Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

utahman130

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
I love everything about my 6 plus except for one thing. My hands, especially my right, feel like they have arthritis constantly while using. Anyone else have the same problem?

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
No. Just no.

tumblr_m0hl4uDIeQ1qh2o7zo1_500.gif

:apple:

Navdakilla

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2011
Canada
Lol, shut this post down...

Android been on big screens for a whole now. Not am android fan? K fine what about the iPad before they had ios7 and split the keyboard in landscape?

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2011
Hand job with the 6+ needs to work muscles not previously used with smartphone use

:eek:

Billymac19

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2011
Phila, PA
I love everything about my 6 plus except for one thing. My hands, especially my right, feel like they have arthritis constantly while using. Anyone else have the same problem?

i was on that tmo thread the torment you put yourself thru, you better learn to deal with this pain and enjoy it!!!! haha...ps the plus is awesome!

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
Lol at this thread. Heck my hand hurt using the 5s and I have big hands. The 6 plus is to me no different as how my hand feels after using it for a long time. Sure it's bigger but no complaints here. Loving the plus. If it hurts your hand and return it and get the fun sized 6 :)

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Nope. My hand is thanking me for getting a phone without those annoying sharp edges and that little bitty screen where the fingers had to scrunch up to get anything done.

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013

In general, it's poor ergonomically. Either you have that now, or you'll eventually have it from using it.

I'd recommend doing hand exercises and stretches, and use the device less. The 6+ is worse than the 6 for it, but really none of them are good for your hands/wrists.

munkydust

macrumors member
May 2, 2010
My hand hurt after using an LG G3 for a while in the store after straining to reach everything. That's why I ended up not getting that and waiting for the 4.7" iPhone.

sallenthornton

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2014
I d notice the extra weight, but it's not too bad. The thinness of this design is appreciated. It makes it feel smaller than it is.

djrobx

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2007
I definitely notice the extra weight when holding it up to read it when I'm a passenger in a moving car. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
Clearly a matter of opinion. I have no problem using it primarily one handed with no strain.

Not really, but it's not a unique issue to the iPhone. Holding these devices as we do for extended periods is strenuous. The heavier and more cumbersome it becomes, the more this is exacerbated.

Sure, you may be doing it as safely as you can, and not notice anything now. But one day, it will. It isn't a natural way to rest the hand, wrists, or fingers. It's important to try to hold these devices in such a way that they feel very neutral.

None of us want these kinds of pains and problems later.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Not really, but it's not a unique issue to the iPhone. Holding these devices as we do for extended periods is strenuous. The heavier and more cumbersome it becomes, the more this is exacerbated.

Sure, you may be doing it as safely as you can, and not notice anything now. But one day, it will. It isn't a natural way to rest the hand, wrists, or fingers. It's important to try to hold these devices in such a way that they feel very neutral.

None of us want these kinds of pains and problems later.

You're an expert on ergonomics?

My comment stands. There's nothing particularly wrong with the size of the device. I have no strain using it whatsoever and plenty of people here share that experience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.