Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samiznaetekto

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2009
Some screen protectors are quite expensive, and they could be easily scratched. Anyone else not using a cheap screen protector on their more expensive screen protector on their iPad?

I use 7 layers of protectors to protect my precious iPad and each progressively more expensive protector, with the top layer being just a grocery bag.

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
Some screen protectors are quite expensive, and they could be easily scratched. Anyone else not using a cheap screen protector on their more expensive screen protector on their iPad?

I use 7 layers of protectors to protect my precious iPad and each progressively more expensive protector, with the top layer being just a grocery bag.

To avoid rubbing off the oleophobic coating I avoid touching the touchscreen...
To avoid degrading the battery I always leave my iPad plugged in.
To avoid image retention I never turn it on.
To avoid damage I never take it out of its box.
So that I can sell it for the greatest amount I haven't taken the shrink-wrap off.

;)

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
To avoid rubbing off the oleophobic coating I avoid touching the touchscreen...
To avoid degrading the battery I always leave my iPad plugged in.
To avoid image retention I never turn it on.
To avoid damage I never take it out of its box.
So that I can sell it for the greatest amount I haven't taken the shrink-wrap off.

;)

You joke, but that's probably not far from the truth for some people. Especially on here!

sixrom

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2013
Perhaps I'm just lucky, but I never use screen protectors. I buy my tech gear to enjoy. The tactile pleasure and accuracy of touching, swiping and experiencing Apples terrific Oleophobic coating is wonderful.

After loads of iPhones, iPads, all used without a screen protector, I'm not going to change. Not one has ended up with the smallest of scratch or blemish. I find them all quite durable if taken care of and cleaned frequently.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
No screen protector here. The glass looks much nicer and feels smoother. Installing a screen protector on an iPad seems like a pain.

No damage here. Maybe there are a few micro scratches when viewed directly in the sunlight, but I don't care.

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
Never used a screen protector on any of my iOS devices. Never had a scratch. Always use a case with a screen cover. Never lay my devices down where they might pick up sand or dirt that would scratch.

Brittany246

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2013
I think it'd be a waste of time to put a screen protector on my ipad since I put it in a sleeve any time I take it anywhere. The screen will probably never get the chance to get scratched. It would make more sense to put a screen protector on a phone because it might be in your pocket or a bag with keys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.