Anyone else love their iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tymaster50, Oct 5, 2012.

1. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Call me a fanboy if you want but I love my phone, I had a 4 and a 3g before this so it is a worthwhile upgrade for me. I like the speed of it and LTE is like the perfect compliment to it. I just wish that I could actually use all of that speed on something and not just in short bursts so I don't go over my data plan. But yeah I love the design too it took some getting used to and I first I thought the white version looked a little weird with the silver back and white tops but unfortunately radioshack only had that one in verizon 16gb so I just cut my losses,switch to verizon from at&t and got it but I actually love it, highlights the phones feautures. The lightning is a welcomed change from the old dock connector, all of my cords managed to get some of the wiring exposed somehow and it was kinda annoying having to see which side went into the phone. But Verizon 3G could use some work but I understand they want to work on LTE.

I mean if you have a 4S then you can skip the phone but you would probably want to definitely get on around the time of the 5S or 6.

2. KittiFatale macrumors member

KittiFatale

ME! I'm completely in love with my white 64GB iPhone 5. <3

I find it hilarious how most of the people dissing the iPhone 5 don't even have it.

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

No, I'm sure you're the only one in the world who loves their iPhone 5.

4. LachlanH macrumors regular

Got mine yesterday, 16gb Black. Love it so far.

5. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

#1 thing I heard in the week before release
    it's exactly the same
    now what I hear when they see mine
    it's so light, and long...

6. Pepsidude macrumors newbie

Lovin mine!!!! Black 32gig here!!!! The maps will be a work in progress and will eventually be great but the hardware it's self is stellar!!!!

7. magnificent me macrumors member

magnificent me

Yup.. "Doesn't this feel like a toy?" I feel like to rip the hair out of these people! They are the sort of people who will find flaws even in the world's most white and rounded pearl!

8. Pepsidude macrumors newbie

I agree that's cuz there haters!!!!

9. lionqueen macrumors 6502

I had the 3, then the 4, then the 4S. Now i have the 5. I love it to death :) bigger screen, much better color, and lots of other little things... Oh, and with LTE my cell phone's internet is now faster than my home net :eek:

Only thing I'm not happy with is that i got a 32 gig-debating exchanging it for a 64 tomorrow.

10. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

my home wifi and lte are neck and neck according to speedtest. my home wifi's peak is around 17.82mps and the fastest I've gotten at home is like 22-25mbps but that's if I get lucky. It'll usually be around like 15-17. Right now it's at 18.02, my upload is hugely lacking for some reason it's only 1.62 normally I would get atleast about 5 every time.

11. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Another one of these sappy threads?

There's an obvious disconnect between a large number of iDevotees & the human race. They find their devices "sexy" falling in "love" with them...

Oh please don't you people have girlfriends / boyfriends / love interests, other than a cold inanimate object that's about to become obsolete in a matter of months ?

They "take their laptops to bed" then wonder why they "overheat"?

It just goes on and on ad naseum...

It's a bizarre world in AppleLand :eek:

12. iALLOUT4eva macrumors regular

iALLOUT4eva

Me!!!! I have the blacl 16 gig previously I had the i4 and boy ole boy the overall design and performance of this i5 is amazing everything just seem soooooo effortless on here. Also the fact that I can open my multitask tray and open the 16th app in there and STILL b right where I left off in it is......im at a lost for words lmao ;)

13. mac jones macrumors 68040

I can see your point. But you have to remember (I forget this constantly) that this forum is filled with younger people who actually DON'T have lives ( like 25+ do ). Yes there are some wallflower types that find solace in tech, which is actually great, but it's impossible to get a fix on age.

In other words; best not to make these types of remarks, for this, and other more obvious reasons :D

14. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

I think people are just tired of seeing endless threads of complaints. This is just a way to distract from that and show that the phone isn't always part of the negative hoopla.

15. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I don't disagree with you at all.

My post was largely in jest... It's just that my dry humor often fails to come across well in a forum post :)

16. Simoquasimo macrumors member

What's wrong with people these days. I like my apple stuff but loving them sounds weird to me. Well I'm Finnish and love still means something in here while in US the word has lost it's meaning.

17. lionqueen macrumors 6502

Right. Finlands got it all figured out, while not one person in the US knows what love is. Gotcha.

18. Simoquasimo macrumors member

You didn't get my point.

19. Manta-X macrumors member

I had the 3G, then the 4 and now the 5. I have loved all them with passion haha

20. Vihzel macrumors 6502

21. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

Source?

22. Azzin macrumors 68040

For me, it's the best phone I have ever owned.

23. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I'm also a super fan of my new toy. I came from the 4S 32 to the 5 32 and really like the faster speed and the lightness. I totally like that it feels like a toy with still all the power underneath.

As for the Maps app, I live in NH and for me the Google app wasn't really accurate here. The best map app in my opinion is Motion X.