Anyone else still on/ happy with 4.1 JB?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MrThompsonR, Feb 5, 2011.

1. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

I had been waiting for the "untethered" JB for 4.2.1 on Windows/ (for what seems like a long time?) I didn't upgrade from 4.1. IOS4.0 made my iP3G almost unusable, so I waited until I knew a JB was near before buying a iP4. Now that its here, I had to go back to Apple's web page to refresh myself on the new features added in 4.2.1. To be honest, most are useless/ unimportant to me? Am I missing something? I already use an app/ service called Cylay that will help me find/ wipe my phone if needed... I've never felt a need to print something from my phone and I don't own or plan to by an Apple TV so "Airplay" doesn't interest me. The other tweaks seemed pretty minor too... New Text "tones", changing fonts in Notes? Maybe I'll just wait for 4.3, though MyWi already covers the rumored WiFi hot spot addition? My phone is pretty stable and I'm happy with it now, so for me, for now..."If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

2. klamse25 macrumors 6502a

klamse25

I couldn't agree more.
    I'm staying on it until 4.3 comes out. :cool:

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Im cool with 4.1
    If I got time later this week I might go up to 4.2.1 but having to reinstall all my JB stuff will be a pain.
    Im going to maintain my unlockable bb and go thru all the hoops just for "FindMyiPhone" I guess:D
    I agree with the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach though:)

4. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I'm still on 4.0. Apple hasn't introduced anything that makes me want to upgrade, re-jailbreak, and re-install all my tweaks that I know work perfectly.

5. mytakeontech macrumors 6502a

Glad you know what you want. Many don't.

6. klamse25 macrumors 6502a

klamse25

Not even Game Center? :confused:
    Haha I kid!

7. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

I'm still on 1.1.2 :p

But yeah I'm fine with 4.1......

8. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

4.1 is perfect for me.
    I was lucky in that I jumped on the 4.2.1, loosing my jailbrake but assumed it would happen quick enough.
    Wrong. Fast forward three months and when my iPhone4 had issues that even Apple couldn't fix they replaced it. The replacement? 4.1! I swore I'd never upgrade again without a confirmed jailbrake already up and running. Going 3+months without Cydia was painful. I know... I know. . . not passing a kidney stone painful, but uncomfortable nonetheless.

9. svenn macrumors 6502

Still happy with 4.0 as well. Not sure what I'm missing, though, I'm not sure I want to know.

10. allisfair macrumors member

i'm sticking w/ 4.1 too.

4.1 had some nice additions/fixes that i think is worth upgrading to from 4.0. some that come to mind are proximity sensor fix, full avrcp bt controls, hdr pics, hd video uploading, and some others that i can't think of now since the above are the ones i use.

11. err404 macrumors 68020

I updated to 4.2.1 and regret it. There are a handful of little bugs and generally slower performance. By the time these are worked out, 4.3 will be out. The current expected time frame for 4.3 is next week (based on AT&T announcement to allow wifi hotspots beginning Feb 13).

12. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

am happy jb'd on 4.1. everything works, and no functionality that i am missing (yet...).

will wait for 4.3, see how things go.

as a former updating addict, this is a tough one, but am REALLY HAPPY with my iphone experience, and not ready to mess it up..!

13. bkingtu83 macrumors member

agree 100%

im on 4.1 and 4.2.1 just doesnt look appealing to upgrade to. i have the custom messenger tones thru biteSMS and i create my own ringtones. only thing i hate is that im on BB 2.10 so i cant unlock (got into the jailbreak scene after 4.1 was released). but im on AT&T so i really could care less. just want to unlock to increase the value for re-sale when iphone 5 comes out :D

14. noiceT macrumors 6502a

It's a daily effort to not update to 4.2.1 with all the jb news flying all over the place ^^''' But I'm soldiering on with 4.1:D

Only reason for me to upgrade would actually be so I could maybe get my phone replaced because of that semi irritating "sticky home button".

But then I would have to also upgrade my BB as well..

15. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

16. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

17. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

Happy on 4.1 Here. I did update to 4.2 but could not stand the tethered jailbreak so I downgraded. My battery life is excellent, couldn't ask for better performance. Find my iphone is a plus, but since it barely leaves my grubby little paws I guess it doesn't really matter.

18. AnotherBrian macrumors regular

Pkgbackup

I used Pkgbackup when I went to 4.2.1 and it worked great, had all my jailbreak app back and in the same folder with a click of the button. It even gets all the themes and ringtones you downloaded. The only thing it didn't do was activate the theme I had on at the time. All my Activator setting were still there and my infi dock was set up the same way I left it.

It was the easy setup after a jailbreak I have ever done, just sync and restore in iTunes and restore with PKGBackup. I think PKGBackup has had some updates and does a lot better job.

19. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Yes. I really want to see a 4.3 JB before I update. The hotspot feature + unlimited data = complete awesomeness. :D

20. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Yep, got everything working exactly how I like it. Waiting for a nice solid 4.3 JB before I consider upgrading.

21. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Also happy and JB on 4.1!

What goodies is 4.3 promising then?

22. oglock macrumors member

i love the feature on 4.2.1 where you can search for words on webpages

23. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Thats keeping with the thread title isn't it :rolleyes:

24. Justinb51 macrumors 6502

Justinb51

I wasnt going to upgrade because I didnt want to have to install all my stuff back on the phone. I found instructions on how to back up all of your cydia stuff, settings, apps, tweeks etc. So I decided to give it a try. I had to mess with the instructions a bit but got it to work. it didnt take my any time at all to get all my stuff back on my iphone, so now i am happy that i upgraded! I also posted the instructions in a new thread for all to use...
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1092698
    if interested.

25. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Yep, very happy with my 4.1 jailbroken iPhone4 and will not be upgrading to 4.2.1 (iBooks doesn't work) and will only upgrade to 4.3 when there's a jb that supports all applications. There was a big benefit to upgrading my wifi only iPad to 4.2.1, but there's nothing in 4.2.1 for the iPhone4 for me. I don't do a lot of searching of web pages.:D