Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
I don't see what it is doing that is so unique....as far as listening to almost any song out there when you want, YouTube already serves that function. And it's free, no ads. Pandora seems much more useful, as it finds new music for you that suits your taste

Eddie Bombay

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2011
I don't see what it is doing that is so unique....as far as listening to almost any song out there when you want, YouTube already serves that function. And it's free, no ads. Pandora seems much more useful, as it finds new music for you that suits your taste

Your crazy, Spotify is amazing.

DodgeV83

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012

YouTube audio quality is horrible, you won't find the entire album, or less popular songs, and you need an Internet connection. There are more negatives, but that should be enough.

EmbraceTheOne

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2011

Spotify is great because you can listen to entire albums. Continuously.

BiggAW

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Connecticut
Youtube and Pandora are different services. However, I am going to be subscribing to MOG. It has a much better looking piece of software, it has music discovery functionality, and it has higher bitrate music on the desktop.

HeyGreggie

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2011

Sounds like you are too cheap to pay the $9.99 a month for premium.

Spotify is great. Main reason why I dont put much music on my iphone.

benaq

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2012
I always get flac albums then transcode myself to v0 for my iPhone. I don't really have a need for Spotify.

Pinkie Pie

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2012
Los Angeles
Using MOG means I can carry all of the music in the world on my phone and listen to exactly what I want, whenever I want, without having to use up my valuable and limited storage space. :D

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010
When I'm working if I have a song I want to hear I'll go to youtube and pull it up. I'm working so have no need for CD quality music. I don't use it as an every day listening option but for those split second I wanna hear it now moments why not?

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
Pandora is just a collection of crappy b-sides and compilation versions of songs. Spotify is the best thing I've found yet. If only you didn't have to pay extra for the mobile version (which I don't).

Eddie Bombay

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2011
If you have an Android device their is an app in the black market called Droidify (I'm sure installus probably has one similar) where you can listen to Spotify on your mobile device without having to get premium.

I haven't been able to Jailbreak my iPad 5.1 yet do haven't really looked into an app like Droidify.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
I remember when I was young, getting money from the cash point, taking it to HMV, buying an album soley based off seeing one song on TV, walking home and putting the cd in....

Yeah, Spotify is amazing, and free.

You have it good :)

LoloBond

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2011
Spotify is good but suffer from a cache problem that developers don't want do deal with it. Spotify builds cache like any other app but Spotify cache keeps growing to the point where you have to remove the app and re-install (Spotify provided this as the only soultion) I had like 20 song saved and Spotify was taking 5gb.

After many emails and looking here http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-iOS-iPhone-iPod-Touch/Clear-Cache-Button-Needed/m-p/34961#M1285

I end up cancelling the service and went with Rdio. Wow Rdio what a difference no cache problems, waaaaaaaay better interface, no need to install anything on your computer to use it, Beautiful Ipad app ( Spotify doesn't have Ipad app) Rdio is the eay to go. :D

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
I deleted my spotify account awhile ago.

They gave me nothing that I didn't already have, for free.

No point in having it. Plus not to mention the poor service I was getting. It would come out of a commercial into silence, and then stay there. Had to restart the app.

Again, I already had everything it could give me. I saw no point in its redundancy.

BiggAW

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Connecticut
Using MOG means I can carry all of the music in the world on my phone and listen to exactly what I want, whenever I want, without having to use up my valuable and limited storage space. :D

I look at it the other way around. I'm going to be using the caching feature, as I have 64GB of local space, and I can refresh it daily or weekly, but only 2GB of mobile bandwidth.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008

Let me know how that works out for you with no data connection.

MassiveAttack

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2010
New York
Spotify without a doubt is an Amazing music service. Pandora on the other hand is sub par with horrendous music. You get what you pay for, Pandora you pay for nothing and you get less than nothing.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Spotify without a doubt is an Amazing music service. Pandora on the other hand is sub par with horrendous music. You get what you pay for, Pandora you pay for nothing and you get less than nothing.
I disagree. I love Pandora and find that with a little bit of attention a user-created station can be pretty fantastic.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
I love my Spotify rarely use pandora any more. I have the premium service as part of my entertainment budget. However feel free to think what you like. pandora is cool but it's often totally lost on my music taste.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.