Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lewisd25

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
I want a brown leather strap similar to this? Do you think it would look good on a space gray sport? I know for sure it will look good on the aluminum sport.

I think it would look fine. Most of the black ceramic Panerai watches have brown leather straps, and they look great.

Mascots

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
I want a brown leather strap similar to this? Do you think it would look good on a space gray sport? I know for sure it will look good on the aluminum sport.

I will be getting the Space Grey Sport and pairing it with that band :cool:

Personally, I love to mix black hardware with brown leather so this was a no brainer for me.

tgwaste

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
The adapter I'm really waiting for is lightning to watch so I dont have to plug in two separate cables. :/

Multiverse223

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2015
I'd be testing any 'adapters' for quality, and durability if I were you. Some of the ones I've seen have an absolutely tiny bar that the band is supposed to wrap around. Will really suck when this bar breaks and your $349-$1000 watch falls off your wrist and the screen breaks.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
I totally get people wanting to get the adaptor to have more band choices as well as purchase inexpensive ones too. I'll be honest,I'm buying a SS 42mm Apple watch with leather band.......and I'm not sure if I'd feel comfortable jogging,hiking with a 6.00 adaptor with my 700.00 watch. But that's just me.

Have you ever worn a regular watch while doing such activities? Did you worry about the watch while doing so? If not why? An adapter will do nothing but 1.connect in the same exact way an apple band will connect 2. connect your band to the adapter in the same exact way as it would on a traditional watch.....

Now why is it you wouldn't trust your watch to a "6.00" adapter?

I'd be testing any 'adapters' for quality, and durability if I were you. Some of the ones I've seen have an absolutely tiny bar that the band is supposed to wrap around. Will really suck when this bar breaks and your $349-$1000 watch falls off your wrist and the screen breaks.
How do you think watch bands attach to traditional watches? What "tiny bar" are you talking about? the pin itself? Yes most watches use a pin of some type to attach the band to the watch. IF you're talking about the part that slides into the watch itself why would you be fearful of that? Please clarify.

Last edited:

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Wait. I thought the whole idea of the band interface was this huge revolutionary thing? Now we are trying to take it back to the standard?

I don't think there will be any adapters that don't look awkward. Also, Apple surely has patented the system and will sue any unlicensed bands and accessories out of existence.

How will it look awkward? Will it not look like the Apple leather band, and the modern buckle? The band is connected by a pin, but on the Apple one it's made into the piece that connects to the watch. The adapters will allow for the pin to come out to put whatever band you would like. I don't see how this is a bad thing. I think Apple thought they had some huge revolutionary thing, but they priced the straps so high, it's hard for people to buy more than one.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
No need to worry as there will be thousands of 3rd party band available.

Based on what? And how do we know these will be nice bands worth owning? It will be tough to know without being able to try it on but how will that be possible? I doubt Apple, even if they stock 3rd party bands, will let you take them out of the case and try them on. The only way I see them doing that is if they partner with outside firms on bands and have them in their watch case (or other retail stores). But don't expect them to be cheap.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Based on what? And how do we know these will be nice bands worth owning? It will be tough to know without being able to try it on but how will that be possible? I doubt Apple, even if they stock 3rd party bands, will let you take them out of the case and try them on. The only way I see them doing that is if they partner with outside firms on bands and have them in their watch case (or other retail stores). But don't expect them to be cheap.

You will not know.:eek:

It will take some time but the 3rd party people selling good bands will be touted here along with the one selling the crappy bands.

And NO, I do not think Apple will be stocking these 3rd party bands.

You will need to buy what Apple offers and if you do not like it, there will be options from others. The good one will not be cheap because Apple's are not cheap either. It will be just like iPhone cases, there are good and bad.

It would be funny if Apple has made the watch so that only THEIR bands will work!:eek:

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
You will not know.:eek:

It will take some time but the 3rd party people selling good bands will be touted here along with the one selling the crappy bands.

And NO, I do not think Apple will be stocking these 3rd party bands.

You will need to buy what Apple offers and if you do not like it, there will be options from others. The good one will not be cheap because Apple's are not cheap either. It will be just like iPhone cases, there are good and bad.

It would be funny if Apple has made the watch so that only THEIR bands will work!:eek:

I don't doubt eventually there will be nice 3rd party bands. But I think those expecting nice, high quality but cheap bands will be in for a rude awakening. Anything that looks nice and is good quality won't be cheap. I doubt we'll see $99 link bracelets that come close to matching Apple's quality.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I don't doubt eventually there will be nice 3rd party bands. But I think those expecting nice, high quality but cheap bands will be in for a rude awakening. Anything that looks nice and is good quality won't be cheap. I doubt we'll see $99 link bracelets that come close to matching Apple's quality.

Like I said the good 3rd party bands, and there will be some, will cost the most. You can bet there will be many who will try to cash in on the band thing

Phillybizzle

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2014
I'm just beginning to realise that the only band I actually like is the link bracelet but there's no way I'm paying that much for it.

I'm going to go SS sport and wait for an adaptor so I can put a nice looking band on there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.