Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Just completed my order that ships 9/19. I purchased a 128GB iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray Verizon with red leather case.

Last night at about 3:20am CDT I was able to get through using the Apple Store app on my iPhone 5. It took a lot of tries but I finally received a confirmation number at that time. About an hour later while I was fast asleep another email came through confirming the reservation and saying to wait until the next email, which will show up once Verizon can verify my upgrade. That email came through a short time ago. I was able to click the link and painlessly go through the checkout process and add the case to my cart. I'm going to try to go caseless but figured it would be good to have it.

Anyway, everything ships by 9/19. My case actually might get here by 9/17 so I can see how huge this thing really is. Made a cardboard mockup and think it will be ok but we'll see.

cred0021

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2008
Wanted 6+ 64GB Space Grey, but when I managed to get into the Apple Store app around 3:30am EDT, the only available option in 6+ silver/grey/64GB/128GB (didn't look at gold) was the 128GB Silver AT&T, so I got that. Confirmed for 9/19.

snowcrash

macrumors regular
May 30, 2011
Boston MA, USA
Ordered a little before 3:30 am EST with the app and got a 128gb silver 6+ on AT&T and the 7-10 day shipping email for est Oct 1-6 delivery.

dobe515

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
Ordered mine via AT&T website. at about 3:15am EST... 64GB iphone plus gold... states ship date of Oct. 10th - 13th... I have to think this is them relaying a safe delivery date... friend of mine had the same for the 5 and it arrived release day

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Ordered mine via AT&T website. at about 3:15am EST... 64GB iphone plus gold... states ship date of Oct. 10th - 13th... I have to think this is them relaying a safe delivery date... friend of mine had the same for the 5 and it arrived release day

Did he know ahead of time that it was going to arrive on the release date?

dobe515

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
Did he know ahead of time that it was going to arrive on the release date?

No he said he expected it in 3 weeks and it showed up at his doorstep... Said it shipped from China a week earlier with a note that said do not deliver till release date

rritterson

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
DC USA
on T-Mobile.com or apple.com?

I ordered @ 2:30am through Apple.com and have delivery date of 10/1-10/6.

I ordered at about 12:10 AM PDT through Apple.com and have a 9/19 delivery date. 6+ 16GB Space Grey T-Mobile.

Apparently, Akamai's caching of sessions was too aggressive, so if you loaded the store while it was down, it continued to be down on that device until you deleted all cookies/cache. Fortunately, I didn't pick up my iPad until 12:10, and the store (via Safari) loaded immediately.

Zetaprime

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Ohio, US
I put an order in at the Apple Store online but the order won't ship for 3 - 4 weeks. I'll go the the store next week and see if I can do any better and cancel the online order if I get lucky at the local Apple Store.

txjeep

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2009
Ordered a 6 Plus 64GB Space Gray on Apple Store APP, completed order (and received email confirmation) at 2:39am CDT, tells me it will deliver 9/19.

Manny72

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2014
I ordered from the ATT website RIGHT at 2am CST. IT went so smoothly I Was excited.

Then get confirmation that delivery is between 10/14 and 10/22. I seriously hope that date changes when all the rush is over but I doubt it will.

I do wonder if ATT is sticking it to those that have grandfathered unlimited Data and opted NOT to go the NEXT route. Their way of saying, "Fine, keep it but we are going to give priority to the others that play by the rules WE want them to play by."

I went with the Next Program and ordered a silver 128gig 6plus at the AT&T Store and was told that due to heavy Orders from the Westcoast that it might take 10-30 Days. I'm hoping it only takes 10 Days

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX

Kind of makes me wonder if it's primarily GSM phones that are seeing these delays into early October.

Oh well, I really am not that concerned about it since I'm getting the phone I wanted. Late September/Early October; it'll be in my hands by this time next month. In the meantime, I'll have a last tango in Paris with my 5S. ;)

Chief Oddball

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2009
DFW
Not me, unfortunately. The only way I could punch an order through was via the Apple Store iOS app on my phone. Although the model I picked (6 Plus, 64 GB, Space Gray, AT&T) showed "Delivers 9/19" in the app, when I got my email confirmation two minutes later, it showed a delivery date of Oct 1 - 6. WTF. That really pissed me off, especially since it took almost an hour of constant trying to get the order in in the first place.

Ah well, it's only a couple of weeks! I'll wait it out. (And hope for that outside chance that maybe my date will get moved up...)

Overall, this year's preorders were a much bigger clusterfrak than when I preordered the 5 a couple years ago. That time, I was done by four minutes after release, with release day delivery. This year I tried everything to punch a connection through to the store -- different browsers, different devices, incognito windows, flushing the DNS resolver cache, LTE vs. Wi-Fi, VPN to an offsite location, blah. None of it helped.

MyiBill

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2012
If we got in on the 7-10 day shipping time on apple.com does anyone think theres a chance it will still come next friday?

fanchee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
Ordered a silver 64g Plus through Verizon just after midnight, received the confirmation email not too long after stating delivered by 9/19. But my trust in Verizon is at an all-time low, so I also ordered a 64g Plus through Apple, got confirmation email stating delivered by 9/19. I have full confidence that one will show up next Friday!

We have three lines on our account, someone else will gladly take the other phone!

djrobx

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2007
Got my 64GB Space Gray 6 Plus AT&T order through via the iPhone mobile app around 1:10am pacific. Email confirmation of order arrived practically instantaneously once the order was complete (push email notification). Shows 9/19 delivery.

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Not me, unfortunately. The only way I could punch an order through was via the Apple Store iOS app on my phone. Although the model I picked (6 Plus, 64 GB, Space Gray, AT&T) showed "Delivers 9/19" in the app, when I got my email confirmation two minutes later, it showed a delivery date of Oct 1 - 6. WTF. That really pissed me off, especially since it took almost an hour of constant trying to get the order in in the first place.

That happened to a couple of us; I was trying to help my wife order her phone at the same time so I was really pulling my hair out at 2am. ;)

Miltz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2013
I ordered my phone at 4:20AM eastern time through at&t. 6+ space gray 64GB. They sent me a e-mail 10/14-10/22. I'm really pissed because gazelle wants my phone shipped out by 10/10, and they won't extend it. I don't get how some people who ordered after me are getting it 9/19. I just don't wanna be without a phone for 12 days.

kds786

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2010
Tennessee
Ordered through the app. 9/19 delivery date.
64GB plus gold

----------

Have you all help the Galaxy Note or LG G Flex? I'm a 6+ orderer but with massive buyers remorse. Glad the 6 isn't back ordered as I'm going to cancel the 6+. It is so big it could never stay in a pants pocket while sitting and too big to put on a dinner table, use at gym, etc. Guess I'm not a phablet person after all.

OT but please don't just put your phones on the dinner table!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.