Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
Well ive been noseying round the usual places for a cool wallpaper that deserves the right to be on my desktop but so far i cant find anything cool enough!

So has anyone got a modern looking wallpaper (1920 x 1200) that maybe features the new apple black glossy logo and really does justice to the vibrant colours the new iMac produces?

I found one for when im in Windows via bootcamp and i would love a mac related equivalent for OS X.

The Windows one im using can be found at http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7206/vistaareowallpaperaurabjt3.png

Cheers guys..

PS: I know theres a lot of debate about the new iMac but I have to say I absolutely love it... Runs rings around my old Dual 2.3 G5 PowerMac!

That windows wallpaper inspired me to create one just for Mac and just for leopard when I get it installed. I'm missing ONE stinking image to finish the deal. I want the 'X' logo they have on the Apple page, not so much the 'X' as I have that, I want the spiral space in the background. Guess I'll have to resort to old school methods to duplicate it.

WildPalms

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2006
Honolulu, HI
Well ive been noseying round the usual places for a cool wallpaper that deserves the right to be on my desktop but so far i cant find anything cool enough!

So has anyone got a modern looking wallpaper (1920 x 1200) that maybe features the new apple black glossy logo and really does justice to the vibrant colours the new iMac produces?

I found one for when im in Windows via bootcamp and i would love a mac related equivalent for OS X.

The Windows one im using can be found at http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7206/vistaareowallpaperaurabjt3.png

Cheers guys..

PS: I know theres a lot of debate about the new iMac but I have to say I absolutely love it... Runs rings around my old Dual 2.3 G5 PowerMac!

Squish your face up against the glass of a storefront, really squish your face in, then have a friend take a photo from the inside of the store. Put that up as your wallpaper, and its you trapped in your iMac ;)

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
I had some freetime at lunch so I did this. Whatcha think? Anyone?

web.jpg

Similar to the Windows one the OP posted but more a leopard/mac feel. Again, didn't put much time into it, just about 15mins so it's a rough draft.

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
Got home and spent about 10 more minutes but finally finished it:

web.jpg

I'll put up the full 1920x1200 res file a little later.

iTiki

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2007
Maui, Hawaii
Squish your face up against the glass of a storefront, really squish your face in, then have a friend take a photo from the inside of the store. Put that up as your wallpaper, and its you trapped in your iMac ;)

Or try the same thing using your bare arse!:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.