Anyone else think the text notification banner is ugly?

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
It was so much slicker before, now it's this brown bar with an ugly tab. Prob the least stylish design I've seen from them.

juanrp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2014
Florida
I'm not sure what's wrong with it, I think it looks fine. Maybe it's the transparency and your wallpaper??

iOS 7 is nice, and the text banner fits in just fine.

jonblatho

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2014
Missouri
It was so much slicker before, now it's this brown bar with an ugly tab. Prob the least stylish design I've seen from them.
Uh, would you please provide a screenshot so we can take a guess at how you're getting a "brown bar with an ugly tab"? You can iMessage yourself (quickly exit the app after hitting Send) if you don't want to show an actual ongoing conversation.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Uh, would you please provide a screenshot so we can take a guess at how you're getting a "brown bar with an ugly tab"? You can iMessage yourself (quickly exit the app after hitting Send) if you don't want to show an actual ongoing conversation.
I just did it, my mistake I guess it is translucent black I never noticed. It always looks brown, maybe it's the app I'm in. I still really don't like the tab which was the main thing I thought was ugly.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Why doesn't he provide a screenshot? This is getting old.

Oh, hi, TH55!
Read above, I corrected myself. It is apparently appearing brown bc of the background. My main gripe with it, the tab, still remains.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
Read above, I corrected myself. It is apparently appearing brown bc of the background. My main gripe with it, the tab, still remains.
We could still use a screenshot, or is that something else your iPhone sucks at?

Seriously, though, we could use a screenshot. I don't even understand what the "tab" is.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
We could still use a screenshot, or is that something else your iPhone sucks at?

Seriously, though, we could use a screenshot. I don't even understand what the "tab" is.
I post from my phone so it is a huge pain in the ass to upload a pic to an image hosting service and then write the markup. Do you really need a screenshot? It looks the same as yours, the tab I am referring to is the small silver thing in the center on the bottom of the banner.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
I post from my phone so it is a huge pain in the ass to upload a pic to an image hosting service and then write the markup. Do you really need a screenshot? It looks the same as yours, the tab I am referring to is the small silver thing in the center on the bottom of the banner.
I do almost everything from my phone, and upload photos all the time. It takes no time at all.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Color aside it's annoying how notifications cover up the top portion of the screen. Generally when I need to tap something up there.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
I do almost everything from my phone, and upload photos all the time. It takes no time at all.
How do you do it?

----------

Color aside it's annoying how notifications cover up the top portion of the screen. Generally when I need to tap something up there.
Yes I've had that issue...there should be a tweak that let's you dismiss it or it should push the screen down like it used to when you had a call.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
How do you do it?

I use tapatalk. I paid 1.99 I think a LONG time ago for unlimited uploads. Since I view these forums from the app it's really really easy. Just tap the picture button, select the image from my camera roll and upload. Tapatalk host the image.

If you want to upload a lot of pics to forums is highly recommend it.

You can also host images from Dropbox.

----------

How do you do it?

----------

Yes I've had that issue...there should be a tweak that let's you dismiss it or it should push the screen down like it used to when you had a call.

You can swipe them up and away but if I'm getting a ton of notifications (group messages) it's insanely annoying.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Probably disabling them might be the better way to go in that case. Doesn't seem like there would be a better way to notify beyond that (unless we are talking about LED notifications or perhaps status bar notifications).