Anyone Else Not Happy About Mission Control?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Rlnplehshalo, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Rlnplehshalo macrumors regular

I liked and used spaces quite regulary, but with lion its taken that away and replaced it with a slower, more complicated interface. I used to be able to flick to another desktop and view them all as a collage.

I'm really quite dissapointed. Lion seams more of a 'Windows Vista' for the mac world.

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I'm Not A fan

I don't like it much either, but seldom have the need to use it....What really bugged me at first was getting used to the gestures using my MM, for about a week I kept accidentally tapping to mission control.

Got it tamed now, but CAN'T use my trackball at all, I guess I have not really given it a proper chance....Tried it for a day, and went back to the comfort zone of my MM :)

3. Foogoofish macrumors regular

Foogoofish

To be honest a few things that I love about mac I did not love to begin with. I have been using them for 11 years now, and I find that it is not always obvious where they are going with certain features.

Granted, MobileMe was a disaster and it is leading to iCloud, but when you look at Mission Control, does it not scream touch screen PC to you? I know there is the iPad etc. but this added functionality really opens them up to bring touch screen into the home, in an iMac for example. I am not saying I like it - I am still using SL partly because of it - but being able to bring iOS and OS X together really lets Apple start to debut the idea of the 1 operating system that is sure to come in the next 5-10, as more ways of interacting with computers (inc iPad/iPhone) come into play.

Who knows what the people at Apple are dreaming up!

4. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

If there was the ability to manually move and organise spaces/full screen apps then it would be near enough perfect for me. However, due to the lack of this function, it is far from perfect and horribly frustrating to use.

5. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

There will be no Touch Screen Mac, as Steve said. It's not comfortable to use.

I can't see how Mission Control is any more touch-friendly than Spaces. I mean, you could just drag Spaces around with your finger if it were a touch screen. In Mission Control, you can't even do that! How is arranging spaces in a linear fashion more touch-friendly than a grid? And how is the inability to drag windows from one space to the other (other than from the current space), and the tiny thumbnails at the top which do not reveal their contents touch friendly at all?

6. Foogoofish macrumors regular

Foogoofish

Mr Jobs says a lot of things will never happen. You could have something along the lines of:

Bring up mission control

Tap the grouped app's windows

They expand like Expose used to, and then you select your window.

And even if it's not an iMac in the conventional sense, or even a monitor like that, didn't everyone say the iPad (or the tablet to be precise) would never work as a business strategy for a computer / electronics company to follow?

I don't like it either, but let's never say never!