Anyone else missed the pre-ordered & is waiting 2-3 weeks?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bullseyetech, Mar 17, 2012.

1. bullseyetech macrumors member

bullseyetech

Missed the pre-orders now it's going to take 25 days to arrive *sigh*.

Just wondering if anyone has done the same thing as me?

2. Anlino macrumors member

Since I live in Sweden, I'll have to wait to next Friday before I can even order it. Remains to be seen how long I'll have to wait before it arrives.

3. bullseyetech thread starter macrumors member

bullseyetech

Yeah, with the $100 billion in the bank you would think Apple would make enough to sell but it creates hype I guess for them

4. OSMac macrumors 65816

Why not just buy in store, seems to be stock everywhere?

5. Rogue. macrumors regular

This!

6. TC25 macrumors 68020

Because some people would rather whine, complain and take cheap shots.

7. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

Yep. From what I can tell, if you live in the US there's no reason to wait for a pre-order. Lots of stock at the Apple store, Best Buy and Target.

8. erpetao macrumors regular

I was like that, then Thursday night John Lewis started selling online at 00:01, I ordered one for delivery Saturday, and cancelled my Apple store order.

I should be arriving soon...

9. Skunkape123 macrumors member

yea definitely check out local stores.

i had a pre order set to ship on the 19th and receive it on the 22nd.

Was able to walk into the apple store in my area at 5pm and get one with no issue. no line.

cancelled my pre order shortly after

10. arcangel6 macrumors regular

arcangel6

I ordered my 64g Verizon LTE iPad on March 15, the Apple status says:

Ships: Apr 5
    Delivers Apr 11

I'm in no rush, my iPad 2 is doing just fine.

Joe

11. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Because not everyone lives in the States where this is an option. Here in Japan, for example, NO ONE has any stock of anything other than 16GB iPads - not the Apple Store(s), electronics retailers, the mobile phone company who sells both 4G and wifi units, etc. So as much as I'd like to walk into a store and buy one, I can't.

Here, see for yourself: http://reserve.apple.com/WebObjects/ProductReservation.woa/wo/10.0.1.0.1.3.0.7.1.10.9

12. ckc macrumors regular

Certainly on the south coast of the UK this morning many of the stores have the new iPads in stock. Comet have all models and most of the mobile network stores have them for sale.

There seems to be a lot less interest in the new model than there was on the iPad2. Personally I cannot see any new features I need in the new model that make my iPad2 less usuable.

13. remcal macrumors newbie

I do not agree, I went yesterday to Apple Store at Ginza, and they had on stock all the iPad Wi-Fi versions (16,32,64), which you could buy immediately. I did not check LTE versions, but I suppose they had them as well. I did buy one. And then canceled my order of iPad which was supposed to be delivered in 3 weeks.

14. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

OK, well now I'm even more annoyed. Why the heck does their website say they don't have any at all? :mad:

I wonder what my chances of snagging one tomorrow or Monday would be .. ;)

15. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Just checked the reservation page (reservations for the following day start at 9pm - I checked at precisely 9:00) and both Tokyo Apple Stores show zero 64GB wifi units available, but stock of both 16GB and 32GB. It's been like this at every store I've checked since Friday (three SoftBank shops, two Bic Cameras, two Yodobashi Cameras and one Nojima) ... So it looks like Apple either underestimated Japanese demand or are intentionally screwing us. :rolleyes:

16. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I know you are not but people in the USA who are waiting for their preorder need to go to their local apple sore as they have lots of stock.

17. bullseyetech thread starter macrumors member

bullseyetech

Guys, check this website for the folks in the UK - ipad-stock.co.uk

It tells you the latest stock levels in major retailers and thanks to the site I've got a white 64GB White Wi-fi tomorrow.

It's the best chance you've got instead of waiting 2-3 weeks

18. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

I called Best Buy in my area at 5:00 pm on Saturday. Asked if they had a white 32gb Verizon, yep they still had a few. I went and picked one up, the counter girl said they over bought this time, but not in my mind.

19. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

I found myself in kind of the same situation tbh, I WAS going to cancel my iPad order since on the 16th they pushed back the delivery date to the 27th instead of the 21st. When I spoke to customer service they offered expedited shipping AND $45.00 rebate on my cover....

So I have expedited shipping on my ATV and my iPad and I just noted recently that the delivered by date has been returned to 21-22. So, I just couldn't turn down free money!! I will wait :D

20. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

I guess you could say I got lucky, I dismissed pre ordering from apple and went straight to John Lewis online store, bought my 32gb wifi on the night before release day for local pick up on the Saturday:D added bonus, they offer two year warranty as opposed to apples one year! So it was win win.

For the last few years ive been reading the horror stories on here when it comes to apple product launches and people not getting the service they expected.

Another thing you will never catch me doing, is queuing days in advance for any mass produced product:p unless my life or loved ones depended on it.

21. HeySamantha macrumors member

Yes and no. Mine says it'll ship on tomorrow, but it actually shipped on Friday night. It moved twice but is stil in China. My delivery is March 23 but I feel like it'll show up before that, for some reason.

22. PanAm-L1011 macrumors 6502

Never believe what's on the websites. Stores often get multiple shipments throughout the day. I got both my iPad 1 and iPad 2, without waiting in line, the day after the launch by milling around downtown and checking a few times.

23. connoisseur macrumors member

The best buy where I live had plenty in stock I just walked it and was able to buy it

24. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S (64GB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

I guess it's worth a shot ... I can hit the Apple Store and two or three retailer in one fell swoop ... :)

25. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

Retail stores went big this time after ipad2. I picked a 32gb 4g yesterday at 5:00pm and my sister in another state just got the same model a few hours ago.

Edit. Typing sucks on a iPad lol