Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
thanks! that doesn't solve the lag to save issue, but I certainly helps with the sweaty swiping. I love Force Touch, but holy hell is it not intuitive.
The good thing about force touch is that you can't get lost with it. Worst that can happen is that you go back to what you were doing.

It should automatically save, too, if you put your hand back down after ending the workout.

mooninite

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2013
Its not for everyone but I personally like using my watch in public and showing it off. Ill purposefully take it out when I don't need it to show it off. I get a lot of questions and compliments on it.

That's kind of weird. Pretty narcissistic.

douglasf13

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
Oh my god!!! I seem to have a man bun then too. But I have this hair style for more than a decade now. Does this make me patient zero?

No kidding, me too. I must admit though, when I go to a coffee shop with my MacBook, my white headphones, my apparently "in style" hairdo, and now an Apple Watch, I start wondering if it's all gotten out of hand. LOL That's when I start getting a little self conscience...and I'm in freakin' Portland! :eek:

Reactions: artfossil

mooninite

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2013
No kidding, me too. I must admit though, when I go to a coffee shop with my MacBook, my white headphones, my apparently in style hairdo, and now an Apple Watch, I start wondering if it's all gotten out of hand. LOL That's when I start getting a little self conscience about the Watch...and I'm in freakin' Portland! :eek:

Hipster!

Reactions: douglasf13

mooninite

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2013
No kidding. The funny thing is, what people would call a "hipster" in much of the country is basically just a "guy," here. Real hipsters here look like they're from the 1890s.

I try not to judge based on looks but it inevitably happens. I'm surrounded by liberal beta-males all the time.

douglasf13

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
I try not to judge based on looks but it inevitably happens. I'm surrounded by liberal beta-males all the time.

That's an interesting way of looking at it. I guess I'm probably more of the liberal alpha-male variety. LOL

Last edited:

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
Walk into the gym, raise my wrist to start a workout using the workout app, and I just stand there, with my wrist in the air, like an idiot while the application loads, then for the watch to registers my finger pushes and then the app starts a workout. A good 15-25 seconds pass by..

Raise to respond to a text?.... I've stopped using the watch for anything other than a watch due to the fact that I look like a clown just standing there waiting for my watch to catch up. And these are Apples OWN native apps. I can understand if I was using Google Maps or something. But WOW.. This thing sucks. If I had not gotten it for free, I would have returned this for sure. It makes for an awesome watch given its look and different faces. But besides telling me I have a new text (while simultaneously DRAINING my cellphones battery thanks to Bluetooth) when my phone is in my jeans or bag... This watch is proving less and less useful as time goes on.

Using Hey Siri, I'll spare the execution on this one and just not bother. But LMAO at this feature.
Honestly.... Thanks for the funny thread!

Others here, may give you a hard time cause that's what the apologists do, but I've been going to the gym daily year after year, part of my lifestyle since I was a kid, and nothing has ever caused the weird looks, as an Apple watch worn by an Apple show off. :D

mooninite

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2013
That's an interesting way of looking at it. I guess I'm probably more of the liberal alpha-male variety. LOL

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444688568.378861.jpg

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
I am in my 50's and have no idea what a man bun is. It that something like dreadlocks up and under a nylon cap? Man you make me feel even older.

Ha ha ha I'm 30 and had to google Man Bun! Damn those things ...

Love my AW for running, the gym and everywhere else - use it if you love it, don't if you hate it. Pretty simple

Reactions: artfossil

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Walk into the gym, raise my wrist to start a workout using the workout app, and I just stand there, with my wrist in the air, like an idiot while the application loads, then for the watch to registers my finger pushes and then the app starts a workout. A good 15-25 seconds pass by..

Raise to respond to a text?.... I've stopped using the watch for anything other than a watch due to the fact that I look like a clown just standing there waiting for my watch to catch up. And these are Apples OWN native apps. I can understand if I was using Google Maps or something. But WOW.. This thing sucks. If I had not gotten it for free, I would have returned this for sure. It makes for an awesome watch given its look and different faces. But besides telling me I have a new text (while simultaneously DRAINING my cellphones battery thanks to Bluetooth) when my phone is in my jeans or bag... This watch is proving less and less useful as time goes on.

Using Hey Siri, I'll spare the execution on this one and just not bother. But LMAO at this feature.
Sell it and get a nice watch mate, just buy a Garmin for exercise. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.