iPad Anyone else looking forward to Next year's ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Z8beema, Oct 24, 2013.

?

Are you disappointed with this year's ipad update?

Poll closed Nov 3, 2013.
  1. yah i was disappointed this year too

29.7%
  2. no i like what they did this year and am excited for the ipad air

70.3%
  1. Z8beema, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013

Z8beema macrumors 6502

Z8beema

'I'm a bit disappointed in this years ipad "upgrade". i wanted: more ram, 32 gb storage, touch i.d. a7x processor, possibly an updated camera (i don't use it though) as well as the smaller form factor. i'm buying this years ipad air only to hold me over until next year's update. what do you think?

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I think you will very likely be disappointed in next year's iPad also.

3. Klae17 macrumors 6502a

Klae17

Agreed.

4. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

I don't care what comes out next year. I'll be too busy enjoying my iPad Air.

5. Z8beema thread starter macrumors 6502

Z8beema

It'll definitely have a faster processor probably be thinner and lighter and by then apple will probably be implementing touch I.d. In everything. Why do you feel I'll be disappointed?

6. VinoGrande macrumors member

Thinner: No
    Lighter: No
    Touch ID: Probably, but who cares.

You're looking at a camera upgrade, and probably a bump to a 32/64/128/256GB storage lineup in the same chassis. You just got a huge size/weight/speed overall. What the hell more do you want?

7. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Because you seem to have unrealistic expectations. Those usually lead to disappointment.

8. Goldenswo140 macrumors newbie

We are all bound to be a little disappointed every year. Apple will never release every feature in a given year that we want and i think thats something we have to come to terms with. Besides what will they sell us next year!

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

There, I fixed it for you. "We" is a lot of people.

10. Z8beema thread starter macrumors 6502

Z8beema

I don't see how any of my expectations are unrealistic. If I'm paying $500 I expect the best. The fact that the air has the same processor as the iphone 5s has to disappoint a decent number of people seeing as it's always had a better processor until this year. There newest feature, touch I.d. Isn't included?!? How is that even possible? I could understand not on the mini to differentiate a bit but on your flagship tablet?really? and eventually the ram has to be bumped with the size of apps growing everyday. I don't think these are ludicrous request and are completely doable

11. darkknight11 macrumors member

also, 802.11ac next year..

12. Klae17 macrumors 6502a

Klae17

Sorry I say, but $500 isn't much. The a7 is the best processor on the market. But you want more. The touch id is for the flagship mobile product of apple. But you want it in a $500 device. Ram is bumped up. You probably meant storage. You can pay for more. Only $599. Oh but you want that for free too.

Guess what, I agree it's not unrealistic expectations, rather, just high expectations. And apple has no obligation to fulfill your wishes. Trust me, you will be disappointed with the upcoming updates next year. But for $500, go get a better tablet. Let us know what you buy

13. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Did you really just ask this on the ipad forum at macrumors?

14. Medic311 macrumors 68000

Medic311

it will probably look the exact same but have TouchID, A8 processor, and a better camera and still be called iPad Air. they will boast how they were able to fit all of "these new features" into the same thin design. despite everyone bitchin' how it's a stupid update, they will sell millions and millions of them and the lead time will stretch beyond the holidays

and so it goes

15. VinoGrande macrumors member

Aside from the expected evolution, why do you need AC on an iPad?

16. Viscerol macrumors newbie

On a IPad 2, you can run multiple tracks and play an instrument at the same time without a single hiccup in GarageBand, I would say the ram and processor in this new device is more than adequate. Fingerprint scanner will come. It doesn't need to be thinner (prolly can't be with Retina) or lighter (would feel cheap). I will be stoked with the new Air or Mini.

17. addictzz macrumors 6502

Look at the bright side. No touch ID or 8MP camera or 802.11ac but at least Apple does trim off the weight and the form. They also give MIMO which will double the WiFi speed. The A7 might also be different than iPhone's A7 and thus the possibility of A7X chip that the customer wishes.

To me Apple has done more to please its customer compared to Steve Jobs' time sans the breakthrough innovation.

18. Macalway macrumors 68000

Well ya got me beat. My brain struggles to focus on next week, and here you are
    Way out in the distance.

19. Altis macrumors 68000

Why do you want smaller form factor then go with the Air vs retina mini? The rest is the same. There has to be some bezel to hold on to....

And if you're concerned about money, skip this year? Sends a bigger message to Apple than buying one.

And you expect a better camera which you admit you don't use (I know I don't use it either).

I think all around the Air and Retina Mini are by far the best two tablets Apple has made. Maaaaaybe enough to get me to upgrade my 1st gen. ;)

20. Medic311 macrumors 68000

Medic311

for anyone with an iPhone 4S, 5, or 5S/5C...shut up about the iPad camera. jeez. you'll just use your iPhone anyways to take photos and video. don't tell me you're like the girl in the promo video who uses her iPad to record speed skating.

puhhhleeeeze

21. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I am with you!! :apple:

22. biosci macrumors 6502a

23. Epiphron macrumors regular

You're gonna be looking forwards for a long time. Fast forward a year later, there'd be another new iPhone with some dazzling new feature. Sure the next iPad might get touchID, but it'll miss out on something else and you'll start a new thread crying about it some more.
    This happens year after year. Same thing with the 4 lmaooo

24. Macalway, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013

Macalway macrumors 68000

25. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

The iPad Air does come with 32GB storage, if you are in need of that?