Anyone else scared that some idiot employee will lose your unlimited data plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WiiDSmoker, Jun 11, 2010.

1. WiiDSmoker macrumors 65816

WiiDSmoker

The countdown to the new iPhone 4 is ticking away and I plan on keeping my unlimited data plan until they can take it away from my cold dead hands, but I'm honestly very worried that some stupid employee is either going to give the sales pitch of switching data plans to be "cheaper" or they are going to do something where I lose my unlimited data plan.

I'm worried sick about this and I just want to get that day over with.

2. Shark131 macrumors member

3. tahoeroscoe macrumors regular

tahoeroscoe

I wouldn't say very worried but I am concerned and I plan on verifyingg my voice and data plan before I leave the store

4. Brymo macrumors regular

Same here. This has crossed my mind multiple times.

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Always the beancounters, which should be turned into chili as soon as possible.

Before they decide that saving $5/month per employee is a good idea.

6. iphone1027 macrumors 6502

I would assume so, since YOU will be the one picking the plan; no one else.:D

7. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

I'm sure they have account change logs they can pull up... it would be a hassle, but after some screaming on the phone, you'll probably get your data plan back, and get some credit towards your next bill.

8. Built macrumors 68020

Yes, I plan to check, double-check, and check again to ensure that I still have unlimited data.

9. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I can't believe I actually considered downgrading to one of the tiered plans, even IF it was for only a few minutes.

I had this exact same thought. I will be sure to tell whomever activates my phone *before* they even begin the process that I will be keeping my unlimited data.

10. elephunkman macrumors 65816

I would want $5/month for the next 24 months credited to me :)

11. Rubey81 macrumors member

I do hope after pre-ordering mine off Apple's site on the 15th and getting it delivered it will be as easy as hooking it up to itunes and there just being a check box of keep current data plan or something like that.

Here's to hoping I guess.:)

12. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Not the type of problem to get sick over....concerned yes, sick no!

13. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

If someone has unlimited and has no complaints about the unlimited...why would a SALES person pitch something lower?? Isn't the goal to make money??

If you're doing it in store, there's a print out at the end you sign to verify the changes made to the account...read and make sure it says UNLIMITED

14. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

If anyone can FIU, it will be someone from AT&T.

15. Bloake macrumors 6502

Bloake

Yea, but I seriously never crossed the 1GB threshold, so it wouldn't be a big loss. I just like knowing the fact that I don't have any limits.

16. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

I'm certain ATT has incentivized the reduced data plan. Being on the hook for less data and being able to charge for overages? That is where the money is.

17. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Im going to print out all necessary documents that prove people can keep unlimited data and take it on the 24th.

18. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

19. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

yes.
    Because all the employee has to say is the customer requested the change.

20. Built macrumors 68020

All the more reason to pre-order and have it delivered to your home.

21. butters149 macrumors 6502

i would recommend asking for the employee name and employee ID #.

22. iphone1027 macrumors 6502

LOL, hey I hope the same thing.:D
    Only time will tell.

23. Corruptitudes macrumors regular

Im very much scared of this. It doesnt help much when I have already been through this scenario.

2 years ago when the Iphone 3g came out, I had a grandfathered text messaging plan with ATT that was 50 text a month for 2 bucks a month. My wife and I dont text that much and it met our needs and was cheaper then paying the horrendous charges they charge for not having a plan. We bought my wife the 3g, and they asked if we wanted to upgrade text plans or anything. We said no and they said ok.

Fast forward a month when I get my bill. I had no text plan on her line. It had been removed. And was removed the day we got her Iphone. I screamed and hollered about losing the plan and wanting it back. I went up the chain to a manager, and their manager. I couldnt get it added back because it was no longer in the system. You see once a grandfathered plan is "grandfathered" they remove it out of the system that no matter what no one can add it back. Sure I got a new text plan, 200 texts for 5 bux a month, and several months of credit...but I still lost the plan. Simply due to the fact they cant add it back.

Now the unlimited data plan has been "grandfathered". If they remove it, even by "accident" they wont be able to put it back on as they have removed it from the system. I will be ordering my wifes 4g phone through Apple.com in hopes that I avoid this mess. However I have another monkey wrench. That same rep who botched this up screwed up our upgrade plans at the time. They used my upgrade instead of hers to upgrade her 3g. She bought me a 3gs in december for Christmas, and used her upgrade to upgrade mine. So now I have to use my upgrade to upgrade her phone since her 3g is on its last legs. I fear of problems but I will be avoiding any humans at att like the plague. I wish I had an apple store here...

24. Built macrumors 68020

That's a sobering story, and one many of us can envision.

I guess...forewarned is forearmed.

Sorry this happened to you...I know most of us can identify.

25. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

I'm doing the radioshack trade in and actually have been worried about this. I don't really see people from radioshack as very professional and they are really more a reseller so who knows what might happen :S