Anyone go from Black to White?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone1105, Sep 17, 2016.

1. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

I must say, first year ever owning an iPhone with a white front panel, always was skeptical of how everything would look without nice black borders. I must say, white is definitely nice, I don't know if because its new, but my 7+ in white looks brilliant when playing video games and watching films. I may never go back to black again!

Plus I hardly see any finger smudges which is a plus with the kids wanting to grab the phone!

2. Michael Anthony macrumors regular

I did, mostly because that's the only colour my local store had for the SE model and I was constantly losing my iphone 6 on black furniture

3. iphone1105 thread starter macrumors 68020

iphone1105

I specifically chose white this year, felt like it would add more wow factor for me since my 6+ was space grey!

4. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

I'm thinking about going to a Silver or Gold 7+ from my Space Grey 6+. I like Black but it's very similar to my current. Which finish did you get?

5. asuandy macrumors member

asuandy

Same here. Switched from Space Grey to Silver after having black-front iPhones since the 5. I was getting tired of the same black front. Liking it so far.

6. iphone1105 thread starter macrumors 68020

iphone1105

I went with a Gold 128GB 7+. Honestly, things just pop more to my eye. Granted everyone is different, but enjoy the white front more.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 17, 2016 ---
    nice to hear, enjoy! what size did you get?

7. jtwlbz macrumors 6502a

Ive been always black and went with gold. Black is boring to me and white is more interesting

8. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

9. Slled macrumors newbie

I have had black for every model released until yesterday. I intended to get black but they were gone when I got to the ATT store yesterday.

They had plus models in silver, gold, and pink. While standing there contemplating they gave the last silver 128 out so I went ahead with the gold, no way in hell I would have taken a pink one.

Have to admit I'm impressed with the white face. Phone seems brighter in a way, not sure why. I ended up going with the Apple leather case in black yet again, love these Apple leather cases, they keep the bulk down and the hardware looking nice.

10. gkingha macrumors member

gkingha

I went from a Space Grey Iphone 6 plus to a White Rose Gold Iphone 7 Plus. I also have the Ipad Pro 9.7 in the Rose Gold so I wanted to match it up. Honestly I love it. With a white coloured wallpaper the phone looks slick. Doesn't look quite as good with dark wallpapers IMHO.

The black is being overdone this year I think, so i like to be a bit different (though it's hard with such a popular device obviously).

11. ohmyggg macrumors member

I love the way the 7 Plus silver back contrasts with that blacked out dual camera lens housing. Very sporty.

12. c613m macrumors 6502

c613m

Opposite for me. Had white phones since the 4S. Got the Matte Black this go round and I love it.

13. iphone1105 thread starter macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Awesome what's the biggest difference for you so far?

14. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

Same here. Always had white since the 4S. Loving the matte black tho!!

15. tjhassan macrumors member

I had white iPhone 5, went with black on the 6. Thinking of switching back to a white face, browsing the web and reading are awesome on the white face.

16. asuandy macrumors member

asuandy

256GB :)

17. Kiimora macrumors 6502a

Kiimora

The other way for me ; from light to the dark side :D; opted for matte black from rose gold.

18. mjwebb macrumors member

mjwebb

My last iPhone I had that was black was an iPhone 4, everything else was white (iPhone 5, 5s, 6) so after more than 4 years I have switched back to a black and can't wait to see it when it gets here! ONLY 4 MORE DAYS!

19. jdsmitty10 macrumors member

I went with white. Loving it. Had black 4, white 5, black 6. Now white 7. I think I prefer white overall. Looks more elegant. Especially like the ring around the home button that the black lacks..

20. piecookie macrumors member

I've had white since the iPhone 5 and I love it, there's just something about with white-tech that speaks to me, it looks fresh I guess.

21. mthomas184 macrumors 6502

mthomas184

I've had black since the 3GS. I went with a white 6s and ended up going back to black. I think the bezels look better.

Although I wish they would do a gold with black bezels :)

22. iphone1105 thread starter macrumors 68020

iphone1105

So with some more days under my belt, i'll never go back to black. So much less fingerprint crap to deal with, and i find it much easier to read in all my news apps for some reason!

23. Yptcn macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

I always had black and had decided to get white . That's what I ordered....then I chickened out , got the black which was still available for the 16th and cancelled the first one . maybe next time ...

24. Talkingtoaster macrumors regular

Talkingtoaster

Michael Jackson had a good go at it

25. rain111 macrumors 6502a

rain111

I always stuck with Black iPhone, but White iPad always, I don't think i'll ever change since I don't really like the white look on the iPhone.