Anyone else losing interest?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jeepik, Jul 3, 2015.

1. jeepik thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the comments all.. Glad i'm not the only one.

Some of the responses are fascinating.... The one about wearing it on my head is priceless

2. dotnet macrumors 65816

dotnet

No way. You've been clinging to this forum ever since I've been around, and liking every negative post about the watch. There must be something that captures your interest :rolleyes:

3. dannyyankou macrumors G3

dannyyankou

It's not for everyone. The activity app alone is a killer feature for me. I'm obsessed with filling those rings.

4. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

Were people really expected to be constantly entertained by a watch that received notifications?

5. BillyTrimble macrumors 6502a

Your cure would be to return it. You obviously don't know what it is or how to use it.
    It's a watch. Did you get bored with your previous watch that told you the time when you wanted to know the time? If you didn't, then why is the Apple watch any different. It's a WATCH. And it does more than a watch. What else do you want to know? Please return it an make yourself happy again.

And we need one sticky thread for "watch boredom".

6. sumsingwong macrumors 6502a

sumsingwong

I don't use my watch to entertainment myself. Heck, I don't even use my iPhone for entertainment most of the time. I mostly use it for productivity. The Apple Watch is a watch first and this is what I expected because I always wore watches before purchasing the Apple Watch. I like the added features which keeps my phone in my pocket longer. It's funny how personal timepieces are evolving. First the the pocket watch. Then came the wrist watch. Back to pocket watch with the smartphones. Now, back to wrist watch.

7. iBighouse macrumors 6502a

iBighouse

As long as I have the need to know what the time of day is by just looking at my wrist, I'll never lose interest in the apple watch.

All the other stuff is just fantastic icing on the cake. I do use it often for other things as well. I've made phone calls on it, I've used the remote for controlling my apple tv, I use the Hue app to shut off my hue lighting when I go to sleep at night. It's also great for telling me when I have a message from others. I find I'm less dependent on looking at my iPhone or iPad because of the notifications it quickly and discreetly sends.

8. TrueBlou macrumors 68040

TrueBlou

Losing interest, hells no, there's always something new.

9. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

Clearly not being able to do enough on it is just a software limitation primarily. Just think about how limited the original iPhone was. There will be a lot of innovation in this space for sure.

10. Shinigami301 Suspended

Shinigami301

Which is why your,re trolling in this thread, right?

11. BillyTrimble macrumors 6502a

If you need someone to tell you what to use the watch for, it isn't for you. And obviously, you don't have one, but just want to troll to stir the pot.

12. BillyTrimble macrumors 6502a

That's nice. So why are you participating in this forum? Oh, I get it. You just want to annoy people.

13. Arran macrumors 601

Arran

Don't ever buy a sofa. It'll bore you senseless. :)

14. jeepik thread starter macrumors 6502

I let my wife make those purchases

15. burgman macrumors 68000

burgman

Whenever I wear my old watch, I get why I bought the Apple watch. A very expensive device that only does one thing. Actually I'm realizing that smart watches shouldn't be called a watch, far to limiting. Checking the time is a small percentage of what I use it for.

16. burgman macrumors 68000

burgman

What forced you to respond not ignore, Demons? :) Calling people idiots shows real class, congrats.

17. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Ever since the initial keynote I wrestled with myself about whether or not I really needed an Apple watch and how I would use the various functions and features it offered...... I sat through the whole pre-order period and the time it took people to get their preordered watches shipped to them, I read comments both pro and con about the watch....and in the end decided that the only way I'd really know for sure if an Apple watch was for me would be to go ahead and buy one of the darned things! LOL!

Got my SS SB with SS SB link bracelet yesterday.....walked into the Apple store, they had one available, I bought it. Today has been my first full day with it, experimenting, learning, setting up things, etc., etc. Right now, yes, I can say it's been vastly entertaining! I love being able to switch the clock faces and get something entirely new showing me the time...... I deliberately had Mickey set up so that when the time shifted to 6:00 PM EDT I could watch him switch from one side to the other -- how cool is THAT?! The brilliance of the technology behind the Apple watch is truly amazing. Now I'm back to my favorite watch face, the one which tracks the sun rising and falling.....when I get tired of that I can always shift back to the "Color" clock face that I've set up with my favorite color and also the complications which mean most to me.

So this afternoon, I set up the thingy to prod me into standing each and every hour, and that's been just a hoot! For some reason this just really cracks me up every time I get the reminder!

Yesterday, driving home with the new watch on my wrist, I was immediately pleased and intrigued by being able to get email alerts and also a phone call alert right on my wrist while the iPhone was stashed in my purse. Right there, that's worth a lot to me, especially around home, when I'm likely not to have the iPhone handy and all too often have missed calls in the past when I didn't hear them coming in and had no way to see that I'd missed a call until I happened to take a look at the lock screen.

Bored with the Apple watch? I don't think I'll ever be bored with it, but I do realize that some of the novelty of what I'm seeing and using now is likely to dissipate over time, but in the end, the device absolutely does have very useful functionality for me and that is in the end what counts rather than the novelty factor. I can giggle about the "stand" alert thingy in the health program or not bother more than a couple of times to check my heart rate, but when I'm out and about and I get an alert on my Apple Watch while my iPhone is buried in my purse or if I'm at home in another room with the watch on my wrist while the iPhone is sitting on the charger at my "charging station" or is in a different room where I'd left it and an important call comes in.....that's where the real value of this device is for me.

Bored with the Apple watch? I don't think so......

18. bh85 macrumors regular

bh85

Yes, you will be entertained by this watch for the first 1, 2, 3 weeks. But after that, you know exactly what its useful for and what its not. Apple needs to push updates to Apple Watch more often than other products. Especially since this is first generation product. Its not perfect so that means that they can improve on the current software much faster. I hope they do something new every 3 months. Give users more features, polish up on few things.

19. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

I never expected to be entertained by it, it's definitely lost it's novelty though. I still love receiving notifications on my wrist, and I love the activity tracking, but for what I use it for, I regret paying $600 for mine. In the future, I won't pay more than the minimum amount for the 42mm.

20. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Is the list above an advertisement for the watch? Do you work for Apple? (just kidding)

Nice work!

Your list is interesting, especially since I avoided the original, I've found for my preferences, the second generation of any Apple product is worth waiting for.

Oh sure many of the Apple Faithful will vehemently argue that one can buy the original then sell it and move up. But I'm not interested in that game. Already there's rumors about the upcoming replacement, that is the one I'll buy just for the fun of it.

Yet now that the newness has worn off and Apple generated hype has cooled, I don't hear anything about it out amongst mainstream friends and consumers.

After all it's just a watch, an item that most find unnecessary and pointless.

21. Roller macrumors 68030

Could you possibly be any more condescending? If you and your mainstream friends actually took some time to look at what early adopters are doing, you might be surprised that some of us are...gasp...actually using the Apple Watch productively for work and other pursuits.

22. Ben_Dover macrumors regular

Ben_Dover

TRAVEL. lots. You'll get why.

23. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

That's exactly why I just got the SG BSB. The SS options look good, but I don't want to spend too much on a first gen product.

24. Smithwicks macrumors 6502

Mine's going back. Just not enough to differentiate it from the phone... And if I'm going to use it as a watch, I'd rather have a timepiece.

25. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

No need to be so sensitive. At no time was it a condescending post. Simply sharing one's observations shouldn't trigger you to make assumptions and take offense. That reveals more about you, than those who have no interest in the watch. It's a product, like any other product. Some like it. Some don't. Only Apple thinks it's such a big deal, they are right. It's their big deal.