Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
And yet the Otterbox Symmetry 360 cover (pictured above) is not detachable. View attachment 2377111
Which for me, is a deal breaker.

I've enjoyed having the luxury of the detachable cover. I'm also not a fan of the foldable / triangle covers that have the screen side of the cover touching table surfaces.

It's those options I imagine is what makes the case more expensive, but options are great. ;)

I brought up the case because I believed that some who may find the case sold out, could have other options. If not, Otterbox seems to have "sold out" as a place holder for cases that are not available yet. Which would bring us back to the old game every Apple new device owner has faced, waiting for the "perfect" accessory for them that comes out later. Apple stores have symmetry cases for the previous model iPPs, so if one wants an Otterbox case bad enough now the Statement maybe an only option.

Last edited:
Reactions: asleep and chibamac

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007

I've enjoyed having the luxury of the detachable cover. I'm also not a fan of the foldable / triangle covers that have the screen side of the cover touching table surfaces.

It's those options I imagine is what makes the case more expensive, but options are great. ;)

I brought up the case because I believed that some who may find the case sold out, could have other options. If not, Otterbox seems to have "sold out" as a place holder for cases that are not available yet. Which would bring us back to the old game every Apple new device owner has faced, waiting for the "perfect" accessory for them that comes out later. Apple stores have symmetry cases for the previous model iPPs, so if one wants an Otterbox case bad enough now the Statement maybe an only option.
Yeah I’m finding placeholders on Amazon for yet to be in stock cases. Like that Otterbox one, and this Moko one that has no picture yet:

I used to like detachable covers when Apple made them, I’d buy a compatible back. But now I prefer the all-in-one cheapo tri-fold cases. One that protects the edges (and doesn’t have a pencil slot), hopefully with a soft TPU back instead of a hard shell. We’ll see what pops up.

Last edited:
Reactions: dabotsonline
I've had ESR iPad folios for two other iPads of mine. Even after four+ years of heavy use, they have not failed nor have they worn out.

I just bought this one (see link below) from Amazon for my iPad Pro 13" M4 2024...

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
Temporarily out of stock at $69.95, OtterBox Symmetry Series 360 Case for iPad Pro 11-inch (M4) - Thunderstorm (Black)

If the charge port is on the right side when the landscape camera/Face ID is at the top, then it appears the hinge side for the attached smart cover tri-fold flap would be on the bottom..?? holding it in the new normal landscape mode with Face ID camera on top? Not on the top side. 🫤

View attachment 2377058

Or am I confused here?
This looks good but you just can’t buy it.

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
As far as stand cases go, I would only get a case that attaches using the magnets. This was a major innovation for this type of gadget. The lack of side protection turns some people off, but doesn't bother me. Depends on use. This choice is easy.

So the cases I've seen in this thread I'll pass on. I may get the Apple folio. They seem to have improved it considerably. Along with the Apple Magic keyboard case for a whopping $350 (OMG. Tax is more than the cost some cases.)

Last edited:

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Take a look at these from Burton and from Nomad (iPad Pro 2024 coming)

I have the the current version of this case for my iPad Pro and according to the information below the description a versions of this for new iPad Pro is coming. It’s extremely thin a minimal. However I have owned several iPad cases from a company called Pad and Quill and Burton is the new version of this company. Pan and Quill was by far the best cases I have ever owned.

_lit_

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2024

Whelp, the Otterbox Statement Series case for M4 I bought online at Apple Store last week is quite detachable. That's what I was looking for, too.

Attachments

• IMG_0620.jpg
    IMG_0620.jpg
    592.8 KB · Views: 105

IT Troll

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2012
Edinburgh
Doesn’t seem to have a writing position just a stand with different angles but looks a quality case
I was wondering about that when I couldn't find any images of it in a typing position. I guess it would need a fold in front cover.

Speck has a folio case for the new iPads:
I've used their Balance Folio on a number a iPads and it works great. However, I really don't like the way they have implemented Pencil support. If you don't use a Pencil you are left with an oversized case with a gap along the edge.

technoholic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2016
Has anyone actually received an Otterbox Statement yet? I'm sad I can't use my blackrock kickstand magnetic attached back only "case" for the new iPad as this was perfect for me, a wide ranging kickstand only, which is all I want. They don't seem to make one (yet) for the M4 and the Statement seems the next best alternative, although it's a full case which I didn't really want. But I want to know if the stand has a full range of movement and if the hinge is stiff. I use my blackrock kickstand on planes as it allows it to nicely fit into the slot in the seatbacks and makes for the perfect "seat back" monitor, so I want to do that with the Otterbox but it needs a stiff hinge for that.

tempImagebff9FH.png

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Has anyone actually received an Otterbox Statement yet? I'm sad I can't use my blackrock kickstand magnetic attached back only "case" for the new iPad as this was perfect for me, a wide ranging kickstand only, which is all I want. They don't seem to make one (yet) for the M4 and the Statement seems the next best alternative, although it's a full case which I didn't really want. But I want to know if the stand has a full range of movement and if the hinge is stiff. I use my blackrock kickstand on planes as it allows it to nicely fit into the slot in the seatbacks and makes for the perfect "seat back" monitor, so I want to do that with the Otterbox but it needs a stiff hinge for that.

View attachment 2377389
Literally 3 posts above yours is someone who got one already, and on page 1 there is someone with two posts about the Statement. I've also ordered one as well for pickup with my new iPP. Obviously none of us can comment much about the case as we don't have iPPs to use them with yet. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

technoholic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2016
Literally 3 posts above yours is someone who got one already, and on page 1 there is someone with two posts about the Statement. I've also ordered one as well for pickup with my new iPP. Obviously none of us comment much about the case as we don't have iPPs to use them with. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah I should have read more thoroughly first as I did see those after, however none of those answer the question about the hinge which doesn't need the iPad to test.

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Yeah I should have read more thoroughly first as I did see those after, however none of those answer the question about the hinge which doesn't need the iPad to test.
I can only guess no one felt a need to test the hinges without the iPPs.

I myself didn't feel a need to go get my case yet from the Apple store, since I can pick it up along with the new iPP.

Come Wednesday you'll be swimming in reviews about cases, bags, iPads, hinges and more. 😂

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007

crypthick

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2023
I’ve just ordered an ESR one, had 15% off on uk Amazon page so seems a decent deal. If it’s no good I’ll return it. Would go with the Apple folio but no protection to the sides worries me.

Reactions: Jay-Jacob

_lit_

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2024

View attachment 2377389
Hinge is not stiff on the Statement.

Attachments

• IMG_0623.JPG
    IMG_0623.JPG
    361.1 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: asleep

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
My iPad is an around the house device mostly for media consumption and Lightroom editing, so my use case may be different. I think it comes down to do you want a keyboard or not. The screen cover isn’t really useful to me on the otterbox, so I like the Logitech more in that sense as I would use it sometimes probably. However, the pencil pop out storage is better on the otterbox Rather than just an open cutout. The stand is more solid on the otterbox it seems, but that’s just guessing based on empty cases. The Logitech weight is a lot more with the keyboard, so I would really never use it other than specific use cases.

The feeling of both cases is very similar. It’s a grippy silicon style material and both feel nice. I like the blue over the black, but that’s a small thing. I’m just going to have to see how they compare with the actual iPad. Is the keyboard worth an additional $140 is the question. I don’t think either should cost as much as they do, but it is what it is.

So, are my eyes deceiving me or is the Statement the same thickness as the Logitech that has a built in keyboard..??

_lit_

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2024
So, are my eyes deceiving me or is the Statement the same thickness as the Logitech that has a built in keyboard..??
The first and middle pic is not the currently available Statement. The Statement has a solid flap. The first and middle pic Otterbox has a creased flap. Only the third pic is the currently available Statement. The Statement I have was $89. They have a Statement Series Studio that has a stand, but it is $119.95 and is "Coming Soon"

Attachments

• IMG_0624.JPG
    IMG_0624.JPG
    232.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
The middle pic is not the Statement. The Statement has a solid flap. The middle pic Otterbox has a creased flap.
That is the Statement. It’s got the pencil drawer. That thing sticking up in middle photo is the stand on the back of the back shell.

That’s the only Otterbox Apple sells for the 2024s.

kae0003

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2012
World
The back shells are pretty close in depth, with maybe the statement being a little thiner, but the Logitech keyboard base is a bit thicker than the otter box. Overall they are not that big of a difference in size.

Reactions: asleep

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
The back shells are pretty close in depth, with maybe the statement being a little thiner, but the Logitech keyboard base is a bit thicker than the otter box. Overall they are not that big of a difference in size.
Thanks.

Moko don’t fail me now!

A0DC6EA6-1C0A-4D1C-A479-5C5A9AE72EB2.jpeg

Reactions: secretanchitman

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
I will be getting Zugu case for iPad but it not released yet and it is highly rated and on here too. This will be my first Zugu case. I have emailed them last night and they replied this morning saying they are waiting to get iPads first and see if compatible with current case and if not then they will make new case and release in USA June/July then Europe shortly after.

So at moment I be borrowing tablet sleeve from Dad and find cheap temp case somewhere when more available (choices limited at moment) and get cheap case until Zugu case released.
Thanks for the info. I swear by Zugu.

Reactions: carbphrek

technoholic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2016
Well my Otterbox Statement case arrived today. It's the most flimsy piece of s**t ever, for the price, £100, it's absolutely ridiculous. Compared to the £40 Black Rock kickstand, it's night and day difference. It's a shame because for a full coverage case with a kickstand, it's actually relatively thin but I can't justify paying £100 for this quality. I will have to try the Logitech Combo and just put the keyboard in a drawer, and see if that's any better

Reactions: rjruiz2 and asleep

chibamac

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2009
Well my Otterbox Statement case arrived today. It's the most flimsy piece of s**t ever, for the price, £100, it's absolutely ridiculous. Compared to the £40 Black Rock kickstand, it's night and day difference. It's a shame because for a full coverage case with a kickstand, it's actually relatively thin but I can't justify paying £100 for this quality. I will have to try the Logitech Combo and just put the keyboard in a drawer, and see if that's any better

That's bad news! I have one on order because there's not much to choose from at the moment. Hows the kickstand on the back? Does it offer multiple angles?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.