my item thru Amazon. Has anyone been able to get in contact with them, if so how did you do it?

16. vtb1128 macrumors newbie

Amazon said send the item back without an RA#. Get proof of delivery and they'll take care of the rest. They back their company maybe mygearstore.com should too. I know no company is perfect but since my gears Jan response regarding their customer service I've tried to contact them 4 times. Still no response. I won't be ordering from them again I don't care how good their prices are.

17. dauerhippo thread starter macrumors regular

I would suggest trying to contact them on Twitter, if you use it, although chances are - they will just get back to you with some annoying plattitude about how they are "striving to improve and grow" or some ******** like that.

Good luck.

18. MGS.Cust.Ser. macrumors newbie

Thank You!

Hi,

My name is Ryan Johnson and I am the new customer service supervisor at My Gear Store Inc.

I would like to thank you for your feedback as we are always striving for 100% customer satisfaction. We reply to all emails and work hard to answer all phone calls and return any phone messages.

If you have any issues with your purchase from My Gear Store please email us at info@mygearstore.com and you will receive a reply within 24-48 hours. Our customer service phone line is 1800-290-2492.

We provide personalized responses to all inquires. We do not out source our customer service. We pride ourselves in providing you with the best solutions strait from our warehouse. I realize that you may think this contact information is invalid but I assure you it is not and I personally work very hard to make sure all our customers will receive a response from this point forward.

If you still have a situation that needs resolve please, do not hesitate to follow-up with us as we want to resolve all issues as fast as possible.

Sincerely,

Ryan Johnson
    Customer Service Supervisor

My Gear Store Inc.

19. perkola macrumors newbie

MyGearStore.com ripped me off

I returned an unopened item with the proper RMA number received from MyGearStore.com 12/10/2009. I have been trying to get my refund ever since.(This is 2/28/2010.) They won't respond to my emails and don't answer their Customer Service line. I don't know what else to do except warn others not to use this company. I paid using PayPal, so after reading these posts, I will ask them for help with this.

20. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

OP- Did you ever get your order? I think it's freaking hilarious that they came on here to defend themselves, giving a load of bull***** basically, especially if you still haven't received your order! Thanks for the tip and will definitely not be buying anything from their site.

21. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Wow I'm glad I saw this thread. I will without a doubt avoid this company. If their customer service is truly this poor then they will soon be out of business. Maybe the customer service supervisor should stop wasting his/her time posting unhelpful information on forums and work on supervising the customer service department.

22. kicko macrumors 65816

I dont know what to believe at this point, i was going to place an order last week but held off with this recent rash of bad experiences.

23. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I had the same issue with them a year ago, they did not reply to me until i sent them a threat email lol. Canceled my card so they cannot charge me again.
    No matter what i would stay away from them, they have some kind of marketing they do on Youtube and people get lowered in that way..

24. MrBorsa macrumors newbie

Thanks god i don't have this problem

Hope you get your stuff asap :)

25. Resist macrumors 68030

I contacted MyGearStore last week about a molding issue I have with a Switcheasy iPhone 3G case I purchased from them. They still have not replied back to me. I would expect more prompt customer service from them. I will most likely never purchase anything else from them now. Guess I have to contact Switcheasy to get my issue resolved.